Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3770559 -

I call it open mindedness.

Where you see trouble, others see new ideas and new methods to learn.

I do not become lost. Your security tells you to be firmly routed in a belief set. Mine does not.


Question everything or follow the sheep, the choice is yours.


The monkey that steals is low, eh? Lower than what? He survives. Survival of the fittest.

Its all a matter of perception. Lets all filter the meaning through our mindset.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: Ego Death]
    #3770580 -

If you were going to die had you not stole the car, would you steal or die?

Because I throw in the element of death you assume its more politically correct?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: Ego Death]
    #3770637 -

So danoeoboy do you make these posts in this forum so you won't be told that your arguments make no sense, or do you honestly have a health problem?


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: looner2]
    #3773415 -

U got it! :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: Ego Death]
    #3774001 -

Quote:
I call it open mindedness.

Where you see trouble, others see new ideas and new methods to learn.

I do not become lost. Your security tells you to be firmly routed in a belief set. Mine does not.




One should be open-minded,yes.However being so open minded that you are changing your views constantly leaves one without a stance or identity.Without a solid base how can you firmly debate your views?As soon as you would begin to debate another more attractive idea comes along and you change your views and have no leg to stand on.You seem to lack identity.

I am firmly rooted in my beliefs yes.However I always consider others views as possibly being valid even if they conflict mine.However I rarely change my views since my views come from overwhelming life experience and logic as well as what is good for the world at large.Therefore I have solid reasons to believe what I do and little can change that in most instances.

Quote:
Question everything or follow the sheep, the choice is yours.




You can question everything without constantly changing your views.My questioning everything has lead me here as Im sure it has led many others here.However I have a firm base of beliefs and views on which to stand.

Quote:
The monkey that steals is low, eh? Lower than what? He survives. Survival of the fittest.




He may survive for the moment but any sense of injustice or crime always brings about retribution from some portion of the general population.Also often times that monkey is driven away from the group if the behaviour is repeated.Then whom is he to steal from?


Quote:
Its all a matter of perception. Lets all filter the meaning through our mindset.




Perception doesnt change any of the facts I have presented.No matter how you look at it stealing and other crimes are counterproductive and harmful to the general population.Harm invokes the wrath of those who seek justice and right doing.If we all stole from each other how would anything get accomplished?Now look at it this way,If we all share(the opposite of stealing) much great good can be doneand accomplished.Sharing on many levels formed all our societies we have today.


--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3777569 -

The 3rd world was shared with?

How come we have all the money and power then, while they sit in disease and famine?


The wrath of doo gooders? Lol, thats still your perception. Please provide FACTUAL evidence of good and bad (Stone slab given to moses in bible does not count lol).

Doesn't eveybodies views come from "overwhelming life experience and logic". This is everybodies perception of their own life and logic!

If you don't change your views then before long you won't be able to at all. Like old men, stubborn in what ever perception of reality they believe.

Open-mindedness doesn't mean (to me) that my views have to change constantly, they simply are changed if a wieght of new evidence is produced. If one is ampley convinced of the new theory, then one applies it.

For instance, I believe I dislike olives. One day my friend makes me try his seasoned pickled olives. Now I believe I like some olives, see?

I agree that stealing is not good for society or (always) the individual. My question was: What is right or wrong?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: Ego Death]
    #3777722 -

Quote:
The 3rd world was shared with?

How come we have all the money and power then, while they sit in disease and famine?



I said sharing on many levels formed all our societies we have today.I never said all the societies shared with each other.Although the US regularly gives aid to third world countries on a very significant level.


Quote:
The wrath of doo gooders? Lol, thats still your perception. Please provide FACTUAL evidence of good and bad (Stone slab given to moses in bible does not count lol).




Good and bad is a concept and sort of philosophy.Just as most of us innately believe in some sort of higher power,most of us innately are good.I cannot prove FACT for something which doesnt operate in terms of FACTS.Proving good and bad is like proving god exists/doesnt exist or that karma exists,etc.All are philosophies based on concepts.Provide me with factual evidence good/bad doesnt exist.As for any attempt at proving it exists,forms of good and bad are recorded in every religious book and and every religious system I have ever come across from Asatru with its nine noble virtues of Courage, Truth, Honor, Fidelity, Discipline, Hospitality, Industriousness, Self-Reliance, and Perseverance,
to zoroastrianism with its idea of justice, self-reliance, compassion, charity, service, and civic virtue.Good and bad is a worldwide phenomena and the majority of the world agrees with each other mostly with a few exceptions obviously and cultural grey areas.

Quote:
Open-mindedness doesn't mean (to me) that my views have to change constantly, they simply are changed if a wieght of new evidence is produced. If one is ampley convinced of the new theory, then one applies it.

For instance, I believe I dislike olives. One day my friend makes me try his seasoned pickled olives. Now I believe I like some olives, see?

I agree that stealing is not good for society or (always) the individual. My question was: What is right or wrong?



Then we agree on our idea of being open-minded although it didnt seem like it at first.

What is good for society at large is often right/good and what is harmful to society at large is often wrong/bad.Bad things are often greedy and only concern the well being and benefit of one's self while also often being harmful to society at large where as good things benefit one's self in a non-greedy manner as well as benefiting the community at large in some way.Even if it is a very distant benefit.Laws are generally good because they keep us safe.Criminals are generally bad because they harm us in many ways.

Now some of you are going to think "Well arent there laws against drugs yet some people here use them?Doesnt that technically make them criminals?"

Yes there are laws against drugs but does a person getting high really affect anyone else?That depends.If you get high and are responsible and dont get behind the wheel of a car or anything dangerous that may hurt someone else than no its not harmful to society.However if you do get behind a wheel or something equally stupid that it is criminalistic and harmful to society.These grey areas are why good and bad isnt so clearly defined always and often times the reason why good/bad and moral/immoral are always in debate.

Quote:
Doesn't eveybodies views come from "overwhelming life experience and logic". This is everybodies perception of their own life and logic!




Sadly no.Not everyone's views come from overwhelming life experience and logic.Some people's views come out of rebellion more than anything while other's have little reason at all.Reasons vary greatly for why people believe what they do and it isnt always determined by overwhelming logic and life experience.Not to mention some people have very little life experience.


--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3780346 -

danoEoboy said:
Doesn't eveybodies views come from "overwhelming life experience and logic". This is everybodies perception of their own life and logic!




More specifically I should of said: Everybody thinks their views come from "overwhelming life experience and logic"!

I mean if you think yours does and I think mine does then probably so do most other people!  This is a big ponderer!

I see that different people have many many different aptitudes.  Many also remain hidden.  Never judge anyone to be lacking in life experience, compared to oneself. :cool:

No offense but you don't need to re-quote everything.  Minimalism please! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rulers are power craving peices of shit. [Re: Ego Death]
    #3780435 -

Quote:
No offense but you don't need to re-quote everything. Minimalism please!



No offense taken.Personally, I find quoting things helps me to address a response in a clear,concise and direct manner as well as it being easier to read.It also helpsme to address each point specifically and thoroughly.


--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hell & Back - Life shot to shit and I need help bad Adden 2,491 14 08/06/03 07:24 PM
by neutralizer
* i cant stand this life anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZippoZM 2,561 16 10/02/03 03:24 AM
by flatline
* I am tired of this fucking shit! PantherionShroom 1,400 6 08/23/03 01:07 AM
by mycophage
* Some fucked up shit just went down. resin 2,683 15 08/14/03 05:31 AM
by Skikid16
* shit i gotta quit
( 1 2 all )
rommstein2001 3,345 21 07/27/18 04:57 AM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Green shit? daba 5,061 11 05/24/03 11:50 AM
by BlowMiNose
* Why do people say such mean shit? LeViTY 1,641 8 05/22/03 05:10 PM
by TrAnCyNuGz
* shitting alot Galvie_Flu 2,951 9 01/28/04 02:30 AM
by Wiener

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
3,636 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.