Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Headed to the PNW... but where? *DELETED*
    #3723665 - 02/03/05 06:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by wietstocker

Reason for deletion: low down

--------------------
Echoes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: wietstocker]
    #3723808 - 02/03/05 07:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think you should go to BC, smoke buds a lot better than the East Coast shit that we're subject to unless we know a grower, eat a lot of acid, and mingle with some Canoodians.

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: Adden]
    #3724315 - 02/03/05 11:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if your going to washington, anything within like 50 miles of seattle will allow you to do just about any outside sport you want (besides like stuf that involves the ocean) plus still be close to the city if you want to go there.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: guri]
    #3724380 - 02/03/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The place you describe is the city of Eugene in Oregon.
1 hour from skiing, 45 minutes to the Pacific Ocean, not so-urbanized of an area, many special forested areas.
Several colleges in area.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: California]
    #3724393 - 02/03/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

eugene owns.. ive been there several times.. and i never want to leave when i get there :rasta:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3724428 - 02/03/05 11:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Eugene is cool cause it's beautiful and not *too* big.

I personally loooove Seattle, all the advantages of city life, but drive a 30 hour in every direction and you're hitting ocean, rainforest, mountains (skiing, backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering/glacier climbing), volcanoes... I mean it's just so ideal.

If you're looking for those things but not the city life, try Bellingham, WA. It's about an hour south of the Canadian border, so that's cool that it's close to Vancouver BC (a fucking awesome city) but it's a small, very laid back community close to the mountains, the sound, and Mt Baker (which set the guiness book of world record in 1999 for most snowfall in one year!!)

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3724448 - 02/03/05 11:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

whidbey island is nice too , if you dont mind the ferrey trips every day. they may have added a bridge by nopw. i dont know.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: greenpastures]
    #3724490 - 02/03/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No bridge to Whidbey Island yet.
Whidbey Island is very cool it has a small population of albino deer, secluded beaches, not as crowded as the mainland.
The wait for the ferry can be trying very often.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? *DELETED* [Re: wietstocker]
    #3724581 - 02/03/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Hendostan

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #3726795 - 02/03/05 07:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

baker rocks, untill you come to the price of seasons pass, then they rape you.

but yeah pretty much anything west of the cascades is a pretty awsome place to live. but once you go east you have a lot of badlands and wheat fields with a few colleges and truck stops.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3727674 - 02/03/05 10:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my mom lived in missoula during her hippie days in her 20's. I keep meaning to make it out there, I've heard great things!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3727871 - 02/03/05 10:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i cant speak for the us places, but everytime i have been to them (WA/oregon) they have been GREAT!

2 places in bc i will describe.

vancouvber and surroud.  UBC is teh university, as well as simon fraser and probably a couple small ones i dunno about.  whistler is abotu 2 hours north, and a few otehr large skii resorts a little further away.  you got ocean pretty close (polluted sickly city ocean....), lots of rainforest/temperate forest.  city type parks a well.  squamish is famous for its excedllent rock climbing. 

now the one im more familiar with is on vancouver island (across the water from vancouver).  university is UVIC (univ. of victoria)  which by the way has a ratio of like 3:1 girls:guys or somthing liek that :wink:  got skii mountains further up island 2-3 hour drive.  mt washington being one.  mt cain being the other.  mt cain is very private and run by volounteers.  really is an undiscovered gem, if thats your bag.  words dont describe teh wilderness here.  worlds tallest tree is here, at 90 somthing meters (jsut above 300 feet).  lots of REALLY BIG trees.  expecially spruce, cedar, fir.  one cedar, forget name, is 60 somthing feet diameter or somthing liek that...its late.

anyway we got lots of surfing, wind surfing....lake wind surfing (look up nitinat lake), hiking, hundreds of caves (island is mainly limestone).  the double sided blade is logging.  we got TONS of roads to get closer to *magical* forests unfortunatly bc has a lot more greedy hicks than the stereotype suggests.

here are a couple pictures i ahve taken in the last year of a few places here.  unfortunatly i havnt had access to a camera on almost every trip i have made...but i got one now.  all those places are right by roads, so they dont begin to touch the true beauty of this place.  i can send better/full size images of stuff via e-mail/chat programs if you want.  or if you have any specific questions jsut shoot.

canada or states, pnw is the palce to be....jsut dont setup camp too long :wink:  too many people putting houses where them trees used to be!

http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/hiking/

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3728301 - 02/03/05 11:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Seattle sucks. It's like a giant ant farm designed to completely contain millions of people. It's in a nice location, though.

Bellingham is quite a bit better, but its hard to get a job. There are many cool places to hang out. (Go eat mushrooms on Lake Padden during the summer). However, many areas of town are like any other McCollege city.

Vancouver is like Bellingham as far as having mostly cool people, except that Vancouver is in a country not run by republican religous looneys. It'd be worth the extra work to go there.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: tomk]
    #3732482 - 02/04/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hhe ya i hate seattle highways. never actually stayed in teh city. ive stayed in bellingham, nice place there.

Quote:

Vancouver is like Bellingham as far as having mostly cool people, except that Vancouver is in a country not run by republican religous looneys. It'd be worth the extra work to go there.

dotn know if i agree with that....jsut teh lesser of 2 evils. canadian gov lieks to steal from its own poeple while still tryign to save face. our gov also doesnt seem to give a shat about teh environment in my opinion. so all tehse nice places are becoming suburban hells faster than one may think. in this area at least (vancouber/island)

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3779520 - 02/14/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

wow, Kadakuda

THANKS for the super good info. Vancouver Island did seem like the better of the Vancouvers from what I've read. Trees and forests are what I want most. Untouched forests where you can't hear the rumble of man. Is this possible in the PNW? Time's running out to make plans with Simon Fraser or Victoria, but Bellingham isn't too far from the border and the climate and environment seems like it is comparable. If I make it out there at the end of the summer and into the fall, we should meet up and pack some gear out into the woods for a few nights, as you sound like a level-headed dude with RESPECT for the trees. A rarity aroudn here...

--------------------
Echoes

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3779534 - 02/14/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how cold does that area get?

Offlinexxsoultonesxx
fuc

Re: Headed to the PNW... but where? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3781967 - 02/15/05 01:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i live in portland now...its pretty nice, its like a little big city, an hour and a half from the ocean, and an hour and a half from mt hood. i love it

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #3782175 - 02/15/05 03:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wietstocker said:
I would like mountains for hiking/exploring/relaxing, and also accessibility to ski areas in the winter. I would prefer a not-so urbanized area if possible, but as long as it has close proximity to some truly special forested areas, I should be all set. So what do you think?

This is the Pacific NW man, anywhere west of the cascades is what you are describing.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineXionide
Stranger

Loc: washington
    #3782207 - 02/15/05 03:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I agree.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract