Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Wesley Willis and Beetlejuice
    #3793791 - 02/17/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I really, really like Wesley Willis and Beetlejuice(from the Stern show). I have lots of cd's full of Wesley Willis songs and Beetlejuice appearances on the Stern show. Wesley Willis is dead now, but he had schizophrenia. Beetlejuice just has a small head and a small brain.

I have had a problem with this for a long time though. These guys make me laugh. They make me happy. But these guys are/were both mentally handicapped. When I laugh at these guys, am I making fun of their handicap? I mean, part of what I love about these guys is that they are SO damned sincere and honest. But I don't think it's cool laugh AT the handicapped. So is it ok to laugh at what these guys do/did?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Wesley Willis and Beetlejuice [Re: Learyfan]
    #3793795 - 02/17/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

humor makes life easier.

wesley willis was big time depressed. he never appeared happy. BUT... his music kept him from living in a cardboard box.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3793806 - 02/17/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck myyyyyyyy dooooooooog's dick

--------------------
]

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3793835 - 02/17/05 03:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Trust me if it wasnt for Howard stern these people would probably be living on the street, and now they are rich and somewhat happy.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Wesley Willis and Beetlejuice [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3793946 - 02/17/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh, yes, stern is a saintly man...

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3793978 - 02/17/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

rich + somewhat happy = DEAD

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#3794156 - 02/17/05 04:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Trust me if it wasnt for Howard stern these people would probably be living on the street, and now they are rich and somewhat happy.

Well first off, I doubt very much that either of these guys are/were "rich". They've made a fair amount of money, but does that make it ok for me to laugh at them?

I don't want to be the kind of person who laughs at someone who is down. I love these guys. I have more cds and DVDs of these guys than I care to admit, but am I just laughing at their illness and then justifying it by saying "Well, they made money from it."?

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3794222 - 02/17/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I struggle with the same issue, as far as Howard Stern goes. It's the only part of the show that consistently makes me laugh, when he has wackpackers come on. I love them all. They always brighten my mornings with their weird outbursts and musings it seems.

I honestly believe that these eccentric/crazy people, Wesley Willis, Beatlejuice, Kenneth Kieth Kallenbach, High Pitch Eric, Fred the Elephant Boy, John the Stutterer, old school Stuttering John, Tiny Tim, the fat kid on the internet who raps....I think they are just flambouyantly being one aspect of who they are, and they know they are making people laugh, and I believe they want people to respect them (as everyone in the world wants others to respect them), yet at the same time they may be aware that many of the people who laugh at what they do are laughing at them in a mean, condescending way. I laugh at them, but I have a lot of respect for them because they say awesome things, they have awesome delivery, and mostly because they keep doing what they do, making people smile, regardless of the fact that so many people who are laughing at what they do don't respect them also. It's the people who laugh at them in a mean way who are stupid because they think the wackpackers can't help what they do, that there is the foolishness. These guys are entertainers, they are gifted, they're just a little further into their character than Dustin Hoffman was doing Rainman. I don't know what the hell I'm trying to say. I think basically it comes down to whether or not you respect them at the same time you're laughing at what they do.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
    #3794227 - 02/17/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've hung out with Wesley Willis a couple times. He was definately crazy, but fun to hang out with. He was obsessed with giving people head butts. Not like fighting, but instead of shaking hands kinda thing. I definately miss drunken nights at the Metro with him though.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

OfflineFeveredEgo
Stranger

#3794234 - 02/17/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It doesn't sound like you're going, "Bahahahaha, what a dumbass," it sounds more like you were going, "Hahahahaha, I love those guys." To me, the mentally retarded can be very funny. I can't help it, they just make me laugh. I don't think it's morally wrong to laugh at them, because I always try to find something to laugh about in sad situations, otherwise you'll get real bent out of shape about it. I don?t think it?s funny how frustrating life can be for you if you?re retarded?when I think about it too much it gets me really bummed, I just think that some of their behavior can be funny. However, I think that setting someone up for ridicule like Stern has done is wrong. So, basically, Stern is a dick and you aren?t.

As a note, I don?t watch the show, so the idea that he?s making a mockery out of them is sort of an assumption. Feel free to call me a moron if I?m wrong.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Wesley Willis and Beetlejuice [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3794262 - 02/17/05 04:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
I struggle with the same issue, as far as Howard Stern goes.  It's the only part of the show that consistently makes me laugh, when he has wackpackers come on.  I love them all.  They always brighten my mornings with their weird outbursts and musings it seems. 

I honestly believe that these eccentric/crazy people, Wesley Willis, Beatlejuice, Kenneth Kieth Kallenbach, High Pitch Eric, Fred the Elephant Boy, John the Stutterer, old school Stuttering John, Tiny Tim, the fat kid on the internet who raps....I think they are just flambouyantly being one aspect of who they are, and they know they are making people laugh, and I believe they want people to respect them (as everyone in the world wants others to respect them), yet at the same time they may be aware that many of the people who laugh at what they do are laughing at them in a mean, condescending way.  I laugh at them, but I have a lot of respect for them because they say awesome things, they have awesome delivery, and mostly because they keep doing what they do, making people smile, regardless of the fact that so many people who are laughing at what they do don't respect them also.  It's the people who laugh at them in a mean way who are stupid because they think the wackpackers can't help what they do, that there is the foolishness.  These guys are entertainers, they are gifted, they're just a little further into their character than Dustin Hoffman was doing Rainman.  I don't know what the hell I'm trying to say.  I think basically it comes down to whether or not you respect them at the same time you're laughing at what they do.

Wow, question!  Very well said!  :thumbup: :thumbup: You really hit the nail on the head.  This gives me something to think about.  Interesting analogy about Dustin Hoffman, etc..

I really do respect these guys.  I mean, they're so brilliant sometimes and so honest all the time.  I mean, even when Beetlejuice is lying he's being honest. 

You should see the amount of files I have of these guys.  I have hundreds of Wesley Willis songs and hours of Beetlejuice's appearances on Stern, etc..  I'm silly.

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3794286 - 02/17/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Kenneth Kieth Kallenbach made an appearance on Stern about 2 months ago. He was just there cause he hadn't been on in a while, but also he was the opening act for one of Artie's big standup gigs. So Kenneth Kieth had a standup comedy act. It was so great. None of the jokes had punchlines. They were just these weird broken stories about his life, but structured like the first 3/4 of a standup comedy joke. I was cracking up so hard. All these asshole Stern listeners called in and told him he sucked and to get off the air.
I emailed him and said he broke me up and to keep doing what he was doing cause there were some people who got him, even if we are a minority. He emailed me back, thanking me, real friendly like as he is on the show. I'd rather have Kenneth Kieth Kallenbach president of the USA than G Dub.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Wesley Willis and Beetlejuice [Re: beejay]
    #3794854 - 02/17/05 07:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

beejay said:
I've hung out with Wesley Willis a couple times. He was definately crazy, but fun to hang out with. He was obsessed with giving people head butts. Not like fighting, but instead of shaking hands kinda thing. I definately miss drunken nights at the Metro with him though.

Wow, you've hung out with Wesley? Man, you're so lucky. I'd love to be able to hang out with him. I know what you mean about the head butting. I have his documentary called "The Daddy Of Rock n Roll", which is amazing. What is your favorite song? I couldn't really choose one, but "I Smoke Weed", "You Fucked That Man's Car Up" and "You Better Find My Pistol" are up there. But there's just way too many to choose from.

FeveredEgo: It's hard to say weither Stern has Beetlejuice and Wesley Willis on the show to ridicule them. On one hand he's putting them on display knowing full well that they will be laughed at. On the other hand he obviously loves Beetlejuice as a person and would probably have loved Wesley if he had had him on the show more than that one time. Stern definitely falls more on the side that ridicules them IMO. The fact that he has given the monikers "Gary The Retard" and "Wendy The Retard" to people proves this.

Question: Interesting story about KKK. I didn't hear his most recent spot.

--------------------

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
    #3799603 - 02/18/05 05:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You should check out a South Park episode called "Timmy 2000." It is kinda about what you were talking about. Beetlejuice is also in Scary Movie 2 if anyone didn't know.

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds