Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestrang

mist casing after 1st flush?
    #356838 - 07/18/01 03:12 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

what should i do to my casing after its first flush? do i need to mist? there is plenty of moisture in the grow chamber, and the other casing in with it has just started to fruit... thanks all. this is my first time ever casing and it worked out great.... the question is what to do next.... thanks all who helped me with my first run...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
Re: mist casing after 1st flush? [Re: strang]
    #356840 - 07/18/01 03:28 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Just did the same thing and this is what I did. Replaced areas where I pulled out the shrooms with more casing material (basically another thin layer over the whole surface) then put it in a container which i leave in the dark while the mycelium breaks through the casing again. My question "is it better to do this with or without perlite?"
No misting though as long as your chamber has adequate humidity, you may want to mist the sides though if there isnt any moisture on them.

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: mist casing after 1st flush? [Re: strang]
    #356851 - 07/18/01 04:14 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Mist lightly, once daily. Stop as soon as you see new pins.

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Re: mist casing after 1st flush? [Re: puscle]
    #356922 - 07/18/01 06:54 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Mist what daily, the casing or the chamber? Ive heard you dont mist the casing directly, doesnt the casing have enough of its own moisture?

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: mist casing after 1st flush? [Re: Billyblastoff]
    #357050 - 07/18/01 11:06 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

You seem to lack some casing basics.
Read

"What's the matter with my casing?",

50/50 Casing Tek and

TMC: CHAPTER VIII THE CASING LAYER

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Re: mist casing after 1st flush? [Re: Anno]
    #357286 - 07/19/01 11:40 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Seems I was a bit "confuuuuuuused" about vegetative growth. I was under the impression that it should pretty much overtake the casing before initiating pinning though you should only be able to see it "start" to poke through. Still why the misting if your casing and using perlite? Your link "whats wrong.." does say that moisture should come from the casing and over humidity will promote vegetative growth, whats the deal there? Where is the line drawn between sufficient humidity and over? I have a digital thermom and its always between 96-98 even though there is no moisture on sides of chamber thats why I sometimes mist the sides when things are "looking" alittle dry otherwise I wouldnt do anything. Thanx for the reminder that casing isnt as simple as I was starting to think it was..lol

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: mist casing after 1st flush? [Re: Billyblastoff]
    #357302 - 07/19/01 12:17 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

> Still why the misting if your casing and using perlite?
You shoudn?t need using perlite with casing.
There are 2 different moisture requirement periods in the fruiting cycle:
before pinning(95-100%RH) and one after pinning.(85-90%).
Read P. cubensis Growth Parameters .

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds