Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Ecstacy = harmful?
    #4269314 - 06/07/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know this has been talked about a lot, but I have several specific questions that I couldn't find in search.
1. Simply put, can you die from taking X? I have seen those commercials on TV about the girl who ate it and she died from it. Is this from the actual ecstacy itself, or the things it's mixed with? Please tell me if taking pure X can cause possible death/permanent damage, or is that the shit they put in with it like (stric-9 i think?).
2. how do those testing kits work, and how much are they? How accurate are they? Does that mean that if I buy random ecstacy from someone I don't really know (ie. work) and then I test it, and it comes out perfectly good, i can eat it and be 100% safe? (not considering dehydration and other things I can help).

Thanks :smile: sorry again that these have been asked before at some point  :crazy:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Limelight]
    #4269333 - 06/07/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i know u can die from X but iv never taken it so i dont know alot about it yet

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #4269345 - 06/07/05 07:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #4269361 - 06/07/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
I know this has been talked about a lot, but I have several specific questions that I couldn't find in search.
1. Simply put, can you die from taking X? I have seen those commercials on TV about the girl who ate it and she died from it. Is this from the actual ecstacy itself, or the things it's mixed with? Please tell me if taking pure X can cause possible death/permanent damage, or is that the shit they put in with it like (stric-9 i think?).
2. how do those testing kits work, and how much are they? How accurate are they? Does that mean that if I buy random ecstacy from someone I don't really know (ie. work) and then I test it, and it comes out perfectly good, i can eat it and be 100% safe? (not considering dehydration and other things I can help).

Thanks :smile: sorry again that these have been asked before at some point  :crazy:

1- you can die from a lot of things... i've heard of a few people dieing from combining ecstasy with a variety of other drugs. i've also heard of people dieing from dehydration while on ecstasy. ive heard of people dieing from PMA being sold as ecstasy. but ive never heard of anyone dieing from simply taking a little bit of mdma.

2- a test kit will tell what substance in dominant in your speck of powder. they cost around $20-30, buy one from dancesafe because the proceeds go to their harm reduction work. the test kits will tell you what it is, but not how potent it is. if your pill has 20mg of mdma in it, it will test positive, but you wont feel a single dose and will think you got ripped off..

what else is on your mind?

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineAmbientTHIRDEYE
One Soul

Loc: VIRGINIA
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Rono]
    #4269370 - 06/07/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's okay to try it.

But it is extremely bad for your brain... producing that mich seratonin at one time is a drain....

stick with somethign envoking and natural... liek mushrooms, lotus, peyote, salvia....etc

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: iloveraving]
    #4269376 - 06/07/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think the majority of deaths attributed to ecstasy is due to dehydration.

As with all drugs be careful and get educated (which you are obviously trying to do :handth: )

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

#4269395 - 06/07/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know. I did a mission to mars or is it rocket to the moon?? Anyways, I died..

InvisibleInsatiableThirst
for knowledge.
Female

Loc: In my head but out of my ...
    #4269610 - 06/07/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

iloveraving said:
1- you can die from a lot of things... i've heard of a few people dieing from combining ecstasy with a variety of other drugs. i've also heard of people dieing from dehydration while on ecstasy. ive heard of people dieing from PMA being sold as ecstasy. but ive never heard of anyone dieing from simply taking a little bit of mdma.

People are also known to fatally dehydrate from taking pills containing DXM.

--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: InsatiableThirst]
    #4269633 - 06/07/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've taken massive doses of DXM, and conversely I cannot piss on it. It becomes seriously impossible at 700+ milligrams for me, though my reality is so far removed that I barely care about it.

But if combined with MDMA or methylamphetamines, who knows what would happen?

And dehydration isn't the only problem, people also drink too much water without balancing it out. It's good to keep a nice jug of water next to you, but also eat pretzels and other foods to balance out all the water you're drinking.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleInsatiableThirst
for knowledge.
Female

Loc: In my head but out of my ...
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Ravus]
    #4269648 - 06/07/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Indeed. It depends on where you take it as well. (DXM I mean) People who do pills they don't realize contains DXM and go to the club and dance their ass off, can become fatally overheated. If you're sitting at home and just chilling, of course it's not going to dehydrate you as much as dancing in a club for hours. I've always been weary of DXM.

--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: InsatiableThirst]
    #4272900 - 06/08/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, so what about just pure MDMA? What are the chances of getting a pill, testing it and have it come out GOOD, and then eating it and die/become harmed? I dont care about dxm because im not interested in that :smile:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4272968 - 06/08/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Pure MDMA is only harmful in the sense that it targets the neurons in the brain that produce serotonin and drains them.. this can disrupt the body's ability to control its temperature in the short term, and leave the user feeling "drained" the next day or two. In very extreme cases can cause the blood to coagulate.

However, it has been shown that Marijuana, our old friend Cannabis Sativa.. has a neuro-protective effect. That is, it coats the neurons in a film that protects and even heals them. Combined with MDMA, there is a symbiotic relationship, and the neurons do not suffer nearly as much. So smoke weed.

Also, by taking 5-htp, a pre-cursor to serotonin, one may help the body to re-establish proper serotonin levels quite quickly, and may not even notice a 'hangover' feeling.

Also it is imperative to remain hydrated. Like others said, the largest cause of death on MDMA is due to dehydration. I would think the next biggest cause would be that you never really know what your beans have been cut with. Always best to research your pills and find out if anyone else has tested them, so you know the contents. Some beans are just DXM or PCP.

* Long-term heavy use can be linked to brain damage.. in that the neurons involved have been resculpted.. but these studies are largely incomplete and only show a very small number of different types of heavy MDMA users. Much of the damage could be attributed to other drugs making up 'ecstacy'. But overall, MDMA is a relatively harmless drug (when compared to say.. aspirin, with its 10,000+ deaths a year), and the majority of MDMA users are in good health. So no, it will not burn holes in your brain.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4273043 - 06/08/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

not using ecstacy in moderation = harmful

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? *DELETED* [Re: Limelight]
    #4273202 - 06/08/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by MAIA

Reason for deletion: admin: personal data not allowed

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: MAIA]
    #4273401 - 06/08/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

whats the difference between 'E pills' and mdma?

also, if you do a test on ecstacy pills and it comes out good, is there still a possibility of taking PCP? I heard that is badddd shit, and i would not want to take it at all.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4273426 - 06/08/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

MDMA = 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine
"E Pills" = can contain any number of things.. usually anything from MDMA to caffeine to DXM to MDA to a mix between any of those.

And yeah..pills with PCP are rare.. but have been known to exist.

I suggest you look at this - http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma.shtml
and this - www.dancesafe.org

--------------------

Invisiblefinding_self
Stranger
easy [Re: Limelight]
    #4273461 - 06/08/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

easy

Edited by finding_self (04/18/06 08:36 PM)

InvisibleCookies
Female
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: finding_self]
    #4275298 - 06/09/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Eventually...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4275788 - 06/09/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

iloveraving said:

It has happened. But usually it's because the person is allergic. By the same token, many people are allergic to aspirin, causing thousands of deaths each year.

--------------------

Offlinegbeatle
Stranger

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Shroomism]
    #7612115 - 11/08/07 05:24 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Pure MDMA is only harmful in the sense that it targets the neurons in the brain that produce serotonin and drains them.. this can disrupt the body's ability to control its temperature in the short term, and leave the user feeling "drained" the next day or two. In very extreme cases can cause the blood to coagulate.

However, it has been shown that Marijuana, our old friend Cannabis Sativa.. has a neuro-protective effect. That is, it coats the neurons in a film that protects and even heals them. Combined with MDMA, there is a symbiotic relationship, and the neurons do not suffer nearly as much. So smoke weed.

Also, by taking 5-htp, a pre-cursor to serotonin, one may help the body to re-establish proper serotonin levels quite quickly, and may not even notice a 'hangover' feeling.

Also it is imperative to remain hydrated. Like others said, the largest cause of death on MDMA is due to dehydration. I would think the next biggest cause would be that you never really know what your beans have been cut with. Always best to research your pills and find out if anyone else has tested them, so you know the contents. Some beans are just DXM or PCP.

* Long-term heavy use can be linked to brain damage.. in that the neurons involved have been resculpted.. but these studies are largely incomplete and only show a very small number of different types of heavy MDMA users. Much of the damage could be attributed to other drugs making up 'ecstacy'. But overall, MDMA is a relatively harmless drug (when compared to say.. aspirin, with its 10,000+ deaths a year), and the majority of MDMA users are in good health. So no, it will not burn holes in your brain. 

wow amazing. ive been doing e the past 2 weekends and i just had a feelin to smoke alot of weed the next day and it did help lol

but yeah as for headaches... simple belief that the brain has regenerative powers, just as in the same way that the body has for muscles :smile::)

Offlinenoobballer Happy Birthday!
gerund
Male

Loc: Akron, Ohio. USA
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: gbeatle]
    #7612163 - 11/08/07 05:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

how long does mdma stay in your system??

--------------------
Insanity is doing the exact same thing and expecting different results.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #7612208 - 11/08/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If you guys wanted a serious answer, should have asked in chem and pharm.

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

#7612293 - 11/08/07 06:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

ive heard of ppl fry their brains from x. any drug you can die from is not worth trying in my opinion

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7612386 - 11/08/07 07:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If you take too much Ecstasy at once you can die by MDMA poisoning, and its at way lower doses than many people think.

MDMA is meant to be taken in doses of 50-200mg, where for most people anything over 150mg is "too much", in that it becomes less enjoyable and more physical.

If you take 500mg at once you can consider yourself to be seriously poisoned. This can be as little as three or four strong pills taken at once.

750mg taken at once is acutely life threatening. Some die on this much.

1.000-2.000mg taken at once (more than six strong pills) is the killzone. Most people die several hours after taking this much at once.

There are cases where people take a pill, get overjoyed and then in rapid succession pop all the pills they have, oblivious of how little time has passed or too euphoric to stop and think about risks.

Needless to say, it's best to never have more than 500mg on you.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: noobballer]
    #7612457 - 11/08/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

noobballer said:
how long does mdma stay in your system??

2-3 days

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7612461 - 11/08/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
ive heard of ppl fry their brains from x. any drug you can die from is not worth trying in my opinion

So you don't take Aspirin then?

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #7612484 - 11/08/07 07:30 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i liek my seratonin the way is
i need that for when the other stuff wears off :tripping:

--------------------

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

#7612591 - 11/08/07 07:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

VisionsToReality said:

So you don't take Aspirin then?

Aspirin isn't an unregulated, sketchy streetdrug with unknown content that causes intense euphoria leading to possible increased bodytemp. Aspirin is regulated with certain exact dosage instructions and is therefore safer than E by far..

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7612595 - 11/08/07 08:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

FAR more people die from Aspirin each year than MDMA.. so I fail to see how it being "regulated" makes it any safer...

If your argument is that it is safer because it is made in a laborotory and strictly regulated than I see that more as an argument against the War on Drugs. If all MDMA was 'officially produced in regulated labs' and strictly controlled with exact dosage advice we would have far fewer problems than we do.

However the fact remains that thousands of people die each year from taking Aspirin, and there are <100 death per year on average from MDMA overdose or dehydration while on MDMA. So which one is more harmful?

Aspirin is a regulated, sketchy, pharmaceutical grade drug.

--------------------

InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
    #7612604 - 11/08/07 08:02 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno man, if you could put me in a hospital and let me eat mdma until I fried my brain...

I would, a couple times.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Rustifer]
    #7612648 - 11/08/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not saying MDMA is completely harmless.. it's not..all things in moderation. And most of the harmful effects can be virtually neutralized by taking the proper precautions. However, I do believe it's far less harmful then a lot of people make it out to be.. and far more beneficial than some "legal" things which are far more dangerous..

--------------------

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

#7612651 - 11/08/07 08:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
FAR more people die from Aspirin each year than MDMA.. so I fail to see how it being "regulated" makes it any safer...

Far more people take aspirin than e

Quote:

If your argument is that it is safer because it is made in a laborotory and strictly regulated than I see that more as an argument against the War on Drugs. If all MDMA was 'officially produced in regulated labs' and strictly controlled with exact dosage advice we would have far fewer problems than we do.

Even if it were regulated, e makes one lose touch with reality in a way that can make them heat up from too much phys. activity. But yeah it'd be better.

Quote:

However the fact remains that thousands of people die each year from taking Aspirin, and there are <100 death per year on average from MDMA overdose or dehydration while on MDMA. So which one is more harmful?

not comparable, more people take aspirin

aside from that, aspirin when taken according to safe dosage doesn't cause intense euphoria that can distract and lead to dehydration/overheating...automatically making it safer.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7612677 - 11/08/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Not automatically.
I don't even think most of the deaths from aspirin are due to people not taking it according to safe dosage, most are probably due to allergies. That doesn't make it 'automatically' safer.

MDMA (not E) makes one lose touch with reality? Since when?

--------------------

Offlinenoobballer Happy Birthday!
gerund
Male

Loc: Akron, Ohio. USA
    #7612726 - 11/08/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

lol i lose touch with reality when im sober

--------------------
Insanity is doing the exact same thing and expecting different results.

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

#7612739 - 11/08/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Since ever. This is why people go until they're dehydrated or overheated: they lose touch with reality.

And yes automatically, because e fucks you up and leads to possibility of you not paying attention to your body and overheating or dehydrating. Aspirin doesn't do that and very few people are allergic to aspirin, and being allergic to aspirin doesn't necessarily kill you either.

Anyways, fuck e, it's a synthetic drug that can kill you, and aspirin is completely irrelevant in that it isn't a recreational drug anyways

--------------------

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #7612821 - 11/08/07 09:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Pure MDMA is only harmful in the sense that it targets the neurons in the brain that produce serotonin and drains them..

Excuse me, but I'd like to correct you here...

MDMA causes the brain to release massive amounts of serotonin which in turn causes the serotonin receptors to
burn out if the drug is used in excess. (Excess being too often and for too long each time, not necessarily in high doses.)

It takes up to a year or more for them (the receptors) to reconstruct and may never happen at all in completion. (Permanent brain damage.)

You know, first-hand, that I ought to know what I'm talking about here. :wink:

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: TM]
    #7612830 - 11/08/07 09:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

What detrimental effects do you have form MDMA TM?

How much did you use and how long?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Asante]
    #7612882 - 11/08/07 09:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I was unaware of the possible detrimental affects when I rolled 2 to 3 times a week for 4-6 weeks, doing up to 10 pills a night near the end...

until one night I ate 2 pills and got NOTHING... 2 hours later, I ate 3 more and still, NOTHING.

Then, I looked at the information on bluelight.org and learned what I had done.

Other than not being affected by dosing MDMA, I was lucky in that I didn't have any of the other serious side-effects.

After waiting 9 months, I was again able to enjoy it, somewhat, but nowhere near as much as before.

I'm still biding my time now and letting the receptors rebuild. It's definitely one of my favorite drugs (if not THE favorite), but must be used in serious moderation.

--------------------

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

Offlinegbeatle
Stranger

#7612966 - 11/08/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:

Far more people take aspirin than e

Quote:

Even if it were regulated, e makes one lose touch with reality in a way that can make them heat up from too much phys. activity. But yeah it'd be better.

Quote:

not comparable, more people take aspirin

aside from that, aspirin when taken according to safe dosage doesn't cause intense euphoria that can distract and lead to dehydration/overheating...automatically making it safer.

i like the quote in your profile man

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#7613018 - 11/08/07 10:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TM said:
I was unaware of the possible detrimental affects when I rolled 2 to 3 times a week for 4-6 weeks, doing up to 10 pills a night near the end...

until one night I ate 2 pills and got NOTHING... 2 hours later, I ate 3 more and still, NOTHING.

Then, I looked at the information on bluelight.org and learned what I had done.

Other than not being affected by dosing MDMA, I was lucky in that I didn't have any of the other serious side-effects.

After waiting 9 months, I was again able to enjoy it, somewhat, but nowhere near as much as before.

I'm still biding my time now and letting the receptors rebuild. It's definitely one of my favorite drugs (if not THE favorite), but must be used in serious moderation.

I would like to chime in here. There are primate studies that clearly show the dosages you are talking about to be absolutely devastating to your neurons. I realize these are primate studies, but primate are our closest living relatives. The neurons themselves are not different. Anyway, the studies show that dosages of around 2-3 pills at one time completely wipe out postsynaptic 5-HT receptors even after a two week period. The same study we discussed showed hilariously bad regrowth after nearly a decade.

I'm not aware of any studies studying dosages such as ONE pill, but there are plenty of studies to suggest that dosages like the ones you just said will require far more than 9 months to recover from. In fact based on what you just said, which is more than they give lab monkeys, you will never fully recover. I feel like I'm badmouthing MDMA here and to an extent I am. I have no evidence to suggest that one pill will do that kind of damage but I see no reason to believe that it won't do some.

It's not worth it in my opinion.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: freddurgan]
    #7613073 - 11/08/07 10:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, there's so much I could say, but suffice it to say that (for whatever reason) young women are more susseptable to damage or death
from MDMA ingestion than men, which blows the primate comparison all to hell.

Also, though I don't expect to ever have full recovery of my serotonin receptors, I had enough in nine months to enjoy the drug
again, which gives me hope that in a couple of years, I'll be nearly back to full status. If not, oh well, I'll enjoy whatever I have.

Let this be a lesson to others to use it in moderation, but definitely use it, just don't abuse it. The magic is precious, don't lose it.

One pill (200mg, pure) (very likely) won't do any damage to anyone.

--------------------

Offlinem.v2
Apple-Core
Male

#7613126 - 11/08/07 10:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm rolling tonight. Probably like four pills.
I do it kind of regularly, so do my friends and it hasn't harmed any of us.. yet.

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: m.v2]
    #7613142 - 11/08/07 10:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

m.v2 said:
I'm rolling tonight. Probably like four pills.
I do it kind of regularly, so do my friends and it hasn't harmed any of us.. yet.

Quote:

TM said:
The magic is precious, don't lose it.

--------------------

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

#7613204 - 11/08/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I dont consider myself an e user and probably eat around 20-30 during the summer time, maybe more, I cant stand the month after i roll, it s like everything is gray, all depressing, but the rolling night s are so worth it.

It takes like 2 months for me to get normal again after the whole summer of rolling. I dont really roll during winter, maybe the exception would be new years.

--------------------

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: learning_byte]
    #7613220 - 11/08/07 11:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

learning_byte said:
I cant stand the month after i roll, it s like everything is gray, all depressing, but the rolling night s are so worth it.

Damn, I can't believe you guys like this drug. It just fucking blows. LOL!

--------------------

Offlinem.v2
Apple-Core
Male

#7613227 - 11/08/07 11:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I used to have the worst comedowns and used to get so depressed for weeks.
But I don't get that any more and the comedown I do have is actually fun.
I like the few hours where you feel disconnected.

--------------------

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: m.v2]
    #7613327 - 11/08/07 11:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Good quality MDxx is :crazy2:. I ve never had a bad comedown so far. But it gets boring when it is overdone.

--------------------

Edited by learning_byte (11/09/07 12:01 AM)

Offlinem.v2
Apple-Core
Male

#7613776 - 11/09/07 05:07 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

. But it gets boring when it is overdone.

Lies. I couldn't make it out tonight.
So fucking sad.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7614441 - 11/09/07 10:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

In a 4 year period I used about an ounce of pure MDMA. I have two binge events of taking 2 grams in two days, and both were in one two week period. I have a handful of binge situations where I took up to 500mg in one sitting of 12 hours or so.

I might have some shortterm memory issues, that's hard to say. My mood on the other hand is far from depressed. If anything, I'm most of the time closer to MDMA-type euphoria when sober than I was before. I feel real damn good unless there are acute issues to deal with. If I'm braindamaged, it's a happy kind of braindamage :smile2: akin to being on an antidepressant.

It's as if all this exposure to feeling damn good has taught me how to feel damn good while sober.

My magic is fairly diminished, but a normal dose still is very special and "magical".

Theres one clear downside though: I've developed a boosting problem. When using MDMA, I tend to REALLY want another dose every few hours, a clear abuse issue.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#7614909 - 11/09/07 11:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
If you take too much Ecstasy at once you can die by MDMA poisoning, and its at way lower doses than many people think.

MDMA is meant to be taken in doses of 50-200mg, where for most people anything over 150mg is "too much", in that it becomes less enjoyable and more physical.

If you take 500mg at once you can consider yourself to be seriously poisoned. This can be as little as three or four strong pills taken at once.

750mg taken at once is acutely life threatening. Some die on this much.

1.000-2.000mg taken at once (more than six strong pills) is the killzone. Most people die several hours after taking this much at once.

There are cases where people take a pill, get overjoyed and then in rapid succession pop all the pills they have, oblivious of how little time has passed or too euphoric to stop and think about risks.

Needless to say, it's best to never have more than 500mg on you.

Scary. I took close to 1 gram of pure MDMA once, and felt extremely unwell. I had feelings of electric shocks going through my body, making me twitch, and my throat was all foamy, and all sorts of other awful feelings. My penis also turned blue (I assume my circulation was cut off somewhere), and there was no way I could piss, despite needing to like hell.
It was one of the more unpleasant things I've experienced. I had been dumping it out of an oz bag, and snorting without measuring.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #7615016 - 11/09/07 12:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:

Aspirin isn't an unregulated, sketchy streetdrug with unknown content that causes intense euphoria leading to possible increased bodytemp.  Aspirin is regulated with certain exact dosage instructions and is therefore safer than E by far..

Both drugs are regulated in fact mdma is regulated even more:smirk: and both drugs are synthetic. While agree that  mdma is more dangerous(i could be wrong its just my opinion) you said you would not do "any drug you can die from " which includes almost every(if not all) damn drug there is.  I also don't understand what you mean by becoming disconnected from your body. You obviously haven't experienced the substance so what does "disconnected from your body" mean to you?

--------------------

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #7615023 - 11/09/07 12:23 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
If I'm braindamaged, it's a happy kind of braindamage :smile2: 

:thumbup::stoned:

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Offlinegbeatle
Stranger

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: boomer q]
    #7615843 - 11/09/07 03:41 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

after a night of rolling, get good rest adn sleep drink lots of water and smoke lots of weed. :smile:

Offlinewhy_not_me
I live tranquilized
 User Gallery

Loc: Fluffy opiate cloud
    #7615907 - 11/09/07 03:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Testing kits fucking rock! If you dont have one get one

--------------------
Feed Your Head.

OfflineMatheson
Stranger
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: why_not_me]
    #11378408 - 11/03/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

man ecstacy is the most amazing drug ever.
well in my opinion
whenever i trip on anything i take some e with it.
it is dangerous though and you can die on alot of it but it would be a hell of a time first!

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunny Afternoon in
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Matheson]
    #11378452 - 11/03/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Terrible bump.

--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:

Song of the week list in journal.

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Tedwilto]
    #11378526 - 11/03/09 05:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tedwilto said:
Terrible bump.

Indeed:nonono:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

OfflineDutch-Master2890
Stranger

Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Tedwilto]
    #11378531 - 11/03/09 05:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i love E but never do it. I used to eat it but now all the shit that comes around is straight garbage i pretty much gave up but if somethin good comes around i use it but i certainly don't abuse the shit. Ive never even snorted a pill of it. As for coming down it doesnt bother me in my opinion coming off a few days of xanax is way worse after eating some bars i wanna kill myself when im not on em

OfflineDrMambo
hamburger time
 User Gallery

Loc: 53rd & 3rd
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Dutch-Master2890]
    #11379495 - 11/03/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Weren't the monkey studies accidentally conducted with methamphetamine opposed to methylenedioxymethamphetamine, and funded my the national institute of drug abuse?

Not to say mdma doesn't have neurotoxic effects, but just that they might have been overstated by a swithchup with meth.

Anyway, I'm drunk.

Mdma can be a very fun and enlightening drug imho. Just don't overdo the stuff. Check pillreports, and order a test kit. Give your brain more than enough time to recover (like a good month or two between rolls). I, personally, try to keep mdma experiences to no more than four a year, and even then I'm afraid I'm overtaxing myself.

As far as overheating goes, raves can get really really hot. Why not try another special trip and roll with some friends in a special scenario, such as a night-time beach?

Remember, above all, your safety is most prominent.

--------------------
"Yeah, he's a professor...... OF BEING A DOG!"

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11380007 - 11/03/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:

4 year old thread.

--------------------

OfflineMedullaOblangata
Stranger
Re: Ecstacy = harmful? [Re: Matheson]
    #11380547 - 11/03/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Matheson said:
man ecstacy is the most amazing drug ever.
well in my opinion
whenever i trip on anything i take some e with it.
it is dangerous though and you can die on alot of it but it would be a hell of a time first!

I know you're new but you really should make sure you aren't bumping a 3+ year old thread lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds