Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
pain... oh wretched horrible pain
    #3683112 -

my wisdom teeth have been coming in for about 2 years and it seems they are impacted or something messed up. I don't have dental insurance and couldn't afford dental work so I've been delaying getting them pulled. The mistake is that my wisdom teeth have been crowding the other teeth and causing a lot of pain. Last year one of them was pushing so much pressure for a while, eventually one of the back molars broke in half.. at least the pain stopped on that side.

Well the past couple of days it has started hurting a lot worse, on the other side. I mean a lot worse.. what an annoying, constant.. almost unbearable pain. I guess it's the feeling of the wisdom tooth putting a lot of pressure on the other teeth.. and it fucking hurts. I'm in so much pain I think I'm going to go to the emergency dental clinic up at UF tomorrow even though I don't have any money to pay for it. What say you people? Should I tough it out and try to get dental insurance or should I go get the fuckers pulled and just add to my debt. So much pain.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3683121 -

Shifting teeth are more difficult to correct than debt.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Phluck]
    #3683125 -

true that.. I'm going this fucking sucks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3683136 -

what phluck said and also you have only 1 set of teeth and it's something to take good care of imo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3683427 -

that sucks man!!
.. I have yet to have my wisdom teeth pulled but they are coming in already and my top row of teeth is getting out of alignment.. For me there is no pain(yet) but I can feel a pressure.


--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: flowstone]
    #3683693 -

Got mine pulled @ 16 ... They left one in and it is now comming in. The other 3 were laying down growing in towards the center of my mouth. It sucked really bad. I say get them pulled Bro.


~~ JJ :gd_icon: :heart: Shine On and Hope they get to feeling better


--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise



Edited by JettaJay (01/26/05 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: JettaJay]
    #3683706 -

getting my wisdom teeth taken out is one of the most painful things i've ever experienced in my entire life. this from a person who's had numerous serious surgeries.

i hope your feeling better and have your own pharmaceuticals. vicoden will not help one whit.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: JettaJay]
    #3683724 -

I Have a similar problem. Only mine are coming in and food gets under the gum surrounding the tooth making it swell and hurt like a bitch. I have to clean under the gum with a dental pick and it doesnt work all the time.
To relive pain I drink cold water and make strong poppy tea. Avoid smoking, especially weed, it only makes the swelling worse and will make it throb.
get em pulled if you can it will be well worth it.

Mine hurts right now, I too have no medical. Look like a lopsided freak face is all swollen.....


--------------------
Lord Fungusmaximus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: FungusmaximusFM]
    #3686195 -

Well the pain finally subsided tonight as my friend was taking me to the ER.. yes it was that bad. Excruciating. Except there was a 6 hour wait at the ER so I said fuck that.. plus no insurance.. so it probably would have ended up costing me about a grand or more.. just to get some temporary pain relief.

god I don't think I've ever felt a more excruciating.. constant.. pulsing pain. It brought me to the point of tears more than once. Anyway, since it doesn't hurt anymore, I'm going straight to the closest dentist tomorrow morning for emergency extraction. if it ends up putting me in debt a lot more.. fuck it. I'm just worried about paying for a pain prescription once it's done with :crazy: oh well.. wish me luck


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3686375 -

I know exactly what you're going through. I had a severe toothache about a year ago from what turned out to be an abcess that required a root canal. It really kicked in overnight (these things always happen when a dentist isn't available). I COULD NOT BELIEVE a tooth could cause that much pain!..the throbbing waves of pain had me literally banging my head on the floor!

The only thing that relieved the pain (and this COMPLETELY relieved it temporarily) was swishing my mouth with cold water. That would stave it off for 60 seconds or so. So I was up most of the night doing that. I recommend trying that if it returns before you can get to a dentist.


--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3686413 -

Heh, at first I misread your post and thought you said you were going not to "the closest dentist" but the "closet" dentist. I had a mental picture of you tying a string to your tooth and the other end to the door knob of a closet.. :whoa:

Glad that's not the case.


--------------------
I am what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3686473 -

Why don't you just astrally project during time of the surgery?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Jellric]
    #3686485 -

heh yeah.. I think that's probably what I have.. absessed wisdom tooth. that shit fucking hurt. I know what you mean about banging your head against the floor. I actually banged my head against the wall a couple time. I thought I had already felt the worst pain of my life getting tattooed on the sternum.. guess I was wrong.
Bring on the root canals.. I'm ready to get these fuckers out of my mouth.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: spud]
    #3686492 -

I could do that.. I'm not concerned about the surgery.. I'm concerned about the days following surgery.

why don't you take your cynicism elsewhere?



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3686504 -

Cynicism? I'm just shocked. You'd imagine someone who can recall 700,000 past lives would have at least a higher pain tolerance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: spud]
    #3686521 -

I consider myself to have an extremely high tolerance for pain. this, however, was enough pain to make a superhero cry in agony.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3686537 -

Quickly get a job that provides dental. Or buy some yayo and rub it in your mouth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: spud]
    #3686547 -

even if I did get a job that provides dental it would be weeks before insurance kicked in. I have to do it now..tomorrow


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: Shroomism]
    #3686565 -

Option B then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: pain... oh wretched horrible pain [Re: spud]
    #3686566 -

:smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shady Dentists
( 1 2 3 all )
Boom 7,762 59 04/24/11 11:23 AM
by dshow
* The Shroomism Fund - Free Shroomism!
( 1 2 3 all )
geokillsA 8,409 57 10/29/04 11:12 AM
by Lightningfractal
* Shroomism just got ARRESTED
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Adamist 15,638 154 10/28/04 10:37 AM
by AbstractHarmonix
* The April 2005 Interview with non other than Shroomism...
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 6,451 34 04/05/05 10:58 AM
by In(di)go
* HORRIBLE NEWS!!!! IT CAN'T BE!!
( 1 2 3 all )
Kinderfeld 3,602 41 12/09/04 06:46 PM
by kaiowas
* LightningFractal
( 1 2 3 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 6,062 50 05/10/06 05:15 PM
by Microcosmatrix
* Help - in terrible pain
( 1 2 3 all )
Delyrium 5,342 48 11/24/03 08:05 AM
by chinacat72
* Hey pub what's up (LNC Shroomism styleez)
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,983 54 11/26/05 02:43 AM
by Mcdoopy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,349 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.