Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
What is your ritual?
    #3797933 -

What is your spiritual ritual? How do you go about experiancing God?

Do you pray? Meditate? Dance? Sing? Do you make pilgrimages to holy places? Do you observe a sabbath day? What holidays do you celebrate (for spiritual purposes. Going to the St. Patties day parade doesn't count, unless that is spiritual for you). If you eat mushrooms, what rituals do you perform to ensure an enlightening trip (besides fasting to aviod stomach discomfort)? Eating shrooms themselves is a ritual to become closer to God, but how do you go about that ritual? Or do you not have any rituals and simply "go with the flow"?

I like to rave as a prayer to harmony, and to express the joy of being alive. I try to meditate, but not often enough. I am planning a pilgrimage to a remote place of nature. I also draw to express my inner rhythm which is a part of the universal rhythm.

Now it's your turn.

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE! DON'T START ARGUING!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3798170 -

I strait up just live and love everything. I like to make up music, write and Love.

I am pretty against church because they try to "force unify" beliefs which I think is wrong.

I also don't worship Jesus because of what Jesus said in John 10:30-35 (especially verse 34). If you worship Jesus, you might as well worship all people. This is why I feel it is important to love and not put God above you, but love God as an equal.


--------------------
Agent 727
7

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3798223 -

listen to music and jax

Before a trip I try to clear my mind of negative thoughts and images... or anything that could throw me into a bad trip. This includes selecting appropriate material; movies, articles, etc. Also, going outside seems to put me in a good mood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3798433 -

My ritual is all rituals! Living life and everything that comes with it is my ritual. But I guess you could say there are times when I feel more "in tune" with the world, in a spiritual sense, like when I'm dancing or walking out in nature or taking the drugs. :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3798437 -

living that experience(life) full of love and peace
and yeah art is ohh so spiritual
:sun:

edit:dancing is also amazing,
like gil said,
active meditation
:smile:


--------------------
lucidal expansion

Edited by butterflydawn (02/18/05 12:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: butterflydawn]
    #3798486 -

I put a glass of water near the bed
what ever happens will be fine
I give my wife all the extra pillows
she watches over me


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3798627 -

I just live, I do the right thing when things come up, I love, simple as that.

and I listen.

MAGnum, that's a very good point right there, as I mentiond in another thread, If Jesus and God are one and the same, and It's God in Christ and Christ in us, what does that make us?

that still makes God above Christ, and Christ above us, but we are still one and the same, just as Jesus and God are one and the same.

anyways, about tripping, I used to get all prepared for it, fast, meditate, pray, etc... now there is no ritual, just kinda wing it, i also used to worry about how much i'm taking, now i just take a handful and guess with my eye if it's enough to get me anywhere interesting.

if it's Delsym, I usually get 6 or more 5oz bottles, and free up a week or more of no plans, no work, none of that kind of stuff, I call it a vacation (the word tripping does'nt mean tripping anymore.), and thats how it goes.

but I don't trip in search of God, I do it for namely two reasons, recreation and theraputic reasons, I believe God is with me at all times, so he is there to, you could say.


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: JCoke]
    #3799177 -

Why is Jesus above us?

Sorry, I havent read the whole bible, but what I understood was that Jesus was a man who held love for mankind as his number one priority over love for himself. He was killed because of this, proving that people can infact exist with love for thier fellow man, and no matter how bad it can turn on you, no amount of suffering can outweigh love if you let go of hate.

If I were to worship Jesus Christ, I would worship him as a modern day hero, and not as a super human all mighty ninja.


I think most religions practise the same kind of selflessness.


As far as ritual, I dont know that I have one!
I like to listen to music, oh how i love music. Some days I get into it way more than others, but sometimes it can just blast me into spiritual bliss.

I like to find secluded places in nature and spend some time alone there. I wish i had more time to do this, as its very seldom these days. I guess that is a form of meditation, and taking in all of my problems and letting them go away.

When I use drugs, I pretty much use them just for fun. I am a very spiritual person, and believe in potential of certain substances... You will always get something out of a trip, but its silly to expect something. Relax, have fun, and take it all in:)

thats my ritual.


--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: tak]
    #3800568 -

Meditation.

I dont do it as often as I should tho...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: niteowl]
    #3800611 -

I take a shit once a day.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: niteowl]
    #3800859 -

A big part of my ritual is hunting the mushrooms and preparing the tee. I used to grow them and I may again at some point in the future, but for now hunting them makes me feel more connected. I hunt in the woods on public land and when I find shrooms I see them as a gift from God.

When I have found enough for a dose, I pack an overnight camping bag and find a secluded spot in the wilderness. Then I prepare a very thick and bitter tea from the mushrooms (Gymnopilus sp.) which takes about forty minutes of simmering and stirring. By the time I consume the brew I have been mentally preparing for the trip for at least a few days, and have spent at least the last several hours alone and silent. In my earlier days I abused mushrooms and had some really hellish trips, the seclusion in nature and the preparation rituals give me alot of time to think "Do I really want to do this?" The final part of the ritual is when I consume the shots. I ask myself "Do you really want to do this?" Answer "yes" and take the first shot of bitter tea. If I am truly at peace and ready to trip, then it will go down smoothly, if not then I will gag. I continue this shot after shot until I can no longer answer "yes." Usually I can get down five or six shots before I start to gag, but sometimes it's only three. How much I can swallow is an indication of how strong a trip I am prepared to handle. After dosing I lie down in the tent for about an hour to minimize the nausea I always get on the ride up. Of course I always pray.

For me shrooms are not a party drug; a natural setting is essential for a good mushroom trip. :mushroom2:

Edited by shroomydan (02/18/05 09:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: tak]
    #3801367 -

root-ninja-tak said:
Why is Jesus above us?

Sorry, I havent read the whole bible, but what I understood was that Jesus was a man who held love for mankind as his number one priority over love for himself. He was killed because of this, proving that people can infact exist with love for thier fellow man, and no matter how bad it can turn on you, no amount of suffering can outweigh love if you let go of hate.



this should help a little bit

in a nut shell, God decides who's above who, God made himself above all, and Jesus above us.


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3801820 -

Quote:
What is your spiritual ritual?



I have many rituals which I perform.The most common is a simple ritual in which I give thanks to my gods/godesses and give an offering and sometimes it involves asking for a blessing or favor.

Quote:
How do you go about experiancing God?




Ahem.Gods and godesses.Although I favor some gods and godesses over others.Naturally.

Quote:
Do you pray?



In a way, yes.

Quote:
Meditate?



In a way, yes.But not a traditional type.

Quote:
Dance?



Not usually.

Quote:
Sing?



There are chants that are recited to focus energy/create altered states of perception.It might be considered a form of singing.

Quote:
Do you make pilgrimages to holy places?



In a way yes.I visit my sacred grove often.It is much like a holy place for me.

Quote:
Do you observe a sabbath day?



Every day is sacred to me. :smile: But I do have many minor "holidays" and more than several major "holidays" in which there is celebration and these days are sacred and meaningful.


--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3802806 -

So most people just "go with it" huh? Do you think that's because you've never had an appealing/touching ritual to follow or because you reject the idea of structured ritual?

shroomydan said:
A big part of my ritual is hunting the mushrooms and preparing the tee. I used to grow them and I may again at some point in the future, but for now hunting them makes me feel more connected. I hunt in the woods on public land and when I find shrooms I see them as a gift from God.

When I have found enough for a dose, I pack an overnight camping bag and find a secluded spot in the wilderness. Then I prepare a very thick and bitter tea from the mushrooms (Gymnopilus sp.) which takes about forty minutes of simmering and stirring. By the time I consume the brew I have been mentally preparing for the trip for at least a few days, and have spent at least the last several hours alone and silent. In my earlier days I abused mushrooms and had some really hellish trips, the seclusion in nature and the preparation rituals give me alot of time to think "Do I really want to do this?" The final part of the ritual is when I consume the shots. I ask myself "Do you really want to do this?" Answer "yes" and take the first shot of bitter tea. If I am truly at peace and ready to trip, then it will go down smoothly, if not then I will gag. I continue this shot after shot until I can no longer answer "yes." Usually I can get down five or six shots before I start to gag, but sometimes it's only three. How much I can swallow is an indication of how strong a trip I am prepared to handle. After dosing I lie down in the tent for about an hour to minimize the nausea I always get on the ride up. Of course I always pray.

For me shrooms are not a party drug; a natural setting is essential for a good mushroom trip. :mushroom2:



That sounds like a very nice ritual. That's interesting how you figure out how much to take. It's like God saying "That's enough, I'll take it from here". LOL! It's good to listen to your body!

That is sort of how I plan to do my trips from now on. Definitely in a natural setting with quiet self contemplation. I am debating whether to go on my pilgrimage by myself, or to bring along someone who will most likely distract me or disrupt my ritual and not take the journey seriously and instead think of it as a "road trip".

UnenlightenedOne>> It's nice to hear that someone still follows some kind of tradition. What Gods/Goddesses do you worship? What "religion" do you consider yourself?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3802825 -

lately I've been taking a shit 3 or 4 times a day... smooth move

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3802856 -

Pretty much every day I come home from work, take a shower, sit with my girlfriend and smoke a bowl, then we eat dinner together. This is pretty much the best part of my day, a "recharging" of sorts, and I would consider it my most important ritual. Also me and my girlfriend have a quote-of-the-day book of the Dalai Lama that we read every day.


--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3803421 -

nice and regular, a good habit


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3803553 -

why thank you (*shits)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3803594 -

damn, 3 or 4 times a day...what do you eat??!!
me its like 3 or 4 times a week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your ritual? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3803691 -

it's a sign of good health to shit several times a day, it means your eating well, so I heard.

i probally shit only 2-3 times a week, meaning i'm not eating well.

so i heard anyways...


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shamanic pilgrimage Limus 1,203 14 09/21/08 05:54 AM
by DXM Guru
* Pilgrimage / Renunciation / Home Leaving / Advice?
( 1 2 all )
dblaney 3,180 21 01/06/07 01:23 AM
by CerebralFlower
* Rituals Veritas 1,921 17 11/11/05 07:22 PM
by Viveka
* Native American Church: An Anthropologist's Experience with Peyote Ritual shroomydan 2,614 1 03/26/06 05:34 AM
by redgreenvines
* Ritual
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 1,660 23 07/26/09 09:22 AM
by zen buddy
* Is the scientific method a ritual?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
KickleM 2,864 68 02/29/12 03:44 PM
by Kickle
* Rituals. Droz 1,513 16 07/25/08 07:02 AM
by WhiskeyClone
* Power of ritual Epigallo 785 7 05/23/08 05:39 PM
by Epigallo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,837 topic views. 0 members, 31 guests and 43 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.