Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
A call for your help
    #3707231 - 01/31/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hello all, its been quite a while since I've said hello to the community, so hello. I have checked the boards daily, but have been quite submersed in my work lately. Now I need your help my friends...

I am currently working on my senior show for art school. As many of you may know I'm a slave to my paintbrushes and its time again for me to immerse myself in my work. After much deliberation I've decided on a direction for my show.

skip to the bottom if you wish, the important bit is at the bottom.

Once again I will be focusing on portraiture in oils. Of course I will be using my hallmark vivid color schemes. I am trying to combat the traditional view of portraiture as a somewhat low art form. Historically portrait painters were nowhere near as popular as painters that took on great historical or religious works. I am trying to redefine the way portraiture is looked at in the art world.

This means several things. First I take away the model all together. I solely work from photographs, this way I separate myself from the subject all together. Next I use computer aid to manipulate lighting and color, giving myself a solid core to start from, as well as adding an element of mixed media (which will manifest itself more greatly with time).

Now I want to take it a step further and this is where your help comes in. I have been painting friends and people I've photographed over the years, but I've always had some first hand contact with them. This is what I want to change. I want to completely separate myself from the people I paint.

My current idea revolves around the ideas of people in forums like ours here at the Shroomery. We spend so much time talking to, usually, nameless faceless people. So my virtual friends I need your mug shots. I am looking for fairly high resolution shots of faces, I don't need bodies, but I can get rid of them myself if need be. The bigger the better, cause I can get much more detail in from hi res pics, but whatever you got will do. I need normal faces, crazy faces, sad, happy, and vulgar faces. Old, young, all faces. All information about you is unnecessary, except your screen name, as that will be the title of the works.

I will be posting paintings up as I complete them so you all will have a chance to see what your involved in. I am really looking forward to this project and I think it may even get me into the gallery world, which would be my dream come true.

Send lots of pics of yourself to
virtualstranger@comcast.net

If you have any questions or concerns about my project you may send me an email to this same address

If a mod would like to sticky this, it would be sweet, as this is an ongoing project. Thank you guys and i hope to see you all on my canvass soon. Oh yeah, TODCASIL I better get some from you, ya big ham :smile:

The link in my signature shows some examples of my works and should give you some idea of what the finished works will look like :thumbup:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
Re: A call for your help [Re: beejay]
    #3707240 - 01/31/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wish I had a few pics to send.

Haven't crossed your path in a while. Glad to hear you're doing well. Good luck with your project!

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: A call for your help [Re: MeatSpace]
    #3707254 - 01/31/05 11:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wazup Meatspace! Yeah I've been mostly lurking lately. You can always take some photos in the near future, my project will be running for quite a while. My show goes up next fall, but I gonna be painting my ass off. Im trying to get at least twenty of these suckers done by then, hopefully a lot more. Depends on what kind of response I get. Hope it goes well.

Those pictures of your bro are awesome, if you got some more like that, they would be good candidates :wink:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3707292 - 01/31/05 11:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey man, good to see you :laugh: i'll be sending you some photos, feel free to mutilate me all you want. peace bro

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: A call for your help [Re: Hendostan]
    #3707308 - 01/31/05 11:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

mwahahaha Dr. Beejay at your service. Thanks Hendo you rock brother. Good to see you too man.

To everyone else...
if your not going to send pictures, please respond to this thread as to why your not sending pics. That way I can change my methods and try to get everyone on board. Thanks

Oh yeah and tell your friends, anyone on other boards, tell the world. Please blow my email box up with pictures. It will help sooooo much.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Anonymous

#3707313 - 01/31/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I can probably get a high resolution pic of my face for you within a week, as long as the painting would be all that is displayed publically. Sounds like a cool project

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3707326 - 01/31/05 11:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

havent seen you in a while

I will do as you requested and send you pictures of my head, as soon as I can borrow my friend's camera

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: A call for your help [Re: Organic]
    #3707333 - 01/31/05 11:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks organic, that would be great!

yeah Im only putting up paintings and screen names up. There will be no info on where I got the images other than they are from internet message boards and forums. No specifics about the actual sites or anything related to drugs or whatever. My goal is to keep everyones identity a mistery as that is the focus of the project.

The response is looking good already, I cant wait to see my mail box getting plump on the faces of the unknown :smile:

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3707338 - 01/31/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

awesome Pathos... that is a really cool drawing in your sig by the way :thumbup:

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

Re: A call for your help [Re: Organic]
    #3707349 - 01/31/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you can, take the 2 in my sig. That would be awesome. Visit his website http://www.antaphi.com for some more pics. You can use them for your artwork. In return, maybe you could sign his guest book, and take a listen to his tunes. Spread the word if you like 'em!

--------------------

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: A call for your help [Re: MeatSpace]
    #3707356 - 01/31/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome Meatspace, I will do as you ask :smile:

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#3707374 - 01/31/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sweet deal. You sell your work? I'll buy one of my Bro, if you end up doing a good one. That will make a nice b-day present.

--------------------

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3707384 - 01/31/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yep, I certainly do sell work. The only problem is shipping rates can be outrageous. I will post the works as they are completed or just once in a while as updates to the work, so if your interested in something you see, let me know and we will work out something reasonable.

hehe frogot you live close by... I could drop it off :smile:

Edited by beejay (01/31/05 12:06 PM)

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#3707399 - 01/31/05 12:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I could pick it up..

We are getting together soon, our mushrooms are recently cased, and fruiting should be soon. They will be a tasty treat.

--------------------

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3707428 - 01/31/05 12:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good Luck Bro. If you want my pictures I will send them !!!! I have a few of me and my girl if you want those aswell. Tis up to you tho. I will be sending hella good vibes your way. Here they come !!! You will excel at your show !!!!!!

GOOD TO KNOW YOUR DOING GOOD BROTHER

~~ JJ :gd_icon: :heart Shine On

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: A call for your help [Re: JettaJay]
    #3707486 - 01/31/05 12:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I feel the vibes Jay man :smile: yeah send me some pics man. I need all I can get and how could I forget myoriginal shroomery brother :thumbup:

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3707512 - 01/31/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hopefully if all goes well I will have a nice suprise for all of us when we all meet in Ohio !!!!!
I have been thinking about you alot lately for some reason. You just popped into my head one day and I sent you some vibes Bro. I thought something might be wrong. Now I know it was just your show !!!!

~~ JJ :gd_icon: :heart: Shine On

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3707521 - 01/31/05 12:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

beejay said:
awesome Pathos... that is a really cool drawing in your sig by the way :thumbup:

Uh, how big is too big?  I've got some really large res pictures :p

*sends email* :smile:

--------------------
delta9

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: A call for your help [Re: JettaJay]
    #3707527 - 01/31/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

CANT WAIT TILL NE IN OHIO! Man that is going to be a blast. I will certainly be there... which will render most of my works up until then worthless in a fassion. hmmmm... I think I'll leave the part about meeting a bunch of you in the spring off of my artist statement hehe.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3707531 - 01/31/05 12:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

beejay said:
CANT WAIT TILL NE IN OHIO! Man that is going to be a blast. I will certainly be there... which will render most of my works up until then worthless in a fassion. hmmmm... I think I'll leave the part about meeting a bunch of you in the spring off of my artist statement hehe.

Come on Bro ... just tell them you tripped and fell and had an amazing idea for all these paintings !!!

--------------------
~~~LouiseLouise

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder