Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: ShroomWizard's tek
    #20518 - 06/14/00 01:01 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Worked great for me. Many people claim its contamination prone, but thats just because they don't know how to prevent contamination. Green mold seems to cause problems for most people. This is because they think they're casing need to be near 100% humidity when it only need to be 70-80% if even that. Alot of people are scared to open the lids on their trays and fan them out. Trichoderma thrives in stale hummid air. Its important to keep the fresh air circulating. As far as yield goes, the best yield I've ever had was using his tek(4 tray with 4 cakes each cased yielded 1/4 pound dried)

Heres some pics of the first time I ever grew mushrooms. This was usings Wizards method of casing.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
Re: ShroomWizard's tek [Re: Lizard King]
    #20520 - 06/14/00 04:04 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My buddy tried this tek, and just as lizard king said, he had a big problem with green mold.
Hey lizard, I think your right, he probably was using to much water, but the soil seemed to get dry quick, is this ok? How many time do you spray it? He spayed according to the tek, two times a day, but still got contams. Any ideas would be very helpful. Also, what is a good way to know you have proper humidity, can you tell by touch? Thanks

[This message has been edited by hitterg (edited June 14, 2000).]

Anonymous

#20521 - 06/15/00 11:00 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Just e-mail Shroom Wizard he's very good at growing fruits,He can answer any question you throw at him.I never have any more problems with this green contamination thanks to the WIZ.Make sure your jars are 100% colinized,then wait about another 4 days after that so it can get stronger usally that will keep the contam.from even forming and if ti does the mycelium will be strong enough to kill it.If you get mold on top scrape it off and reply freshly new premoist soil where you scraped.Or you can spray a light mist of peroxide on top of soil this will help also.Mase sure theres no mycelium on the soil were you spray.

Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
    #20522 - 06/22/00 02:04 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

where can I get his e-mail?
Also, the jars that my buddy used had been colinizing about two weeks longer than any of the other cakes that he put in his terrarrium, They had started to pin in the jars. I know that the contam didn't start because the jars weren't ready, so my only conclusion is that it was to wet.
Anyone, any ideas??

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #20523 - 06/22/00 05:57 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Shroom Wizard?s Homepage:
http://shroomwizard.4mg.com/welcome.html

------------------
It?s easy to do without silver and gold
or even pleasures of love
but its hard to do without mushrooms.

Marcus Valerius Martialis
Roman poet

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom