Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
If someone continously does something wrong, does that mean they not meant to do it at all?
    #3784239 - 02/15/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Basically I've just been wondering about something. If a person continuously fucks up and does something wrong, should he or she take the clue that maybe they're not meant to continue doing that something...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: If someone continously does something wrong, does that mean they not meant to do it at all? [Re: MOTH]
    #3784247 - 02/15/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Guess it depends on what that something is. For example, if your friends juggles knives and keeps cutting parts of their body off then maybe they should quit, but if they fall every time they walk that doesn't necessarily mean they should stop walking. I'd like to give better advice but your post was pretty vague sorry.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: If someone continously does something wrong, does that mean they not meant to do it at all? [Re: MOTH]
    #3784250 - 02/15/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As long as it doesn't hurt others and the person is having fun fucking up, I wouldn't care about 'meant to continue' or not.

Can you give an example?  :rolleyes:

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #3784251 - 02/15/05 04:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You gotta fuck up a few times to learn anything, unless your making a bomb or something...

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3784255 - 02/15/05 04:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Depends on what it is... Sometimes, yes, it is time to stop. But generally, "if you don't at first succeed, try try again", repeat as necessary, and eventually (in theory) you will get it.

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #3784274 - 02/15/05 04:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade
said...
If a person continuously fucks up and does something wrong, should he or she take the clue

...they often won't get the clue if they keep fucking up.I've known people who had no clue that they were seriously rude and arrogant.

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: If someone continously does something wrong, does that mean they not meant to do it at all? [Re: Annom]
    #3784293 - 02/15/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
As long as it doesn't hurt others and the person is having fun fucking up, I wouldn't care about 'meant to continue' or not.

Can you give an example?  :rolleyes:

Yeah, sorry for being vague.  I think I'm actually talking about self-sabotage here.  When people purposely try to screw themselves up so that they end up failing at something to perhaps meet their own low expectations of themselves.  If they can't get past the sabtoging behavior, then are they just meant not to do what they were tryiing to do...sorry, I guess this doesn't make sense.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3784305 - 02/15/05 04:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It makes pretty good sense to me. I have a real problem with self-sabotage. I think the first step to getting over it is to heavily rewire your self-image.. and how does one do that? Change the things you do. Change your atmosphere.

:shrug:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: If someone continously does something wrong, does that mean they not meant to do it at all? [Re: lukeboots]
    #3784313 - 02/15/05 04:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am trying to figure out my path in life...the direction I need to take, but I keep fucking it up!! I sabotage myself all the time. I am starting to think I need professional help if I am ever going to "make it." I need to stop this behavior because it's ruining things.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3784328 - 02/15/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I dont listen to people when they tell me how to do it, I do it I fuck up and thats how I learn. At mine and their expence yes, but im a hands on learner

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3784342 - 02/15/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm the same place as you. I have a serious problem with fucking up finances..like, fucking myself right into the ground. I lost $4000 in three days last year with nothing to show for it. I sabotage myself all the time. It's like I want these things to happen to me subconsciously.

And I, like you, have no set path in life right now. Maybe you just need to relax and let life's path come to you.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3784390 - 02/15/05 04:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think you should get to know why you sabotage yourself all the time. That is easier said than done, but you have to know why you do something to change it.

Are you (unconscious) asking for attention by fucking up over and over again? Don't take this personal. It's not my diagnosis :smile: I'm just thinking about a common explanation.

Edit: are you a perfectionist?

Edited by Annom (02/15/05 04:30 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: If someone continously does something wrong, does that mean they not meant to do it at all? [Re: Annom]
    #3784404 - 02/15/05 04:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think I do it because it's easier to fail then to succeed at something.  It's like I'm scared of any success for myself and I keep fucking it up. 

-thanks  :heart:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3784449 - 02/15/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm going to bed. Take some time to think about it and try to stay positive  :smile: You are a wonderful person!

:heart:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3785053 - 02/15/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Try to sabotage your sabotaging behaviour.

Try hard to fail 100% without doing anything right. I'm shure you won't make it.  :tongue:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: If someone continously does something wrong, does that mean they not meant to do it at all? [Re: Sterile]
    #3785122 - 02/15/05 06:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sterile said:
Try to sabotage your sabotaging behaviour.

Try hard to fail 100% without doing anything right. I'm shure you won't make it.  :tongue:

That may be a good strategy at this point, heh.  :smile:

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3785148 - 02/15/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ha, this sounds kind of familiar. I used to fuck up all the time, and I think I was doing it on purpose cause it's easy to blame yourself for "having problems" and fucking up "isn't your fault" but it was, and that is obvious now. For some reason, after getting caught with ecstasy by my parents, I don't feel that way anymore. I study now, and I have a good time. Listening to some good techno right now, generally feeling alright. I'm prepared for my Calc II test for the first time in a year (2nd attempt at Calc II). Things just change and they don't make sense, it'll come. Just don't completely give up like my other friends did. I had some low times at college but when push came to shove I studied instead of smoking alot of pot and playing Counter-Strike.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3785345 - 02/15/05 07:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

All it means is that you fucked up a bunch before. If you really want to do it, keep trying. The worst that happens is you don't succeed, which you haven't done yet anyways.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3785539 - 02/15/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

when i was in juvi/bootcamp, they had a system wher you earned ranks, and when you finished the ranking system you got out.
So if you could go a whole month without getting an "incident report" any kind of real trouble, than you moved up a rank, moving closer to release.
Well for some reason that i never could figure out, every 28th, day or so, i would get an incident report. Basicly setting me back an entire month.
I could have gotten out in 5 months, but it took me over 8.
I think it was a coincedence, because i of course wanted to be free, and wasn't intending to get in trouble, it just kind of happened.
But my probation officer was convinced that it was a sub-contious need to self destruct... witch kind of fit my pattern at the time....

Don't sweat it to much, just keep your sights on freedom, and you'll get there some day.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1