Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Ritual
    #10725412 -

I can think of nothing less empowering than mindlessly repeating words spoken by a leader or written in a book. Negative bonus points for dressing in the same fashion as everyone else and all facing the same way.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual *DELETED* [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10725449 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Lakefingers]
    #10725450 -

I hope you were kneeling when you said that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10725456 -

Does the OC wear clothes he made himself?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Mufungo]
    #10725468 -

If I a post a pic of me at the computer, you could very well have nightmares for years to come.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual *DELETED* [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10725481 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Lakefingers]
    #10725485 -

Dammit! :mad2:

Who hacked my photo album?!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual *DELETED* [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10725494 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Lakefingers]
    #10725506 -

I look younger without my glasses.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10725597 -

Do you celebrate birthdays or holidays in any form or fashion?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #10725622 -

For social purposes only, not to gain power or knowledge. Special days are not special to me.

Mandatory card and present exchange seems to create more pain than pleasure.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10727165 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
I can think of nothing less empowering than mindlessly repeating words spoken by a leader or written in a book. Negative bonus points for dressing in the same fashion as everyone else and all facing the same way.



then dont do it


--------------------
EARTH E ART HEART HEAR THE ART

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Lakefingers]
    #10727228 -

Lakefingers said:
OrgoneConclusion said:
If I a post a pic of me at the computer, you could very well have nightmares for years to come.



Don't be so hard on yourself. It's just a bit of visceral fat.





I think I know that guy...
He's thinner at the moment though.


--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10727518 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
For social purposes only, not to gain power or knowledge. Special days are not special to me.

Mandatory card and present exchange seems to create more pain than pleasure.



I very much agree.

On rituals, I think they're worthwhile if their origin and meaning come from the person doing them. Following another person's rituals is pointless, but we all have personal rituals we value, whether we think of them as rituals or not.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Edited by laserpig (07/23/09 03:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: laserpig]
    #10727679 -

I've been repeating "Om Gum Ganpatayei Namaha" several hundred times a day and 20 minutes endlessly to work and from work.

It's opened my eyes to opportunities everywhere.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10728171 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
I can think of nothing less empowering than mindlessly repeating words spoken by a leader or written in a book. Negative bonus points for dressing in the same fashion as everyone else and all facing the same way.



That's not ritual, it's 'service' or 'worship'. This is ritual:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Middleman]
    #10728235 -

no, thats an awesome poster


--------------------
EARTH E ART HEART HEAR THE ART

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Wet]
    #10729098 -

Heh, titties. :smirk:


--------------------
Let's get the fuck out of here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10729974 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
I can think of nothing less empowering than mindlessly repeating words spoken by a leader or written in a book. Negative bonus points for dressing in the same fashion as everyone else and all facing the same way.



Mindlessness is, more often than not, a benefit of ritual.  Although it can be said that consciousness cannot manifest without mind, I speak of mindlessness as the passive mind in submission to will.  Rest assured, gnosis, trance states, invocation, etc. can all be attained through a properly performed ritual.  Although these states may upset the ideologies of the mindchained, much like the use of drugs capable of activating 5th or higher circuits of consciousness(Leary model), they are in no way indicative of depowerment.  Of course, power is a rather vague term typically associated with dominance and possession.  A point can be made of a properly performed ritual as being both empowering and depowering depending on ones understanding of what the term implies.

When one thinks of ritual as a typical Sunday mass at the local Cat box, I can see how one may take on a negative outlook.  However, I think the main issue with ritual of this sort is that it simply does'nt seem to facilitate exalted states of consciousness.  For comparison within Christianity, I view Pentecostalism as a far more effective denomination as it simply seems to work often for the intended purpose of its ritual activity.

It is quite obvious that many rituals are designed as glyphs for a greater meaning.  Compare to the way various forms of art(of which ritual is one) do the same thing.  However, the words and such of a ritual may possess no meaning whatsoever and still be effective.  Such is the case with the barbarous names of evocation.  Yet, when performed with the proper fervor, things may simply work.  I urge one to meditate upon I,44 and I,56 of the holy book for validation on this.  A person may be provided with many paths up the mountain, some of which more efficient than others,  but does the person also have the ambition to climb it or the physical capability to do so?  Also, provided with the above, can the climber find love in ascending, descending, and resting upon the slopes?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual [Re: Middleman]
    #10735882 -

Hey...I still have that Hawkwind album. I even saw them in concert at The Academy of Music in NYC.
"Hurry up sundown...see what tomorrow brings..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rituals Veritas 1,921 17 11/11/05 07:22 PM
by Viveka
* Native American Church: An Anthropologist's Experience with Peyote Ritual shroomydan 2,614 1 03/26/06 05:34 AM
by redgreenvines
* What is your ritual?
( 1 2 all )
dr0mni 2,837 27 02/21/05 01:22 AM
by dr0mni
* Is the scientific method a ritual?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
KickleM 2,863 68 02/29/12 03:44 PM
by Kickle
* Rituals. Droz 1,513 16 07/25/08 07:02 AM
by WhiskeyClone
* Power of ritual Epigallo 785 7 05/23/08 05:39 PM
by Epigallo
* Baseless and Unnecessary Explanations and Rituals
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 3,997 59 05/19/05 09:52 AM
by Adviapacis
* Lesser Banishment Ritual of the Pentagram Jalruza 1,702 16 08/11/06 05:14 AM
by eve69

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,660 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 26 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.