Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Freezing and general advice
    #368255 -

I've just started growing P.Cubensis and I'm only at the jars stage.What I was wondering is if they freeze well as a storage option?I've frozen Liberty Caps (from fresh) that I've picked and it seemed that they retained their potency better then drying them,but none of the sites mention it.As all my experience of shrooms is only of Liberty Caps I thought I had better get the opinions of folk who (hopefully) know the breed better than I do.I'm working with Golden Teacher spores and I'm using the Shroomwizard's grow guide as it seems the most accessable to the beginner.Any advice gratefully recieved.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Freezing and general advice [Re: Thefamousdog]
    #368259 -

I've heard of freezing them, but AFTER they were dried...
Just dry them the normal way, their potency will stay good for a long time this way as well...
There's a dry ice tek here, but it's not exactly "freezing"... Co2 drying

LEGALIZE...


--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Freezing and general advice [Re: Shiznitz]
    #368268 -

Thanks Shiz-I've got "expectant father syndrome"and I want to do the best for my little babies to be!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Freezing and general advice [Re: Thefamousdog]
    #368333 -

i read something about freezing them that said that it causes certain cells to expand and break open - oxidizing all the alkaloids...

Meep Meep!! Ali G's Funky Yardie!!
Try my website : Closet Masturbation


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Freezing and general advice [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #368351 -

Do not freeze fresh mushrooms! Here is a good explaination why not to freeze. Basically you will end up with nasty slime when they thaw.



--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Freezing and general advice [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #368366 -

i agree with the blue meanie, fresh frost cubes (or subcubes) get spoiled at all. next day the tea and everything have the same taste and everything, it just doesnt work. perhaps after _really well dried_ ...


i hate wit sigs / if anything i say has something in common with reality, this is a merely a coincidence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: First Time Grower.. need some advice ralphster44 1,252 8 03/30/01 07:11 AM
by Eddie Walker
* Growing lovestdaffodils 1,114 4 10/04/01 01:24 AM
by Anonymous
* Advice plz Toricious 867 15 09/28/03 07:25 AM
by Anonymous
* Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide Raspo 1,741 9 07/06/08 01:24 AM
by BrandNewbie
* Do they need to breath??- Need advice, please. Smirk 898 7 12/13/02 10:57 AM
by Qlop
* ShroomWizard TEK and supplies... ergot 883 7 11/03/03 10:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Re: ShroomWizard's tek Lizard King 916 4 06/22/00 05:57 AM
by Anno
* Anyone ever use ShroomWizards method? ELESDEE 927 4 12/16/01 03:38 PM
by Jammer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,135 topic views. 12 members, 68 guests and 196 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.