Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
Trippin too hard
    #3784579 - 02/15/05 04:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I had an eight gram dose about six months ago and had a very very disturbing trip. Obviously it was an accident, we didn't add right. They were ground up with a coffe grinder (Treasure C.) and blended with OJ. Recently we gave it another shot but were very concerned with controling the amount. I figured 3.5 gram was a safe bet since all the post I have seen here have told me it's a average dose. My friends went well but mine was worse than the 8 gram trip, very unpleasant level five. Obviously the material is potent and very eficient (works in fifteen minutes, lasts long time.)

Question is, I'm wondering if I have sensitized myself and will always have bad experiences no matter the dose?
I was prepared last time(mentally) and had no underlying problems goin on.
What do you suggest I do to get back into tripping without having to have those bad trips in the back of my head? I am not new to tripping, by the way, just never had this problem.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Trippin too hard [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3784756 - 02/15/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm, so even with ideal set and setting, and life going generally well, you still have bad trips? Maybe psychedelics just aren't for you. Then again, maybe your just really really unlucky! Give it another go, maybe start real low, and if that goes good, move up next time and so on and so on. Until you can do a eighth or more with over all good results.

Good luck.

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Re: Trippin too hard [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3784803 - 02/15/05 05:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's the plan so far. I can't imagine a good level five though. However, after I come down I feel really lucky and happy to be sane! So I guess part of it is good!

--------------------

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
    #3784906 - 02/15/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

try to control your breath. control your mind through your breath. i would recommend studing breathing techniques taught in yoga or meditation. i usually prepare myself a day before a trip. stay positive and just flow.

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Re: Trippin too hard [Re: gema]
    #3784919 - 02/15/05 06:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The funny thing was before we started I was trying to keep my friend calm. He didn't end up needing it. It just really seemed to hit me way to fast. Maybe, the way we take it is way too efficient. Who'd a thunk.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3784969 - 02/15/05 06:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Do you have a problem "letting go" of your ego and allowing the mushroom to completely overcome you? Do you try and control the trip too much? I find most bad trips stem from those things...

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Trippin too hard [Re: MOTH]
    #3785449 - 02/15/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, whatever it is that you find that makes your trip bad, you must embrace it. It is as simple as that, yet it is not so simple to do. When you accept and embrace whether it be losing control, as most people do, or your own mortal death, it will dissapear and you will be filled with a warm glow from within. Just accept it. Those are powerful words that many can never see the depth in. The reflection you see in it shows how far along the path you are. There is only one thing. IT is the only thing, accept it for what it is and let it be. Your label is the only "bad" about your trips. Mushrooms make you crazy, don't negelct them for what they are. But their power is formidable, in more ways than is perceptible.

The OJ method does have very quick effects. I would suggest taking some capsules, that way you might come up slower. I suggest going with like 1-2 grams next time, low doses can be powerful.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Edited by mecreateme (02/15/05 07:48 PM)

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: Trippin too hard [Re: MOTH]
    #3785933 - 02/15/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Do you have a problem "letting go" of your ego and allowing the mushroom to completely overcome you? Do you try and control the trip too much? I find most bad trips stem from those things...

letting go sometimes is easier said than done. I have been learning how to do it easier and easier, and now its not even that bad. Even though it is pretty scarry almost everytime you do it. Especially those trips where you know your going for a LONG ride.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Trippin too hard [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3785967 - 02/15/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EternalMetal said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Do you have a problem "letting go" of your ego and allowing the mushroom to completely overcome you?  Do you try and control the trip too much?  I find most bad trips stem from those things...

letting go sometimes is easier said than done.  I have been learning how to do it easier and easier, and now its not even that bad.  Even though it is pretty scarry almost everytime you do it.  Especially those trips where you know your going for a LONG ride.

It's DEFINATELY easier said then done.  :smile:  But it's the only way many people can enjoy their trips.  (like me for example)

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
Re: Trippin too hard *DELETED* [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3787816 - 02/16/05 02:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by bumper

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Trippin too hard [Re: bumper]
    #3791509 - 02/17/05 01:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

after a very very bad trip i had about 1,5 years ago,all my trips until now are not so good. The first trips after this bad one were bad trips too. But the last couple times i tried to much and i lowered the badness...
You must try it hard... it needs some time and it will go away...
You must go with lower dosages for a few times..
Be with people that you are comfortable with, have good set and setting... and something very important is to go with the flow!!!! If you resist you make it worse.

Low dosing for a while,be with good friends,good set and setting,don't fight it,let it take you wherever the mushroom god wants..

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Re: Trippin too hard [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3791856 - 02/17/05 04:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the deep input, it's what I really needed to hear.
The thing that never ceases to amaze me about mushrooms is how much you learn about your self in the process.
I used to think I had a strong constitution and self will. But after these experiences I have found some problems emerging. I don't like to hear "sounds like your mind is saying something you don't wanna hear." cause that's telling me maybe I shouldn't be tripping. I don't think that's the answer, because I will work it out. I'm not afraid of doing that. However, I obviously, am uncertain about the insanity. No matter how much I reassure myself that I will be normal again, the insanity get the better of me and I go to a place I never want to be. I believe that I am trapped in my mind and I can't communicate with anyone because I have gone insane from M&M overdose. I agomize over my pathetic misfortune and the shame I have brought my family. I am in a sanitarium and the voices of my friends echo through my head as they are obviously visiting me there. I am not able to see them clearly but I struggle to communicate with them and ask them why they don't just put me out of my and their misery. But of course, the voice is really of my friend trying to talk me down and he tells me he wants me to live. But I don't see how I can.
After the last trip my friend called me a couple days later to make sure I was alright, which kinda threw me for a loop. He said I seemed suicidal that night and thought maybe I had some problems bothering me. I almost laughed because nothing could be further from the truth. I've never considered myself suicidal. But maybe I am subconsciencely? I don't believe it one bit. But I do believe I need to feel more comfortable with the effects of M&Ms at that dosage because what a good thing that would be to feel.
I just don't understand why I and all of you continue to use when it is so hard to make it good? Is it the ultimate mind control? Or what? Anybody have any more ideas on how to change my train of thought here?

--------------------

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#3793087 - 02/17/05 11:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You might want to try a mantra. A mantra doesn't necessarily have to be the typical "om mani padme hung"; you could make a mantra of your own, some words that make you feel confident and happy, then just keep repeating that in your mind.

Edited by fazdazzle (10/25/09 12:24 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3793186 - 02/17/05 11:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What are you talking about? Are you looking for Saturday Morning Cartoons? We are talking about secrets of divinity here, real heavy stuff.

"I just don't understand why I and all of you continue to use when it is so hard to make it good?" My trips aren't bad, they are crazy and mystical and cosmic but good if you ask me. But what really is good?

I think you have an idea in your head of what good is and you are not willing to change it. Just think for a minute, outside of your own damn ego, of what good really is. It is a label put on something by your brain, nothing more, nothing less. The problem lies inside of you, in your mental thought processes. You have also not yet learned to give up completely and let yourself go. Once you understand your thought processes and learn what it really is to let go you will have much better trips. You might also start to learn about the universe in which you live. Anyway, good luck in future excursions.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: Trippin too hard [Re: mecreateme]
    #3793745 - 02/17/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Like mecreateme the OJ method (for me at least) makes things happen quick and hard, I don't like it personally maybe trying a different method of injesting could help somewhat

HOWEVER, This seems to be a mental/emotional issue to me. I had this problem a while ago. The first few times I ate mushies I had this marevelously "fun" time; giggling, pretty lights etc. As I started to do them more, the trips changed and became more emotional, spiritual. I had a couple of bad trips because I wanted it to be like it was before fun and frivilous. I've learned though that this is not what psychedelics are about, they are VERY spiritual, once I accepted this idea I started having good trips again. They're very different from when I first started but still "good". Mushrooms have changed me, and maybe that's what you need to accept too.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

#3793780 - 02/17/05 02:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I didn't mean to upset anybody, but I only ask the questions that I can come up with so far. Obviously you realize I am not asking myself the right questions. I really do want to understand the way you do. These are just the thoughts I have at this time. I can't help it, but I can change it- mature my thoughts so to speak.
I guess I really didn't know what I was getting my self into with the M&Ms. The most tripping I did was on LSD before, and I always felt very in control, I could easily mentally overpower my friend on LSD. I felt invincible. But M&Ms are a different animal all together. Originally, I was expecting the same type of trip. Lsd is not available anymore. M&Ms were. So now I have to learn how to trip all over again. I definitely need to quit trying so hard to get the LSD effect (visuals and feelings of strength). I will do small doses till I learn more. Definitely need to study more of the spiritual crap.
Thanks again
NOS

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3793824 - 02/17/05 02:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"I could easily mentally overpower my friend on LSD."
What does this mean? It doesn't sound like a good thing to be doing to your friend. You may not be the right kind of person to trip mushrooms, there are people like that, not saying you are one. Don't neglect it and let the shrooms cause you some real problems.

You are right, you are the way you are. It is good to recognize something like that. And there is nothing wrong with where you are and how you think, everyone is the same. i_rage said it very well: Even if the trip isn't what you thought was good, it is a different kind of "good." You need to widen your definition of good.

It is not spiritual crap. It is all that you are. Spiritual things are the only things that are. Everything is a spiritual thing, start by living your life in a peaceful and loving way to everything that you come in contact with.

Just remember this: there is no tripping too hard.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3793893 - 02/17/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think you have some sound advice here, especially when u say to 'just accept it'. That is the hardest thing you could ever do when you are faced with your own conciousness during a bad trip. There shouldn't be a battle of the mind, you are your conciousness and that's it, accepting this i found very hard. On the other hand, I don't take mushrooms to feel like shit either, and I believe you can direct your mushroom trip. If you feel like your trip is taking a bad turn or yer tripping very hard, just remind yourself why you took shrooms, and move your thoughts to a more positive direction. If you still keep getting bad trips you should just stop doing shrooms all together. Let your mind figure things out on it owns for a while, and then try again with a low dose. anyway, gl in your future trips NOS.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Trippin too hard [Re: chodamunky]
    #3794691 - 02/17/05 05:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think letting go might be more effective if you locate specifically what you need to let go of. If you can identify and try to understand the feeling it might be easier to transcend it. I know I have this rough spot in my mind that freaks out because it feels like it losing control/order/familiarity. I can see know that it is my ego lying to me. It tells me that IT is real and that if I don't protect it chaos, panic, disoreintation and total wildness/loss of control will occur. This is only a projection of my mind, those feelings happen BECAUSE of the ego and it's grasping, rather than as result of losing it. Emotions can trick you.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Re: Trippin too hard [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3795384 - 02/17/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

looks like I need to study the meaning of ego a bit more too. Everytime one of you bring it up I start to follow you but then I get lost.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order