Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
The United Travel Service - "Wind And Stone" (mp3)
    #4368823 - 07/04/05 09:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Let's all celebrate the birth of our nation by listening to some 60's psychedelia. For posting here at The Shroomery today, you'll be getting two songs by a group called The United Travel Service. The first song, Wind And Stone, is my favorite. These lyrics are as hippified as you can get. Here's the first verse and the chorus...........

Quote:

"Left the graveyard today
Made of things that people say
the games they play
Left what some men call home.
But to me they're graves of stone
I'd rather die alone

I don't mean to be spoilin' your plans
but I won't be a wealthy man
The wind and the forest does far more for me than your plastic society
"

Here's what Borderline Books says about The United Travel Service...............

Quote:

The United Travel Service

Personnel incl:
BEN HOFF

45s:
1 Wind And Stone/Drummer Of Your Mind (Ridon 854) 1967
2 Wind And Stone/Drummer Of Your Mind (Rust R 5120) 1967

3 Gypsy Eyes/Echo Of You (Ridon 860) 1967/8

Folk-rockers from Seattle, Washington (also quoted as from Portland Oregon). They landed a distribution deal through the New York-based Rust label. Both sides of their first 45 are excellent soft psych-rock songs, Wind And Stone being a classic 'back to the wilds' theme song with a glorious spirit-lifting raga-esque break, and lyrics reflecting the rejection of "the plastic society". The Gypsy Eyes 45 contains two more melodic folk-rockers with the odd effect and is full of dewey-eyed romantic yearning.

Their first, classic 45 has been heavily compiled. Both sides are included on Psychedelic Moods - Part Two (CD) and you can also find Wind And Stone on Acid and Flowers (CD), Echoes In Time, Vol. 1 (LP), Echoes In Time Vol's 1 & 2 (CD) and Highs In The Mid Sixties, Vol. 16. The flip, Drummer Of Your Mind also appears on Sixties Punk Ballads Sampler (LP) and Sixties Archive Vol. 5 (CD).

(Vernon Joynson / Max Waller)

The United Travel Service - Wind And Stone
4.60mb / 3:20

The United Travel Service - Drummer Of Your Mind
4.05mb / 2:56

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Johnny Price- Marijuana, The Devil Flower

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: The United Travel Service - "Wind And Stone" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4368833 - 07/04/05 09:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In case you missed them, here are a couple of other threads with psychedelic mp3s to keep you entertained......

Pink Floyd interviews

Tides In - Trip With Me

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4368837 - 07/04/05 09:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, thanks alot Learyfan!

nothing like some new tunes to get the day a rockin'

i like the little solo slap dab in the middle of wind and stone, hehe...and the progression and anticipation, lol.

good lyrics as well :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

#4368847 - 07/04/05 09:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wow i really like the second one too!  Especially the introduction! :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: The United Travel Service - "Wind And Stone" (mp3) [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4368851 - 07/04/05 09:26 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"listen to the drummer of your dreams" :heart:

i REALLY ike this song, haha.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: The United Travel Service - "Wind And Stone" (mp3) [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4368861 - 07/04/05 09:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:cool:  For some reason, I knew if anyone would dig those tunes it would be you and Adamist and people like you.  You guys seem to exemplify those type of lyrics and music. 

Check out that Tides In song, too.

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

#4368871 - 07/04/05 09:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Haha Leary, thats funny.  :smile:

Damned right you were though!

I did check out the tides in songs, very very grooovay!

They make me wanna listen to more, and also some morrison spoken word!  :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Community >> The Pub