Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesmkingjoker
Stranger
trippin off your ass
    #1542918 - 05/12/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What is the highest you have been or most shrooms you have ever taken? Explain the experience if you want to.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: smkingjoker]
    #1542993 - 05/12/03 10:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

7g. Near ego death. Absolutely agonizing, but oh so satisfying.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1543008 - 05/12/03 10:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

10 g's

Offlinesmkingjoker
Stranger
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1543084 - 05/12/03 10:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

oh yeah what the hell does ego death mean?

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
    #1543090 - 05/12/03 10:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

haha you'll see one of these day
read the reports on this site !!!

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1543097 - 05/12/03 10:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: trippin off your ass [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1543138 - 05/12/03 11:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ego death is where you lose sense of self, when you dont know who or what you are, where you dont know of your own existence, when your are swallowed whole by the world and view from exterior unbiased truthful unforgiving eyes.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous

Re: trippin off your ass [Re: PDU]
    #1543343 - 05/13/03 12:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

9 grams of ecuador/puerto rican mix, achieved level 5 and ego death. will go into more detail later when I have the time

OfflineBitchCakes
The captain ofouter space

Loc: Sea Attole
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: Organic]
    #1543374 - 05/13/03 12:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Even though I have taken upwards of 7g before, my most powerful trip was on 4g.

Ego death and a few alternate personalities surfaced...I saw and felt so many things that should not have been possible...for what seemed like an eternity I knew I was the leader of an alien civilization that had put me on earth to lead an invasion. They even had a chant that they sent me through telepathy which I recited over and over again...when I realized who I really was I got pretty freaked out. I became several different people that night, each with their own emotions and memories. It can be pretty scary to lose all sense of yourself. I still haven't decided if the experience was worth it...

--------------------
-I'm a dork-

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: trippin off your ass [Re: BitchCakes]
    #1543384 - 05/13/03 12:22 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think terrence Mckenna must of had alot of trips like that, he sure was confident that mushrooms were alien entities.:P

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinesmkingjoker
Stranger
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: PDU]
    #1543454 - 05/13/03 12:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ego death sounds sort of scary..don't know if i want to try that

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1543558 - 05/13/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Even though i havent reached a full ego loss yet, yes, most people describe at least part of an ego loss as scary. I suppose it depends the reason your tripping..
On my 7gram trip I was plagued by a horrible thought loop regarding the futulity of life, i contorted my body in way's i didnt know possible, I was cold and could not warm up before bursting into random hot flashes, i was accompanied by a horrible horrible nausea. I considered it an absolutely fantastic trip, it was great. I really got my priorities figured out, and since i try and trip heavy alone around every 3 months so i can keep those priorities straight. By no means am i dependant upon the mushroom to set me straight, but it helps me reaffirm my value's and beliefs, and live up to them in everyday life.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1544746 - 05/13/03 12:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

>>ego death sounds sort of scary..don't know if i want to try that

It's only frightening if it's forced on you (which it will be if you take too much than you can handle).  Ego loss is an amazing experience if you are prepared for it.  Why do you think so many trippers encourage younger trippers to learn how to meditate to prepare for high level trips?  :smile:  There is a reason...not just cause it's "trippy" to meditate.  hehe

My highest shroom dose experience was 9.5 grams of Mazatapecs; solo trip at home.  It was the first time I experienced complete ego loss on shrooms (I had experienced it several times on high dose LSD trips and can reach it while meditating) and I have to say...shrooms are more "subtle" in the forced transition than LSD was.

I do have to say this though...the ego loss you can achieve in samadhi states of meditation is not the same as a forced detachment from psychedelics.  I've never been in a "fearful" state of detachment when I achieve detachment while meditating.  It's always been a peaceful transition.  9.5 grams of Mazzie's did put me into a slight "spooked" zone for about 30 minutes until I finally let go and entered ego loss on the shroom's terms.

The most important thing to remember, in my mind at least, is that when you take a psychedelic, you're putting the control into the hand of the drug.  Even though you can still control your reaction to the detachment; you have to sit it out and endure it regardless if you find it enjoyable or horrible.  With sober meditation if you have any experiences that become unpleasant, you can bring yourself out quickly and safely.  Just a difference I've experienced and thought was worth sharing.

Love & Light,

Boppity

PS - Don't let ego loss frighten you; there is no ego to be lost.  Psychedelics are great tools in aiding meditation and understanding the mind and its trappings. 

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: Boppity604]
    #1545044 - 05/13/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

~7 grams of subaeriginosa (twice as potent as cubensis). Rather scary and detached. I remember sitting in my car putting on shpongle, closing my eyes then seeing everything spatialise. When the voice started in dorset perception a face appeared in front of mine and split in two, zooming around my head until it crushed my ears on either side, resulting in a huge feeling of compression. I opened my eyes, saw that my hand was green and melting and felt that I was sitting in a spaceship. I stepped out of the car and knew I was really tripping hard.. my vision went blurry then clear, blurry then clear, I looked at the ground and saw the little pebbles and sticks move around to form Aboriginal paintings.. I went to the public toilet at the park and everything looked alive - everything was breathing. I was freaking out majorly and went and sat back in the car and a friend handed me a xanax. After taking it I visualised my brain overloading and going all white and heavy - I got so scared, death was a real possibility in my mind. I felt sick in the back of my throat. I wondered if my brain had rewired itself for impending doom.

I put on a chillout cd and started on my journey through wonderland in my mind, eyes - evil eyes everywhere, the chesire cat always watching.. WATCHING. Everything was evil, everything felt bad. Pure fear. Pure evil. This continued for something like the next two hours, the whole while images of dark and sinister things flying through my mind, kind of like the way milkdrop flies through its visualisations.. until I reached this one song "King Biscuit Time - Walk the Earth", where the guy goes "Hey, not me, pickin on on your own reality!" and well.. it felt almost comical at the time. I was like 'he's sooo right' and it really pulled me out of the bad trip. I must've played that song 10 times in a row - anyhow I was saved. :laugh:

The next day, however, I was stupid enough to trip again on like half a shroom and ended up getting mild PSTD from the experience. Be careful :smile: 

Offlinesmkingjoker
Stranger
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: Boppity604]
    #1545934 - 05/13/03 07:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

meditation sounds like something i would like to get to know how to do

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
    #1546021 - 05/13/03 07:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

forgive me for sounding like an Idiot or whatever but what is PSTD? I probably know but I'm drawing a blank right now...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: cube421]
    #1546161 - 05/13/03 08:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

maybe he meant PTSD, Post-Tramatic Stress Disorder, but I'd wait for his answer :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: Strumpling]
    #1546394 - 05/13/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

the most ive ever done was 3 grams of amazing shrooms. I achieved a level 4 trip and had extreme ego splitting. Really it was just i couldnt see or hear anything and everything was flying 3d morphing, changing patterns.. it was amazing.. and i was getting crazy mindfuck i didnt know what the hell i was. At the start of the trip a chinese buttler that didnt exist started talking to me, i was laughing so fucking hard.. it was good shit!

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: trippin off your ass [Re: Kanibus]
    #1546936 - 05/14/03 01:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yea I meant Post Trauma Stress Disorder. Basically for almost 6 months I couldn't sleep properly and was afraid of the dark. I would see evil images on the backs of my eyelids. I kept reliving the horribly scary times I had experienced on shrooms.. I had panic attacks almost 5 times a week when I tried to sleep. I didn't feel safe in my own mind. All is good now tho :smile:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: trippin off your ass [Re: _JJ_]
    #1548215 - 05/14/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

When the voice started in dorset perception a face appeared in front of mine and split in two, zooming around my head until it crushed my ears on either side, resulting in a huge feeling of compression.

Interesting....sounds like a very somatic reliving of the birth experience. This is a common element in high dose trips for me as well. The last time i ate 7 grams (cubs), one of the first sensations was that my head was very large and soft and my ears were far too small. And my head was kindof compressing around the crown.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience