Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cacti ID help ( a sweet find????)
    #3691768 -

Ok, so everytime I go to my one of local plant shop/nurseries I check the cacti section FIRST, every time, just in case something cool is there.

Most of their stuff comes from the same grower, a couple of towns over, and whats annoying is that everything comes marked "Cactus", or "Succulent", but thats about where all the details stop.

And while I can tell what some opituna look like, and that many of the little round cacti arent peyote(I am not sure what they are, but I know what they are not)
( and I am mainly interested in getting more Ok, so everytime I go to my one of local plant shop/nurseries I check the cacti section FIRST, every time, just in case something cool is there.

Most of their stuff comes from the same grower, a couple of towns over, and whats annoying is that things come marked "Cactus", or "Succulent", but thats about where all the details stop.

And while I can tell what some opituna look like, and that many of the little round cacti arent peyote(I am not sure what they are, but I know what they are not)

I feel I can spot a Cacti in the Trichocereus family, fairly easily, and for 34$ for 3 massize cacti ,I figure that even if they arent Peruvians , they might work well for grafting (maybe its T bridgesi ??, or something, I dont know, and at the nursery.....well........"you know alot more about these cacti then me Sir, sorry, maybe the internet ???" , and then went off to go buy some guano)


So, if I found a pedro like cacti (columnar cacti?? ) that has a duller green colour then my dark green pedro, longer, grey-ish) spines, and fat ribs that scream trichocereus, however this is the first cacti I have ever tried to ID.
What is it???
(as long as we can be sure its at LEAST a trichocereus I WILL buy it, and eventually get pics if I have to, and then I will go back for the other 3)

I have one pot(3 of these, on hold until feb 7th, so I would like to figure this out before then .... and yes I will do some of my own reading as well to

I call on the cacti sages, please help.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cacti ID help ( a sweet find????) [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3691956 -

Ok , after looking at lots of pictures, I think it could one of these......a T.bridgesii , T.cuzcoensis , T.peruvianus , OR maybe even a.... T.macrogonus.

I reached this conclusion by looking at this site ... http://www.columnar-cacti.org/trichocereus/index.html

But I am still confuzed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cacti ID help ( a sweet find????) [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3692324 -

How much longer are the spines?


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cacti ID help ( a sweet find????) [Re: Hanky]
    #3692385 -

Long, and a light colour(I wish I would have taken a better look, at least I have them on hold)

And after some more pics I am pretty sure its not T.macrogonus.


I have narrowed it down to T.bridgesii , T.cuzcoensis ,or T.peruvianus.
(I hope thats right)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cacti ID flubbilynumpkins 2,186 11 07/30/03 11:24 AM
by felixhigh
* HD Unknown Cacti ID please :) Cow Shit Collector 1,462 6 11/30/03 05:23 PM
by nookjohn
* Cacti ID ShattrdHarlequin 1,175 4 03/16/04 03:15 PM
by felixhigh
* Who Are The Cacti Experts Here? (Cacti ID Question) morninggloryseed 1,817 10 03/20/12 06:34 AM
by Locky
* Cacti Id.
( 1 2 all )
eve69 4,460 21 10/21/03 07:43 AM
by Funkey
* cacti id plz. kadakuda 945 3 07/31/04 08:33 PM
by HarveyWalbanger
* 'monstrousus' ? (cacti ID) DazedSol 819 1 06/10/03 09:24 PM
by comario2
* cacti id help please bmarley3434 806 5 12/29/04 10:12 AM
by M_S_Smith

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,799 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.