Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

stoned customer service.
    #3846057 - 02/28/05 10:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

have you ever run into stoned customer serrvice at say...a mini mart? where the guy takes forever to ring up your goods, drops a few things, pushed the wrong buttons on the register and then accidentally short changes you 15 cents? seems to happen alot around here and i was wondering how yall react to it.
i used to get rather pissy about the whole thing, but after working at 2 differnt corperation type chains, i have a bit more sympathy for the clerks. normally i just get a chuckle. i remember when i was working at the head shop, i was stoned most of the time and occationaly had difficulty folding t-shirts. but people expect you to be stoned when you sell bongs.

i dont dare get high at work as a clerk now though...too many crazy people. i never had to worry about crazy people while working at petsmart. cept for the guy who wanted his ass shaved along with his poodle. but theres a fine line between punk and crazy...where was i.

crazy people. theres this one lady who comes in every second shift, buys cigs and then starts yelling about the lawyers, talks to herself tells everyone how she's going to sue. and then she smiles and leaves, saying have a nice day.
and then theres the huge 6'5 guy in the trench coat and the long black hair who looks like the undertaker from the WWF. he never talks...he buys entire display cases of lifesavers and snickers, and then when you give him back his change, he holds out his hand and growls. not to mention walking around the store cackling.
and then theres the homeless guy who comes in and showers inthe bathroom for 20 minutes. he usually takes 3 bars of soap in with him and on occation , has had a seizure in the parking lot and yells at the occational customer.
i could never work stoned there. but after all of this, i DO have a greater appreciation for those in the customer service business. i always tip and when staying at a motel , i write out long letters of approval on the little survey cards. sometimes i even leave a mint on the pillow for the maid to find. a little backwards but fun...i lost the topic of this post somewhere...damn.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: stoned customer service. [Re: greenpastures]
    #3846097 - 02/28/05 10:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was a pizza delivery guy and i would always get stoned, usually with my manager. I helped out alot with tips i think because i would be super nice, and even if i forgot something like garlic suace i would be apologetic as hell and the people would still tip great.
I never really realize if the person serving me at like a mini mart is stoned though because im usually ripped too.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: stoned customer service. [Re: Twister]
    #3846116 - 02/28/05 10:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Twister351 said:
I was a pizza delivery guy and i would always get stoned, usually with my manager. I helped out alot with tips i think because i would be super nice, and even if i forgot something like garlic suace i would be apologetic as hell and the people would still tip great.
I never really realize if the person serving me at like a mini mart is stoned though because im usually ripped too.

Back in high school i rode around with a kid who did what you did. Blaze the whole time delivering lol

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3846118 - 02/28/05 10:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Twister351 said:
I was a pizza delivery guy and i would always get stoned, usually with my manager.

that's what I did.
I wasn't excessively nice to customers though.. just slow. :tongue:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: stoned customer service. [Re: lukeboots]
    #3846156 - 02/28/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, its probably the best job around unskilled labor wise. I was definately slow too but the fake niceness came with the territory.

OfflineRambone
The 48thAmerican
 User Gallery

#3846175 - 02/28/05 10:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

fake niceness comes with the territory of any job where you deal with people who are giving you money.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: stoned customer service. [Re: Rambone]
    #3846205 - 02/28/05 10:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is very true.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3846572 - 02/28/05 12:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

haha i am getting stoned right now before my customer service job i have to be at in 30 min :smile:.  No one has a clue just gotta get me a ripit and put my eyedrops in.  I sell printers cameras and other electronic shit and they are always on my ass about selling service plans.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: stoned customer service. [Re: baraka]
    #3846708 - 02/28/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Best job while stoned : picking apples. Youre in the nice warm sun, wearing nothing but shorts cause its so fuckin hot out, and the grass is soft that you dont need shoes. Got a stereo with some reggae cranked, shit man... I cant wait for the summer.

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: stoned customer service. [Re: WildRunner]
    #3846930 - 02/28/05 01:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:
Best job while stoned : picking apples. Youre in the nice warm sun, wearing nothing but shorts cause its so fuckin hot out, and the grass is soft that you dont need shoes. Got a stereo with some reggae cranked, shit man... I cant wait for the summer.

Holy fuck. I want your life when the summer comes. That sounds super-fantastic-fucking-great.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#3847416 - 02/28/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i dont care if it's a small thing because it's funny. But if it's a big mistake I get irritated with it. If you can't handle working high, don't get high. But otherwise everyone makes mistakes.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3847454 - 02/28/05 03:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Naw man, best job while stoned: working as a cook in a pub! You get to munch on things more or less constantly, usually have quick-acess to an alley to smoke in, and you don't have to worry too much about messing up the order because, well, the customers are all drunk!

I loved that job.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3847469 - 02/28/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i used to work nights at a hotel. easiest job in the world, the only way to get through the night was to just find an empty room to blaze in, or go outside for a "property check" :lol: i could only do this from like 3-5am, cause i ocassionally would have to deal with people, sometimes until 1 or 2. they could never tell though. people that come in that late are usually tired and pissed off and just want a bed asap. also used to wait tables at a restaurant..my best tip nights were the ones where i was baked. bottom line - being stoned makes dealing with people a whole hell of a lot easier.

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
Re: stoned customer service. [Re: Hendostan]
    #3847499 - 02/28/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was a tour guide at this tourist trap in tennesse.

It would be me leading fifty tourists through a cave to an 80ft waterfall.

it was sweet.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: stoned customer service. [Re: deryl]
    #3847543 - 02/28/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

At my old job I used to get blazed and drive around a big double clutch tractor on an open airfield cutting grass, it was great I didn't have to deal with any customers.

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: stoned customer service. [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #3847560 - 02/28/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i work as a sales associate at a craftstore ...lol whenever somebody asks for something i dont know about i just send them to ile 4 ..lol

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3848924 - 02/28/05 08:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Stoners are funny when they are trying to work! :grin:

My buddy and I were on one of our weekend trips out across the deserts of the southwest.  We came out of the desert at Ludlow, California to get gas.  Ludlow is on I-40 between Barstow and Needles.  Its the middle of nowhere.  Theres really nothing there but one gas station/mini-mart.  There was 2 dudes working in the place.  I'm pretty sure they had proceeded to get extremely high right before we showed up.  One of them wandered out by the pumps while we were getting gas.  He stood there sipping on a gatorade, looking at the stuff in the back of our truck, and saying things like "Them're some nice coolers you got there." and "You guys always carry your own firewood when you go camping?".  We were laughing our asses off as we drove back off into the desert.  I looked back and he was just leaning on the pumps watching our dust. :lol:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3848957 - 02/28/05 08:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ahhh work sucked, my buzz is gone time to refresh it and get studying for tommorow.

Oh how i love getting up early to go to school, then go right to work after it, then come home and study and only sleep about 6 hours and repeat! w00t!!!

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleAmethyst_Acid
Digital Ruler
Female

Re: stoned customer service. [Re: baraka]
    #3849054 - 02/28/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i could not get stoned and work. i did wheni worked at astore, but that's just bs

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: stoned customer service. [Re: Amethyst_Acid]
    #3849079 - 02/28/05 08:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Weed + Starbucks is not a good mix. It's really frustrating and embarassing when there's a line out the door and you suddenly can't remember how many pumps of syrup go into a decaf skim grande vanilla latte.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale