Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Camellia sinensis - Theobromine UPDATE 2/6
    #3715972 - 02/01/05 09:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The chemical in chocolate thats poisonous to dogs. Also a chemical found in Green Tea.

What is green tea and how is it different?
There are three main varieties of tea -- green, black, and oolong. Green, black, and oolong tea are all derived from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The difference between the teas is in their processing. Green tea is prepared from unfermented leaves, the leaves of oolong tea are partially fermented, and black tea is fully fermented. The more the leaves are fermented, the lower the polyphenol content and the higher the caffeine content. Green tea is made from unfermented leaves and is reputed to contain the highest concentration of polyphenols, chemicals that act as powerful antioxidants. Black tea has roughly two to three times the caffeine content of green tea.

Polyphenols contained in teas are classified as catechins. Green tea contains six primary catechin compounds: catechin, gallaogatechin, epicatechin, epigallocatechin, epicatechin gallate, and apigallocatechin gallate (also known as EGCG). EGCG is considered to be the most active component in green tea and is the best researched of all the green tea polyphenols. Green tea also contains alkaloids including caffeine, theobromine, and theophylline. These alkaloids provide green tea's stimulant effects.

Green tea contains roughly 30% to 40% polyphenols while black tea contains only 3% to 10% polyphenols. Green and black teas are the same plant processed in a different way. This difference in processing results in more of the polyphenols being destroyed in the black teas. Green teas therefore seem to have more of the beneficial effects mentioned, but black teas still retain some of the benefits

Taken from http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/greentea.html

So coming to the conclusion that Green Tea has active alkaloids in it such as Theobromine and Theophylline.

Link to a post I made. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Garden&Number=3646834

There was many contraindictions to if there were any noticeable effects from theobromine and theophylline, today im here to prove my experiences.

Experiment.
I added 16 grams(1.6 grams a bag, 10 bags) of fresh Green Tea which I just bought at a local health food store, into a 1/2 pint canning jar, and filled it 3/4 the way with 91% iso-propyl. I proceeded to heavily aggitate the liquid for about 5 minutes, and then let sit overnight, where in the morning it was heavily aggitated again for a good 5 minutes, then left to sit till that evening where it was placed in 2 petri-dishes to evap. By the following morning it was still liquidy so I decided to give it another 24 hours. After 24 had passed I scaped up the resinous dark green goop from the petri dishes, and proceeded to consume 1/10 of the final product.

Effects did not kick in for a solid 15 minutes, where I then had a sudden rush of energy, and the biggest smile went across my face. I once again felt extremely expressful and rejuvinated. I headed to class and had a beautiful day, I especially enjoyed my culinary class.

I felt a very euphoric high during the first 20 minutes, and then it mellowed out to a steady buzz of energy and feelings of happyness.

No negative effects were reported for this day, but during other experiments including smoking the extract with tobacco out of a water pipe resulted in mild nausea which was soon cured by my friend mary who glistened my water pipe bowl with beautiful amber skunk trichomes.

Mary seemed to cure any noticeable negative effects produced by theobromine and theophylline.

End of Experiment.

Medical Contraindictions taken from different articles state that excessive use of theophylline maybe be hazardous to fertility, and excessive use of theobromine caused testicular atrophy in lab rats, which is shrinkage of the balls for all you stoners.

Comments? Questions?

Edited by ShroomieOfDoomie (02/06/05 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3716313 - 02/01/05 10:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'de also like to add that a study was taken, and that in 1980, the average amount of theobromine that was ingested per person, per day, was 39mg. Being as theobromine is an active alkaloid, it would effect your state of conciousness. How do you think this is effecting us as far as our actions and our lives?

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #3716385 - 02/01/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup: Great experiment! This is kinda like a "tea bong" or "tea funnel". Or even "parachuting".  Very quick consumption of a single dose, tea instead of beer. Of course, that analogy extends to everindulgence. I'd bet that if you took 1/2 of the 10-bag extract you wouldn't be having such a good time. Anyway, thanks for posting and keep up the experiments. :smile: Peace!

Oh and did the alcohol also extract the caffeine? Cuz that was probably in more abundance than the theobromine and would be resonsible for many the effects.

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3716419 - 02/01/05 10:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am aware that caffeine is accounting for a large amount of the experience, but being as I have experienced large amounts of caffeine, that this was far beyond the powers of that alkaloid. Theobromine and Theophylline were showing quite apparent effects, shedding down a positive attitude.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3716428 - 02/01/05 10:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not to mention a kind of euphoria ive never felt, kind of like a salvia trip coming on, but without that restraint feeling, just a mild tingly buzz around the edges of my body.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
    #3718511 - 02/02/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

is it worth doing again?

anyways, have you thought about trying cocoa tea? making some potent coke tea, now that would be really interesting.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: JCoke]
    #3718750 - 02/02/05 11:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would do it again, and plan to tomorrow.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #3718986 - 02/02/05 12:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Cool, please post your experience back in this thread. Peace!

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3719001 - 02/02/05 12:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the "caffeine alkaloids" (actually xanthines with multiple methyl group additions) are a group of related chemicals...
caffeine
theophylline
theobromine
guaranine
(a trimethyl, two dimethyl, & one tetramethylxanthine)

there are other chmicals in coffee beans, kola nuts, tea leaves, mate leaves, cocoa beans, & the other "caffeine beverages" --- essential oils, other amino acid & alkaoids factors, strange opiate & sedative & euphoriant fractions, etc...

yaddayadda/gnrmi

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #3719017 - 02/02/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:

cocoa tea?
coke tea

cocoa & coca are from two entirely different plants, mmmmkay?

damn, it's way past time for a li'l chaw of cocaleaf...

--------------------
not old enough to care

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: gnrm23]
    #3719184 - 02/02/05 01:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

gnrm23 - thanks for that lovely addition to my lecture and experiment on green tea. As far as opiate effects, I would have to disagree. The effects of theobromine and theophylline are far more stimulating in recreational doses, and only somewhat sedative in smaller doses.

I too confused cocoa and coca once upon a time. It's no biggie, just study more before you look like a foolio.

I will post my experience tomorrow, I feel tomorrow is going to be a Green Tea Hash day. I have decided im going to mix kief with the resin until its a solid. This should be interesting.

I was also planning on making some herbal high enhancers that could be powdered or made into resin and added to your bowl of goodies for an extra-good time, maybe sell these as a vendor on the shroomery. I have been researching alot of cousin-chemicals to tetrahydrocannabinol, which are legal and more easily accessable. I will post more threads of this and the Green Tea experiments as time does progress.

SoD

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
    #3719891 - 02/02/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
Quote:

JCoke said:

cocoa tea?
coke tea

cocoa & coca are from two entirely different plants, mmmmkay?

damn, it's way past time for a li'l chaw of cocaleaf...

http://www.peruconnections.com/inkatea/faq.html

"This is a very important question. The two substances are extremely different.Cocaine requires processing and contains nearly 99% of cocaine (the name of the active alkaloid). Coca is non-processed and contains 0.4% of this alkaloid."

my bad, you think you can try coca tea and get pure cocaine?

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (02/02/05 04:05 PM)

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #3723019 - 02/03/05 01:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how does fermentign make the tea have more caffiene?? seems it would lessin the content.

thanks

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: the man]
    #3723944 - 02/03/05 08:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sedative/opiate/yadda

well, the "opiate" effect is alleged to be from some very minor constituents of coffee beans (& NOT from the caffeine, to be sure...)

& the "sedative" effect from tea is not from the theophylline, but from some sort of amino acid derivative called "L-theaine" (sp?)

& the calming effect from a nice cuppa cocoa (hot shokolade, nyet?) is prolly from the amino acid tryptophane (from the milk, ok?), although cocoa beans do have a very intersting collection of oddbal chemicals in 'em ---(phenylalaine? anandamide? & wha?) (& jonathan ott wrote an excellent (& very informative & funny!) little book on being "a chocholate addict" :wink: ...)

~

& as for the coca tea, whaddya mean "pure cocaine" - why bother extracting to coca paste or purifying to pharmaceutical grade cocaine hydrochloride, when just chewing a few grams of leaf gives one a wonderful lift for a couple hours (& is prolly so much more healthful than snorting, smoking, or shooting up some white powder, no?)

but i'm sure that you could do an extraction - the methods are out there (i'm sure you could find the method "flowchart" online somewhere 9ummmm, utfse? or sumfin)...
lessee, buncha leaves, some kerosene, some lye, maybe some muriatic acid, some water, & a barefoot kid to wade through the mess in a bathtub...

naaaah, just chew the leaves...

but talk of coca is a bit off-topics

--------------------
not old enough to care

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3724339 - 02/03/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"barefoot kid to wade through the mess in a bathtub..."
:lol:

Anyways...I took 1/2 of the original amount (5 tea bags worth), I feel fine but really hyper, maybe a little too hyper for my usual self. I definately have an uplifted attitude, I feel great and motivational. And the body high is alot more intense. I dont think anymore than 5 tea bags worth is needed, this is going to be maxed point, I wont ingest any larger than this.

This about concludes my experiment, I would rather not find the overdose level.

SoD

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3729555 - 02/04/05 09:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you really want to know about chocolate then read the difinitive work on the subject matter by the leading expert in the field of chocolate and other entheogenic plants.

The Cacahuatl Eater: Ruminations of an Unabashed Chocolate Addict
by Ott, Jonathan,

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (02/04/05 10:18 AM)

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3729645 - 02/04/05 09:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Green tea has made me puke the 4 times I've tried it. I feel no real nausea, but about half an hour after drinking it I invariably puke. Weird.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: deafpanda]
    #3740844 - 02/06/05 01:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well last night I smoked a higher amount than usual without testing exactly the weight or %, but it was alot. I smoked some on top of a bowl of skunk, then smoked some again later on a bowl of some skunk, after about an hour had passed i started to fizzy dizzy, and slowly entered a kind of dream-like state as with mushrooms. When i closed my eyes it was kinda like they were still open, or i was picturing what the world was like with my eyes open. I had green dots appearing all over my walls and shadows on the wall were stretching and moving, color enhancements were amazingly bright, so bright that it actualy hurt my eyes looking at a few objects, as they were intense and bright. I finaly fell asleep and had a very vivid and intensely visualistic dream! It was amazing, everyone should try making some extractions with green tea and putting it over your good stuff... It bubbles when its cooked and makes your bowl taste like tea... I decided this morning to add a little opiates and kief to the extraction, I think ill call it Black Tea Bubble Hash, im gonna try it in a few hours when the game starts.

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

#3745871 - 02/07/05 02:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What about white tea? White tea is also camellia sinensis, but contains higher levels of xanthines and all chemicals than green or black tea. White tea is the first cutting of the sinensis plant and undergos the most simple drying process. If green tea is giving you effects, white tea will surely give you more.

--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Camellia sinensis - Theobromine [Re: rockstafarian]
    #3747458 - 02/07/05 08:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am currently looking into this.

Yesterday I popped 2 large cyanescens caps and smoked some of this hash, I don't think ive ever had such an intense body high except the time I ate a fresh ounce of cyans.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals