Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
vancouver?
    #4383006 - 07/08/05 07:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so, i found out today (about 1h ago, actually!) that instead of moving to copenhagen next month for university, i'll instead move to vancouver, british columbia. long freaking story involving a lot of beaurocracy and bullshit, but the end result is quite simple - canada here i come!

so is vancouver a nice city? have i made a good choice? i'm a bit worried - i've got a ton of friends in copenhagen, but don't know anybody in vancouver - it'll be a bit strange to move to a city without knowing anybody there... but i figure i'm a sociable enough guy, so it shouldn't be too difficult. anyhow, i guess i'll go back to michigan in august for a few weeks, to visit my family and gather some shit together, and then head to vancouver the 1st of september.

:rasta:

oh, and how far is vancouver from whistler/black comb? i've always dreamed of snowboarding there!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: vancouver? [Re: Krishna]
    #4384928 - 07/08/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, you'll have no problem making friends in Canada. Walk down the street or waterfront, sit near any human being and strike up a conversation. Guaranteed if you talk to a enough people in one day, you'll meet a life long friend.

I haven't driven to whistler in a while, but I think it's a couple hours to get there? My gf's older sister worked there for a while in some pro snowboarder's place. It was insane. All the tips, parties, and good drugs. She brought home some awesome weed and ecstacy.

Hope things work out. And don't forget to visit the cafes! Maybe you'll meet Marc Emery. He's a crook when it comes to selling cannabis seeds, but he's a great guy. :smirk:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: vancouver? [Re: browndustin]
    #4384934 - 07/08/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm envious.....

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4384954 - 07/08/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you ever decide to take the ferry to Vancouver Island to check out Victoria give me a shout. :thumbup:

But yeah Vancouver is pretty cool.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: vancouver? [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4384958 - 07/08/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

To get to Whistler I would say takes about 2 or 3 hours. I would definitely say as long as you're social you'll have no problems finding friends, especially if you just go hang out at some pot cafes. It's really a nice city although I'm biased, I've never heard anybody say otherwise, of course it has it's ugly spots but the beautiful spots more than make up for it. Enjoy your stay Krishna!

--------------------
]

Offlinemanbeef
psychedelicfarmer

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Vancouver, BC
    #4384960 - 07/08/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Vancouver's a cool city.

Whistler's only about 1.5-2 hours away too  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4384971 - 07/08/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Krishna, I'm happy your heading this way, although its far away still from ontario. I went to an Alberta/British Colombia trip through the national parks and ended up in vancouver, heading to vancouver island and then finishing the trip. It was quite beutiful, the west coast is indeed awesome. So much to see. After all the beauty in the national parks and hiking and such, Vancouver did not impress me too much. But it is a big city afterall and with all the days in nature, entering a city like that was hard. Dont get me wrong, it is really beautiful. Stanley Park is awesome, the english bay seems very nice although I did not have much of a chance to swim in the ocean.

The people are laid back, more open, you can see and smell pot all over the city. One thing I noticed were a lot of homeless people and druggies on the strees (even though toronto has a lot also, it seemed even more).

Well I would say the best thing about your move is that you will be so close to all the beauty. If I were you I'd travel all over the B.C/Alberta area a lot. I'll make a post about the trip and add some pix so check that out also.

Peace  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: vancouver? [Re: BanJankri]
    #4385008 - 07/08/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ya we definitely have a homeless problem, when I first bussed into the city I was disappointed, it was a lot less beautiful and more run down than I expected, especially on the east side. Once I checked out pot street, stanley park, and the aquarium it got kind of boring. In Vancouver there's a lot of things to buy but not that many things to do except smoke pot. But that's just the city, a short way away is the great outdoors and tons of stuff to do! I think that's why people like this area. I wouldn't suggest living right in the city.

--------------------
]

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: vancouver? [Re: Wysefool]
    #4385349 - 07/08/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I live in Vancouver, and its one of the best cities on earth.

Good cannabis, fair prices, beautifull girls, and NATURE, awsome food, and Culture, trees , mountains , MUSHROOMS!

WE kick the rest of Canadas ass in the mushroom deparment.

Vancouver, a cozy home. ........... (but the rental price can be a bitch, Ouch)

Still its great here.

--------------------

Offlinerolbz
lover

Loc: Flag
Re: vancouver? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #4385618 - 07/08/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

good mushrooms huh? im moving to orlando with my band after a year or two.....and then i should be moving to canada...how are the laws for growing? like lets say i grow 3 or 4 plants..just for myself..what are the chances of getting caught and how bad is it? same with growing mushrooms..with no intent to sell at all? haha i just gang raped this shit with questions.

--------------------
persistent existence flows fluid without resistance

Offlinech3ch2oh
Learner
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: vancouver? [Re: rolbz]
    #16791984 - 09/05/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Can anyone give me an update on Vancouver. Is hard to get a job for few months? Rents?

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: vancouver? [Re: ch3ch2oh]
    #16792057 - 09/05/12 11:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:oldthread:

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order