Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineryan0000
Stranger
Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP
    #3757722 - 02/09/05 07:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What I am asking for on this forum is any advice/information reguarding having a good trip with mushrooms. I've read many of the faq's and posts, to see if this info was already posted, but I havent found anything specifically addressing this.

Basically, I've taken mushrooms twice, both small dosages ( 1 to 1 1/2 grams) each time. The first time was in an enviroment where the majority of the people at my friends house were not taking mushrooms, just smoking herb and drinking. These were all my friends I was with and it was definately a comfortable enviroment. I started to feel the effects and became really alarmed and paniced. I had done ecstacy before, so while the two are not alike, I had experienced being out of my element before, but this feeling was one of complete paranoia. I was able to come out momentarily of this panic and had some good laughs and funny thoughts on them , but I was definately glued to the couch for the majority of the time freaking out, asking for my girlfriend who was not there or tripping to come over, thinkikng it would chill me out. When she got there I felt I needed her to leave in order to cheer me out. I had the same thoughts in my head over and over and when I finally was coming down off them I was releaved and reguarded the experience as a bad one. I was around 18 at the time.

The second time I gave it a shot was with 5 good friends, two of whom I think of as being very much like myself. When these started to kick in, I started to have weird visuals outside on the balcany of the apartment we were at, and my stomach was stiring pretty bad. I had increidlbly strange thoughts running through my head like loop thinking I could not get out of. In the beggining I had conversations that seemed to last for hours and to look at the clock to see only a couple minutes had gone by, and I thought it was nuts...it wasnt necessarily a bad thought, until I got the idea in my head that this would seem like it was going to last for ever. I was still maintaining a little bit, but then one of my friends there started to freak out pretty bad. He was smashing lamps and calling people stupid, and standing on tables and tryin to throw his monitor out of the window. This all seemed like it came from nowhere, and of course sent the rest of us into shock. Very uncomfortable, and about the last thing I needed when tryin to give it a second shot. The whole entire time the 1 thought that I literally thought 1000000 times over and over was 'Why did I do this to myself again???'. We finally left there, and drove back to another enviroment similar to the first time i tripped, and as I came down I eventually became ok.

Now on to the point of all of this.... I want to be able to enjoy mushrooms. I have researched them and discussed them a lot with friends, and really want to get the things I hear about that people get out of them. Also, I'm very interested in DMT, which is very closely related to shrooms, and I of course would not want to do that intense of a drug, without being comfortable with shrooms. I feel as though I might have ruined the possibilities of having a good experience on them again because of my bad experiences being the only thing that I know, and when I feel the effects of mushrooms again, I will associate it with those felt on those 2 very bad times. I really do want to be able to enjoy mushrooms, and explore different types of consciousness, but I really don't want to put myself through another bad trip, for as im sure all who have had one know, when you are having a bad trip on shrooms it seems like a neverending nightmare.

So any suggestions or similar experiences from others who have been able to reshape their experiences on mushrooms would be extremely helpful. Ive considered doing them alone with my girlfriend there while listening to good music and so forth, but this could turn out to be a disaster if I'm wrong , so ANY suggestions or information I could get would be helpful. I've heard some say to take motion sickness pills before hand to curb the effects on the stomach, and some say (a faq i read wouldnt agree) that having a couple drinks before/during might help ease into it, but I dont really like the idea of fogging up the experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: ryan0000]
    #3757752 - 02/09/05 07:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The best thing for you to do is pick out 1 good friend and do a light dose like 1 1/2 to 2 grams. Listen to some good chilled oout music. and make sure no one comes over to freak yall out or anything. Just lay back and listen to the music.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: ryan0000]
    #3757768 - 02/09/05 07:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe they are not for you. Perhaps you can try trip with 1 other close friend, on about 2 grams. try going outside, dont eat to reduce nausea and make sure nothing bad is going on in your life before taking them.

--------------------

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3758010 - 02/09/05 08:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

How can you be alone and with your girlfriend at the same time?

Ditch the bitch and fly solo.

I trip alone, and have only ever tripped with other people twice. Both times I didn't like it in the least.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3758018 - 02/09/05 08:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

1) Don't take mushrooms with really fucking stupid people like you were doing, I'd suggest taking them alone, that way you can control everything that is happening.

2) Read about what to do IF you get into a bad situation again, such as changing the setting, music etc. If you start getting bad thoughts, put on some Pink Floyd (make sure it isn't one of the albums with all the scary insane noises happening... put on something like Dark Side of the Moon) or Bob Marley, happy up beat music.

3) If something bad does start to happen, TELL YOURSELF EVERYTHING WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL. No matter how many thought loops you get stuck in, whatever situation you are in, just remember to tell yourself you'll go right back to normal.

4) Be able to just accept and go with whatever is happening to you. If you can do this, almost nothing bad will happen to you. Seeing insane things? Mind is going to an unimaginable place? Body disappears? Can't feel anything at all? Just accept it and let it happen, don't start freaking out.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #3758125 - 02/09/05 09:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pinkfloydms said:
The best thing for you to do is pick out 1 good friend and do a light dose like 1 1/2 to 2 grams. Listen to some good chilled oout music. and make sure no one comes over to freak yall out or anything. Just lay back and listen to the music.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: djd586]
    #3758151 - 02/09/05 09:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quit all that thinking. It will only get you in trouble.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: BloodNOil]
    #3758156 - 02/09/05 09:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

trip alone. mushrooms are not a party or social drug in my experience, and dont mix well with others when you start having a bad trip and they are too incoherent to care/help.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineNextKind
Cannabinoid

Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3758277 - 02/09/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think the key is really in the environment.  My first time I tripped, I ate ~5 grams and tripped pretty hard, saw alot of patters and colors and objects moving and swirling... I was with one friend and listened to Dark Side of the Moon about 6 times ( We sat in a sunroom looking out at the wilderness/woods for the entire time..). I dont think you need to worry about your dosage as much as where you are doing it. Definately do it where you feel safe; don't ruin it by doing it at a bad time and make yourself scared again  :sun:

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: djd586]
    #3758591 - 02/09/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
Quote:

pinkfloydms said:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You most definately can have a good trip.
Just be ppositive about it.

Remember to go with the flow, and when you're tripping and things start to get hairy again, just REMEMBER that you will come down, you are on magic mushrooms, and you are not doomed to bug-out.  Any darkness you're experiencing in your head is simply your misunderstanding of the trip.  Just look for the light.

Aslong as you choose a good setting with some good friends that can control themselves you should be juuuuust fine.

Don't give up just yet, you WILL have a good trip. :laugh:  :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3759101 - 02/10/05 12:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For one thing, trip with your closest buddies... 3 people max. I've heard a little pepto bismol can handle the gut rot. Don't trip if you're nervous or afraid.

And most importantly, remember that nothing bad will happen to you. In a few hours, the shrooms will wear off, and you'll be normal again. The best trips happen when you welcome the trip with open arms...

Good luck man! :mushroom2: :tongue2:

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlineryan0000
Stranger
    #3759204 - 02/10/05 12:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you all for you're suggestions, I'm surprised how many I got in only a few hours. I'll make sure to have the enviroment just right this time with great music (for me some portishead..massive attack..or Marley).. and either tightly control who'll be there, or might try it by myself. I've always thought a lot of the paranoia would go away if I was by myself and could just experience it, but I might enjoy talking to close friends too.

All the advice about telling myself that it's going to be o.k., and its just the drugs and everything seems completely logical....now that is. But I tried to do that last time and the state of mind I was in simply unrationally didnt allow me to think in terms like that. But one thing I will definately do is not do it if I'm worried about it/nervous/scared, because I can see how that would easily lead to another bad trip. My biggest problem is letting go of 'control'. Even when on ecstacy (sorry to keep usin that as an example) I feel as though I have control, so....

Thank you for all you're suggestions any more are always welcome as I want to be prepared properly to appriciate it this time and if anyone has any further suggestions for how many I can try not to control it, and just give up and enjoy it WHILE in that state of mind i.e. notes to myself(might sound dumb) or thinngs of that sort, that woulda be extremely benificial. I'm looking at this being a stepping stone in a way (after I've learned to fully enjoy it) before ultimately trying DMT, which I am fascinated with. ...thanks again

Offlineorichalc
Stranger

#3760327 - 02/10/05 05:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

good luck man.

Offlineryan0000
Stranger
Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: orichalc]
    #3763075 - 02/10/05 07:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'll need it =D

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3763651 - 02/10/05 08:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

One thing that can make shure you 're gonna have a good trip, is dance to some cool dance music.

When i feel my trip is getn out of control (no matter what substance) i dance, and regain control.

Dance is active meditation, and very easy to do.Helps you direct the trips energy towards positive actions and kills thought.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (02/10/05 08:44 PM)

Offlineryan0000
Stranger
Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: Sterile]
    #3764854 - 02/11/05 02:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

not much of a dancer but i'll consider that =d

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3764871 - 02/11/05 02:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

best trips imo is with a best mate only. 2ppl.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Is there anyway now, to have a good trip?? Any Advice is welcome PLZ HELP [Re: JaRRn]
    #3765335 - 02/11/05 04:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah my kat say either with one other good friend, never at a party or just
4 people works fine, but make sure it is 2 girls and 2 guys to counterbalance the effects of both genders. The best by far is tripping your ass off solo thou, my kat reports on all these tripps he has had, lucky little basterd.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3765589 - 02/11/05 07:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

When you eat shrooms, you enter the dance state of mind anyway, just mooove to the sound, and don't follow the beat!! YOU ARE THE BEAT :cool:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlineryan0000
Stranger
    #3768033 - 02/11/05 08:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I think I could be one of those people who enjoy it most by themselves, but I also think with my prior experiences that that might not be the best idea, just incase. But sometimes even with great pot, I get so paranoid stoned around others that I sometimes enjoy it better when I'm not worried about social situations, so goin by that it might follow that I'd really enjoy doing it alone and listening to music etc....dunno.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience