Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Psychotria Viridis Pictures
    #3695851 - 01/28/05 10:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Here are soem pictures i jsut took.  i jsut bought me a new camera (about 2 hours old now) so the pics are still crappy....i am still learning....im not used to all these lighting/speed/shutter etc settings.  so bare with me :smile:

This was a leaf that was put in dirt on November 8 2004.  i then dug it up cut off the rooted section and planted seperatly.  These roots have appeared from Jan 23 (now Jan 28).  In straight water.

Same leaf as above, with a buddy that went through the same process.

3 leaves in total did this.  no roots, thet jsut got gnarled looking at the ends of the stems and where i broke them.  plants grew out of them that way.  All of the ones that did this were in water.

This is a plant that started wher ei broke the leaf.  There were 4 in total liek this on one leaf.

Hard to see but there are 9 plants coming from this and more coming.  they are doing the peyote button type thing. 

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: kadakuda]
    #3695880 - 01/28/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have seen that before

VERY COOL. :laugh:

I am waiting for 100 Viridis seeds right now, and soon I will be ordering 2-3 plants (12$ each, and 10$ shipping) from Ringworm, over at Deeproots  :thumbup: because while I enjoy the idea of raising tons of little Viridis plants, I want something to clone, water , and care for ASAP. (that way I have something to do while I wait months)

I am glad you got a camera, honestly, I think everything I say(wether wrong or right) would have ten times more impact with pictures.

I would have already bought a cam, but money has been tight....if I have any money left after setting up Grandmas grow  :stoned: , I will get one.

Let me know how the gathering went(PM) , I have buddys # now, but phoning him to say "whats up, I missed the gathering" seems kinda dumb. (thus I will PM him)

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/28/05 11:37 PM)

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3695970 - 01/28/05 10:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

awsome man, glad your getting some plants!  you are going ot LOVE them.

yes cameras are sooo nice to have.  i have been without for a year and i dotn think a day wen tby that i didnt have a craving to take pics.  i cant realyl afford this but i basically said fuck it....i always pay everything on time and dont usually buy anythign big.  so today i endulged :smile:  2 weeks pay gone and im loving it :grin:

--------------------

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #3696480 - 01/29/05 02:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

nice shots

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3697437 - 01/29/05 08:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Niiice Kadakuda!! :laugh:

I have one that's about the same size. Ya guys think it's time to uproot it and transplant it?

I only have one sapling so far and i'm afraid i'll damage it by transplanting or something to that effect.
But the fact is that it's growing ssslllloooowwwllllyyyyy. It has only grown 1,5cm since it first appeared above the soil, but the whole stem should be about one inch long from the roots...

I have it in a well lit windowsill. At the moment that's the most light i can give it without exposing it to the cold outside. If i transplant it i can move it to my minigreenhouse which is lit by a fluoro.

I feel the container it is in is too small for the roots of all the leaves i have there...

What do you guys say?

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: esin]
    #3698237 - 01/29/05 12:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a pic of some of my psychotrias

Psychotria seeds are usually not a good idea to buy. They only keep their germination potential for a few months at most. I have some seeds left over from the crop of berries I got from my plants. They are about 1 to 2 months old and I'd hesitate to send them to anyone because the germ rate is going to be low. The seeds you buy off most websites are going to be older than that, who knows how old? I ordered psychotria seeds a couple times and got zero sprouts even after 6 months and more. I have a few small rooted pv plants I can trade that won't set you back nearly that much no matter what you swap for them. On the other hand, Ringworms plants will be larger so it might be worth it to go that way.

PV is a slow grower, you can't make it grow fast like some others. They prefer partial sun or shade, not full sun. They take to transplanting very well so dont worry about that. They like humidity and can't take freezing. I have about a dozen plants outside right now and a few little ones inside.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: esin]
    #3698327 - 01/29/05 12:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

were you the person that started the grow log on ethnoseeds? if so ares are pretty close in age i think.

i actually up rooted all of mine on teh 23rd cause i had liek 5 leaf cuttings per 4" pot. when i did so i saw a bunch of little white started plants that hadnt broken the soil. so i cut the leaf of the ones that had these (all but 2) and started a second round on the leaves. i planted these little white plantlet things above soil so they would get light. only 2 had previously broken soil on their own.

since i did this they have gorwn fairly quickly. like stonehenge said they sure dont seem to grow fast like many other ethnos.

i also have 4 out of humidity tents now. which i forgot to mention before...i used plastic ziplocs over all teh pots for humidity. anyway they are doing seemingly jsut as good as the others.

--------------------

InvisibleSynthetic_Sun
Stranger
    #3699031 - 01/29/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome shots. I`ve been wanting to get a PV for sometime now...anyway you could part with some fresh rootable leaf?

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3699702 - 01/29/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am about to get 100 seeds in the mail :frown: I hope SOME of them sprout. :frown:
Its a good thing I am also getting some plants from Ringworm soon(sending my MO next week)  Damn :frown: 
Damn.,
"Psychotria seeds are usually not a good idea to buy. They only keep their germination potential for a few months at most. I have some seeds left over from the crop of berries I got from my plants. They are about 1 to 2 months old and I'd hesitate to send them to anyone because the germ rate is going to be low. The seeds you buy off most websites are going to be older than that, who knows how old? I ordered psychotria seeds a couple times and got zero sprouts even after 6 months and more. I have a few small rooted pv plants I can trade that won't set you back nearly that much no matter what you swap for them. On the other hand, Ringworms plants will be larger so it might be worth it to go that way."

--------------------

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3699814 - 01/29/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, that's me :smile: Yeah they're about the same age and came from the same person.

Good luck on those!

I'll transplant my plantlet soon to a better pot.
-
Nice big plants, Stonehenge!!

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3701434 - 01/30/05 06:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Deeproots? Can someone post a link please. Thanks.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3702213 - 01/30/05 12:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

very cool pics guys!
this plant is such a plague, isn't it? it grows out of a single leaf...

FH

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: felixhigh]
    #3702693 - 01/30/05 02:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am growing some of these too, from seed and I am goin to buy a plant. Strange enough, one plant sprouted from seed in just a week? I soaked in water with a mild bleach solution for the first day in preparation for the soil. I can't really say to much past that, I am giving it and many other plants full spectrum flourescent lighting with plastic sheeting surrounding the plant for additional humidity for the time being. I plant on buying a hps and hm light for these plants, even though I believe I should now filter the light for the Viridis after this information posted above.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3702798 - 01/30/05 03:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

wow lucky guy! you are keeping your in pretty much the same condition i am (light, huidity wise). people say not too strong light (ie hps will be too strong), but may as well exeriment with them. i knwo i will be when they get bigger.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3707466 - 01/31/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

these plants seem pretty resistent after they pass the seedling stage, specially regarding low RH and lots of light.
the suckers and aphids are the only plague that has struck my psychotrias...

FH

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: felixhigh]
    #3725103 - 02/03/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

can I get a baby plant from someone, I have some cool catci and other plants to trade....

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: Psychotria Viridis Pictures [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3725968 - 02/03/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

can someone tell where I can find deeproots? Is it a website? thanks for any help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds