Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: Tao]
    #3818217 -

That wasn't over the phone though, was it? I think that was just them talking, and the one guy had a tape recorder with him. Since it wasn't over the phone, the same rules do not apply.


--------------------


The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3818237 -

boxtop703 said:
Well, if he lived near me I'd definitely go give him a $2,000 ass kicking, unfortunately he lives on the west coast which is thousands of miles away.

This person happens to be a mod here at the shroomery btw.

One part of me wants to expose this deadbeat and another part of me wants to just let it go.

The thing that pisses me off is that I see him giving advice on the board and he alway comes over as some self righteous saint.

I've loaned money to friends in the past without problems.........never again though because of this asswipe.

What bothers me most is that I told him I really couldn't afford $2,000 but he pleaded to me over and over that he would DEFINITELY pay me back, even if he had to sell his boat to do it.

I loaned him the money and he never called me again.......not even to say he wasn't going to pay.



west coast mod with a boat....hmmmm

GEOKILLS

that fucking cunt took my twinkie too!


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: afoaf]
    #3818288 -

never loan anyone money you cant afford to lose


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3818328 -

boxtop703 said:
Ok, someone you like says they need a loan......you say, I'm really tight but how much do you need?

They say, $2,000................I say, I cant afford that.......................he says, don't worry,......I'll pay you back every month, $25............I say, that's not much but...................I'll do it because I trust you.

We had been talking like every three days for over two years.

1 month goes by and I hear nothing....

2 months go by and I hear nothing..................

6 months go by and I hear nothing.............

I try calling and he says, I just sold some stuff, you'll hear from me next month..................

Next month I call him and he says, you sound drunk(I was a bit buzzed), I don't pay drunks.....

Three years have gone by now WITHOUT A SINGLE PAYMENT..............



What do I do?

What would you do?




small claims court. its up to him to explain what he needed the loan for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: Amethyst_Acid]
    #3818392 -

NO.. he should take him to the Shroomery court of his peers.

He has a duty to tell us who he is..

This guy IS a MOD and I just looked and theirs only 7 mods without any trade rating. All of the others cept 1 have 5 trade shroom ratings...

This person should be exposed and dealt with uprightly by the Shroomery Court.

If anything Boxtop should PM the other mods and let them discuss this in the Mod Forum.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Edited by GabbaDj (02/22/05 06:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: SoopaX]
    #3818484 -

SoopaX said:
Actually, that would be an illegal recording of a phone conversation. It's not admissible and it's very illegal.



that depends on the state, in most states it's only illegal if both partys having
the conversation are unaware that it's being recorded, if one of the parties IS
aware then it's legal and admissable in court.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3818546 -

You are Sooooo PGF.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3818683 -

oh i didn't know it was someone from the shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: Amethyst_Acid]
    #3819075 -

I didn't start the thread to expose this guy for the dick that he is but rather get some advice and blow off a little steam.

I don't think it's a real big secret anyway as I know some mods and admins know who I'm talking about.

Maybe I was hoping just a little that this person would stand up and be a man and come forth himself....I'm sure he's aware of this thread.

I'd just like to hear him say yes, I was a dick and I'M SORRY.

But, I guess that's not going to happen.

Yes KoOS, I may just give you a call.

Anyway, bottom line is I was stupid to loan that much money and I won't make that mistake again.

The guy was having marital problems at the time and he seemed desperate so I gave in.

Now I understand why his wife dumped him.

Anyway......I have a life to get back to.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3819101 -

don't just let it go.

it is your responsibility to expose this person (just as any other scammer here would be), in order to prevent this from happening to somebody else here.


--------------------
Anno cock? Is that some kind of Greek liquer? -Geo's all-knowing sex slave
Scat's way better than mud cause it's warm. -Ythan 4/23/07

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3819154 -

depends what the loan was for. If they needed the money because some LEO fucked him, I'd front it. If he wanted a downpayment on a new car, id say go fuck yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3819295 -

after three years it is obvious the person isn't going to pay you. now it is up to you whether or not you still want to be friends with this person. it looks like to me that this person really doesn't care about you or your situation.

so in short, there really isn't anything you can do, unless you want to sabatoge his/her shit, but what good would that do.

i say move on and don't compromise your peace of mind.


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3819473 -

GabbaDj said:
You are Sooooo PGF.



I thought I was SouthernGent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3819554 -

Hate to hear it Box........seems your options are limited, this person intends to fuck you over.

Either chalk it up to a lessen learned, although a very expensive one!

or ................................Do what you must!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3821697 -

Prisoner#1 said:
I am SouthernGent




--------------------
Anno cock? Is that some kind of Greek liquer? -Geo's all-knowing sex slave
Scat's way better than mud cause it's warm. -Ythan 4/23/07

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3821783 -

Im not stressed for cash and am no tough guy but I wouldnt let that shit slide for a second. Id go over to his house and stir up a storm. If you want to go the legal route and have no record of an "I owe you" then go talk to him in person and be wired or have a recording goin on somewhere and get him to mention the money that was borrowed and never paid back, so atleast youd have a case. That shit would piss me the fuck off and most people wouldnt stand for that shit neither.
Did you think that Even if he did pay you $25 a month as agreed--3 years down the line (which present day) you still wouldnt even be half paid. ($25x36 months = $900!!) You coulda put that money into an interest earning account and made money off it then wait the 7 some odd years for it to be paid bacK!!!...kinda strange youd settle for such a deal

Edited by PsillyNilly (02/23/05 11:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3823213 -

In these type of situations, a friend of mine says that, the amount of $ the person owes you, is the price you have to pay to keep that bad person away from you.

Usually the worse persons cost the most, but its cool to know how much they cost, cos it makes shit pretty obvious. :smile: See it as a clean-up cost. Dirt always need some $ to clean up. :thumbup:


--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind


"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek



Edited by Sterile (02/23/05 04:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3823891 -

the obvious answer is too whoop his ass, he stole 2 grand from you, stop being a pussy and slap his bitch ass

EDIT: ok so after finishing reading this post, you loaned someone you had NEVER MET 2 grand? you are the dumbest person ever, and you deserve to have ur money stolen.


--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

Edited by LilShank (02/23/05 06:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: boxtop703]
    #3824097 -

Boxtop tell us who the fuck it is!!!!!!!

We will all drive this person from the boards.  You deserve at least that.  TELL US NOW!!!!  :mad2:

It can't be Shroomism.  He's not on the west coast and has never been married.  So I don't know what looner's talking about.


--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Question to the pub. [Re: Learyfan]
    #3826210 -

Yeah, it's not fair that so many of the mods who are completely innocent keep being brought up.

Fuck it.

It's Roadkill.

I was maybe hoping he would come forth and start paying what he owes me...that's not gonna happen obviously.

Do what you will.

I only presented it because so many people were naming the wrong person and it wasn't respectful to the rest of the mods who I assume are stand-up folks.

I assume RK ripped me because he thought I'd never bring it to the board.....anyway.

There you have it.


The only reason I protected him this long was because we had a business relationship that lasted all of 3 months, 3 years ago........

It was wrong of me to ever get involved business-wise with this guy in the first place....I learned my lesson.

Anyway, we haven't spoken for years and I don't ever intend to speak to him again.

He misled me into believing we were freinds.

Fuck it, the sad part is and most people will think I'm stupid because of it, he needed the money to go visit his ex-wife.

He baited and I bit....end of story.

I'm also done posting about it too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you have a fetish?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Phishgrrl 9,794 90 08/21/04 10:52 AM
by Edge
* Strangest Fetish
( 1 2 3 all )
KristiMidocean 4,957 47 02/10/05 10:32 AM
by JettaJay
* Pub = Lame Prodijal_Son 2,062 13 03/07/03 01:21 AM
by Just a Punk
* The pub. an essay by joe joe666 1,293 6 03/19/19 09:48 PM
by tyrannicalrex
* The pub won me over Mr. Faggot 688 16 03/18/04 02:08 PM
by Ripple
* I've decided the Pub is the place to be.
( 1 2 all )
LoverOfMana 3,745 27 05/08/04 01:51 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Perhaps a strange question... Atreau 1,543 13 03/17/04 11:23 PM
by Atreau
* Questions about COD's phishytrip 825 3 04/08/03 03:22 PM
by Karen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
10,362 topic views. 3 members, 14 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.