Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegrowin
addict
decorating with mushrooms
    #3503002 - 12/15/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

have anyone thought about selling mushrooms as a decoration?
puting colonised substrate in some nice container.
i know its just a ready to fruit grow kit, but its trageting a much wider range of people. it can be a great gift and just a great thing to put in your room.

i thought about starting with bottels. they are easy to paint on and can be corcked.
the buyer only needs to open the corck. i guess a jar will do just as well.

also possible to use a pvc pipe (also easy to paint on) with holes (corcked).
the buyer only needs to open the holes. this pipe could also be hanged, making it more decorative.
also with the pvc pipe, u can make a barrier and put several species in it.

also possible to just use a plastic bag and somehow decorate it nicly. the buyer will only need to punch holes.

its also possible to use water with food color making all kind of crazy combinations.
probably a white mushrooms such as king oyster will be best for this idea.

also, glowing mushrooms in transperant containers can be astounding.

do u think humidety will be high enough for fruits if only spraied about once a day, since the substrate is enclosed?
what species do u think will do best?
any thoughts?

just an idea...

Edited by growin (12/15/04 10:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: decorating with mushrooms [Re: growin]
    #3503147 - 12/15/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a pretty cool idea to me. I think they would make good additions to the home, much like people use plants for decoration.
There is a kit similar to what you described on the fungi perfecti site, it is a clear enclosed tube containing a culture. The description of that kit says to just spray with water twice a day or so and that's pretty much all of the work needed. I would assume that this method would only work with certain species but it can be done with some at least.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: decorating with mushrooms [Re: growin]
    #3503152 - 12/15/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't really know about humidity, where I live is enough in open air... But I've thought of this possibility before, specially with bio-luminescent mushrooms. It would be very neat!

Maybe a casing inside a microbox painted to the casing layer would be the best way, they'll just have to open it and let them grow.

I'll try to do it with a casing I was planing today and give it to my g/f. Let's see if it works, I'll keep you updated.

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: decorating with mushrooms [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3513716 - 12/17/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've also though about this. My main reasons for growing reishi mushies are: Medicinal properties, love of mushrooms, I like to grow things, I think it looks strange, and want it to be a decoration that people will notice and ask about. I'd be more than happy to give people a better idea about mushrooms and their benefits.

I'd always thought it would be nice if a company or two would sell some jars that were really wide w/ maybe a 8" diameter. You could just ship it with a mycobag (or something similar), so that when the substrate fully colonizes, you could just put verm. inside the jar and case it straight to a classy-looking, neat, clear jar instead of a plastic tub or whatever less aesthetically pleasing medium most people choose.

--------------------

Offlinegrowin
addict
Re: decorating with mushrooms [Re: PoC]
    #3520043 - 12/19/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

exectly. i think it can be a hit. i thoguht putting them in a nice vase and sell it to nurseries. every mom will be proud of her original vase of mushrooms on her kitchen table.
and thought about putting them in a more cheep container, such as a pvc pipe and decorate it more 'hip'  and sell it downtown at a art market. everybody likes shrooms.

so ill start working on this idea soon enough...  :thumbup:

InvisibleSpeeker

Re: decorating with mushrooms [Re: PoC]
    #3523742 - 12/20/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: decorating with mushrooms [Re: Speeker]
    #3525894 - 12/20/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Reishi and other woody mushrooms whose fruitbodies grow over a period of several weeks to months would be prime candidates for decorative use.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: decorating with mushrooms [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3550197 - 12/27/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Reishi or hygrocybe conica for its beautiful colors... although that may be dangerous if you have little kids and pets.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate