Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedanksistah
Stranger
Female

Loc: right here
jamcruise arrests
    #3693689 - 01/28/05 01:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=30479
"Jam Cruise 3" Lands Twelve in Jail Before Ship Ever Leaves The Dock

By Kyle Meenan
First Coast News

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- They came from all across the land to spend four days at sea on a ship with non-stop bands, music and dancing.

But a dozen passengers scheduled to set sail on "Jam Cruise 3" never made it on-board the Carnival Cruise Ship. They were arrested after trying to pass through U.S. Customs with illegal drugs.

The scenario was the same, over and over. As more than 1,200 passengers passed through the Jaxport terminal, they stopped for a photo, then proceeded on to Customs for a pre-boarding inspection.

Over a span of six hours, a dozen of those passengers were 'outed' by a proficient U.S. Customs and Border Protection drug dog named Megan.

As word filtered back through the line, many passengers dumped their stash in the terminals trash cans and toilets. One passenger even abandoned drug-laced brownies. They all presumably made it aboard.

According to police reports from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, which worked side-by side with Customs Officials, the following passengers never left the dock, except to be booked downtown:

30-year-old John Peter Schneider, (Felony) of Fairfax, Virginia, was said to have bolted out the door towards the ship when the drug dog signalled he was suspect. Officers report Schneider tried stuffing two small baggies into his mouth as he was tackled near the ship. Police prevented him from swallowing, and say the baggies contained four grams of coke.

37-year-old Jonathan Mayer Lipschutz, (Felony) of San Francisco, an audiologist, was arrested for carrying a baggie of pot in his waistband, and cocaine in his pocket. Several "unknown" pills were also found in a prescription bottle.

40-year-old Christopher Kew Wong,(Felony) a telecommunications salesman from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was found to have 12 small baggies of heroin and four grams of marijuana, which he told arresting officers was "for personal use."

23-year-old David Ognibene,(Felony) of Boulder, Colorado, was found to be hiding 26-grams of pot in his crotch.

35-year-old Steven M. Beatty,(Misdemeanor) of Portland Oregon, listed as the manager of STS 9 & KDTU Music Bands (booked to play aboard "Jam Cruise 3") was arrested for hiding a little more than ten grams of pot and a glass pipe in his crotch.

41-year-old Joseph Francis Grasso, (Misdemeanor) a self-employed
manager from St. Louis, Missouri, was arrested for posession of marijuana. Police say he was hiding 19-grams of pot in his crotch.

38-year-old Dr. Matthew D. Pate,(Felony) a Kokomo, Indiana
dentist, was found with 18 hits of ecstacy and a small quantity of marijuana.

28-year-old Kaleb E. Simpson, (Misdemeanor) a landscaper from Manassas, Virginia, was charged with posession of cannabis, for the 11-grams of pot hidden in his crotch.

35-year-old Paul Abrahan Levine, (Felony) a restaurateur from Quincy, Florida, told inspectors he had "a little coke and a little x." Police say he had 13-grams of ecstacy powder and 8-grams of coke in his crotch.

26-year-old Bethany Lynn Valachovic, (Misdemeanor), and accountant from Fayetville, Arkansas, was arrested for concealing two grams of pot and a pipe in her pants.

29-year-old Matthew Lansing Swift, (Misdemeanor), a Chicago engineer, was charged with posession for 5.8-grams of marijuana hidden in his crotch.
"Jam Cruise 3" officials did not return a call from First Coast News Sunday afternoon. It's presumed they are on the open ocean. A check of the company's website mentions several times to potential clients that they "NOT bring narcotics" on board.

Local U.S. Customs officials say the chat rooms of the "Jam Cruise" website had contributors offering suggestions of how passengers could safely sneak their stash aboard ship.
"We've read a lot of the chat room discussions that vacuum-sealing narcotics is a method of concealing narcotics in such a way to avoid the detection by the dog," said Richard Quinn of the Jacksonville office.
Quinn was quick to point out, the advice was bogus.
"Of 11 arrests, twelve seizures taken off individuals, the dog alerted to all 12, so the dog was quite effective," said Quinn.
One JSO officer involved in the searches who wished to remain anonymous put It in perspective whan asked about the relevance of these drug arrests to plans for the upcoming cruise ships and Super Bowl XXXIX:
"Come for the game and have a great party, but leave your stash at home!"

--------------------
:whip:  :whip:    :whip:    :whip:    :whip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: danksistah]
    #3693707 - 01/28/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

that really sucks.....  i feel for them all!!

:ooo:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Offlinedanksistah
Stranger
Female

Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: kindkesey]
    #3693715 - 01/28/05 01:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i especially feel for the poor girl who had to go to jail for 2 grams of weed and a pipe. just think paying all that $$ for jamcruise, getting arrested, and missing everything...plus have to shell out more $$$. boooooooo

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3693725 - 01/28/05 01:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

danksistah said:
38-year-old Dr. Matthew D. Pate,(Felony) a Kokomo, Indiana
dentist, was found with 18 hits of ecstacy and a small quantity of marijuana.

Sucks to be this guy. I don't think you can be a practicing MD with a felony drug charge.  :thumbdown:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3693742 - 01/28/05 02:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedanksistah
Stranger
Female

Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: gdman]
    #3693748 - 01/28/05 02:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

man that sucks... hopefully he'll be able to afford a superb lawyer...but i don't know how much it will help.

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #3693768 - 01/28/05 02:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

that is like the story how they put signs out saying " Drug search ahead- with dogs" on a major road going into Bonnaroo, and they cops would pull over all the people who threw drugs out the window

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #3693812 - 01/28/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

THis is a real bummer man.

I wonder if they searched the JAM Bands themselves before they BOrded?

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #3693820 - 01/28/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I feel bad for them but they were very stupid last year had its incidents. and anyone with a little common sense would know not to bring drugs this year. customs does not fuck around never bring drugs on a boat.. i know people that have lost 5 million dollar boats cause of one roach.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: buckwheat]
    #3693830 - 01/28/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:nonono:

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: gdman]
    #3693846 - 01/28/05 02:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

that does suck to be them. but travaling with drugs especially stuff like coke and heroine isnt a good idea. i'm suprised people with a little weed got in so much trouble. around me you have to have a full oz. befor the cops care if your cought with less they usually take it away and you might get a small charge for a misdemeaner

Edited by dressel11 (01/28/05 02:42 PM)

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: flowstone]
    #3693863 - 01/28/05 02:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

flowstone said:
that is like the story how they put signs out saying " Drug search ahead- with dogs" on a major road going into Bonnaroo, and they cops would pull over all the people who threw drugs out the window

i never heard about this, what a pussy ass way of busting people.
man, that article is depressing :frown: i remember thinking what a sweet time that cruise would be, i feel bad for those who didn't make it...i wonder how many actually did make it on board with drugs?
to any LEO's or DEA who might read these boards:
You're all fucking pussies and you can kiss the fattest part of  my ass!!!!

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: Hendostan]
    #3693901 - 01/28/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

totally dude.. They were hiding in the bushes and watching for people throwing bags out.. There was not even a search, and they radioed cops up ahead to pull them over after they collected the drugs...

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
    #3693902 - 01/28/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I hope the feds, DEA and the government in general knows that they are not cool people, in fact they really blow. You sent non-violent fun loving people to jail. I am sure all these people pay taxes and had no plans of ever harming a soul. Why not look for dangerous criminals? Who wants to live in a country that wants you locked in a concrete room for the rest of your life?

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #3693906 - 01/28/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have no pity for people stupid enough to try to pull something like this off.

shame on the organizers.

they set their idiot-hippie guests up for tragedy.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: afoaf]
    #3693945 - 01/28/05 03:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i would have brought some legal drugs with me. maybe amanitas mushrooms (although convincing them they wearnt magick mushies would be hard so they would confiscate them mayme not let you on but after test proved they were amanitas they would feel stupid), kava kava, any number of legal ethnogens.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: dressel11]
    #3693973 - 01/28/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The whole idea of a a jam cruise sounds like wall mart to me.

That really is bad stuff man, not really a good idea in the first place, i mean these are jam bands, they all smoke lots of pot im sure, what a rediculous idea.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3694012 - 01/28/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

While I feel bad for the people getting arrested, you just can't mess with customs before getting on a boat! I can also understand why they wouldn't want a bunch of drugged-up people who thought that they could fly jumping off of the ship. Now, don't get me wrong, but being messed up and out on the water with that many people is just a bad idea, safety speaking.

Now, if it were a private ship and there were lots of soberish people on board, it would ROCK to be under in the influence and out on the water. Just so long as there were enough people to watch out for the ones who might accidentally do themselves damage.

Boat people rule!

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3694030 - 01/28/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:

...i wonder how many actually did make it on board with drugs?

My friends went and they got on board with 3 grams of Blueberry, 4 mushroom chocolates, and 5 tabs of x. They were either lucky or better at hiding shit.  :crazy2:

--------------------

:murray:

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: jamcruise arrests [Re: blissedout]
    #3694355 - 01/28/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Quote:

Hendostan said:

...i wonder how many actually did make it on board with drugs?

My friends went and they got on board with 3 grams of Blueberry, 4 mushroom chocolates, and 5 tabs of x. They were either lucky or better at hiding shit.  :crazy2:

forgive me if this is a stupid question but whats blueberry? besides the fruit.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract