Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss?
    #3578068 -

Okay, the title of this thread was just a way to get this thread past the mods.  :grin:

I have a contest for y'all.  Who ever (whom ever???) gained the most weight during the 2-week Christmas break gets an apple pie baked by me.  I make really good deep dish apple pies with crumb topping.  Really. 

So, I gained 3 pounds.  You know why?  Cookies, stuffing, cookies, green bean casserole, cookies, apple pie ( :grin: ), cookies, mashed potatoes, cookies, cafe mochas with whipped cream, cookies, and chocolate.  Did I mention cookies???

What made you feel loved this past Christmas break?  What made you feel so loved that you just had to wear it? 

(Deja vu, in writing this thread, as I remember back to last Christmas?)

How much weight did you gain???



--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Frog]
    #3578079 -

Probably from the beginning of November until now- 10 pounds *cry*

I don't have a scale (except a gram scale :grin: ) so this is not an exact number... Just like last summer, I plan to work it off mowing lawns and doing landscaping..

As far as foods that I am wearing? My favorite was the X-mas ham and rolls... And green beans, I ate a lot of ham green bean sandwiches..

Getting into desserts- I had a few wicked pecan pies this year... and the pumpkin pies at thanksgiving did not help very much..


I recently learned certain foods act on your body just like opium does.. I seriously feel a very good body buzz after a good meal, who doesn't! I am addicted * stuffs face with mash potatoes and gravy*
I'm not fat though, only borderline, lots of muscle.. damn the holidays! I was supposed to stay in shape this winter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3578100 -

2Experimental said:
Probably from the beginning of November until now- 10 pounds *cry*



:lol:

Quote:
I don't have a scale (except a gram scale :grin: ) so this is not an exact number... Just like last summer, I plan to work it off mowing lawns and doing landscaping..



Sigh.  I wish I had the motivation to go back to cleaning houses, which is what I did while I went through school.  Cleaning houses kept me lean and trim.  No holiday could slide a pound past me! 

Quote:
As far as foods that I am wearing? My favorite was the X-mas ham and rolls... And green beans, I ate a lot of ham green bean sandwiches..



:lol:

Quote:
Getting into desserts- I had a few wicked pecan pies this year... and the pumpkin pies at thanksgiving did not help very much..



I love pecan pies!  I just can't pronounce "pecan" the way they do in the south, hence, I am a "yank".  :grin:  We bought a store-made pecan pie.  It just wasn't the same as home-made, but I'm wearin' it just the same, tyvm.  :grin: 

Quote:
I recently learned certain foods act on your body just like opium does.. I seriously feel a very good body buzz after a good meal, who doesn't! I am addicted * stuffs face with mash potatoes and gravy*



:lol:

Quote:
I'm not fat though, only borderline, lots of muscle.. damn the holidays! I was supposed to stay in shape this winter.



Okay, I hit the gym this morning at 5:30 a.m.  Everyone, follow me!  To the gym!!  :grin:


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Frog]
    #3578117 -

Quote:
Sigh. I wish I had the motivation to go back to cleaning houses, which is what I did while I went through school. Cleaning houses kept me lean and trim. No holiday could slide a pound past me!



That is what I love about my part time lawn job.. money is my motivation, and staying in shape.. Once I get into a habit, I feel like if I do not work out I would explode with unburned energy


Quote:
I just can't pronounce "pecan" the way they do in the south, hence, I am a "yank".



Peekahn, is how we say it down hurr in tha deep surth. Yous yankees and your tailfeathers- :grin:

Quote:
Okay, I hit the gym this morning at 5:30 a.m. Everyone, follow me! To the gym


I canceled my membership to YMCA a few months ago since I was staying in shape without it.. I am getting motivated to go back though, it is so hard!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Frog]
    #3578118 -

nice talking with you this evening.. I am out for the night :grin: :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3578122 -

2Ex, you are cool, as always.  :heart:


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Frog]
    #3579772 -

i gained 364 lbs and 9 ounces, all from ham...(mmmmm...ham)
and apple pie...(mmmmm...apple pie)
i win! give me the pie!


--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Frog]
    #3579890 -

well the last day of holidays was new years eve, and the last time i measured myself was new years day, after i got back from the rave. i lost 5-10 pounds from my preholiday wieght, probably mostly from 29 hours of partying .


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3580635 -

dopamine ; )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Frog]
    #3581034 -

I didn't gain any weight, but that's only because I lost muscle :frown:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: jux]
    #3583782 -

My GF makes the best desserts. Whatever I gained is her fault!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: liaison]
    #3584749 -

I went from 132 - 142 and now I am going back down (138) with salad sardines and crackers.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3585484 -

I've been working so much since I came back from Houston that I've already lost my 3 pounds. 

Sardines and cracker diet, huh?  Anyone kissing you after you eat those?  :grin:


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: Frog]
    #3585622 -

I did not eat much ove rthe holidays, but I may have gained from sitting on my ass so much. Do not think I am regreting it, I enjoyed the rest. Being back at work with staff meals kicks ass. Munched on pork tenderloin and pretty good salad, and we also had pasta and some random vegetable dish. Our pastry section left early so we did not have desert, their chocolate torts kick ass.

Sorry im hungry right now, lost my point. Did I have a point.

Either way, work gains fat for me, but muscle as well, I do not believe I won contest, dont feel I gain so much, maybe 5 lbs.

Thats my ballot. Oh and I make best apple pie, or maybe my ego does.

have a safe journey through life,
Chef

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What about FOOD makes you feel the eternal bliss? [Re: franco_on]
    #3585653 -

no kissing and I'm mad all the time too


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* eternity louco 848 12 01/07/03 08:55 AM
by louco
* Merely a function of our chemical make up.
( 1 2 all )
chemkid 3,657 27 09/24/02 09:28 AM
by Albino_Jesus
* If you feel like you're goin insane... Grav 1,749 19 09/22/02 09:52 PM
by Grav
* anyone feeling dark lately?
( 1 2 3 all )
Zero7a1 6,750 50 12/21/02 05:16 AM
by Zero7a1
* the secret of Christmas spud 1,261 5 12/24/02 02:18 PM
by spud
* Eternal Self Adamist 575 1 08/12/02 04:12 PM
by thePatient
* ignorant bliss or an enlightned nightmare ?
( 1 2 all )
lucid 2,881 26 05/28/03 11:56 AM
by atomikfunksoldier
* thanksgiving LoverofEarth 1,048 14 11/15/02 03:59 PM
by FreakQlibrium

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
500 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.