Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblehellbender

Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?!
    #3474763 - 12/10/04 03:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hello, Shroomery! Ok, I feel pretty stupid about this, but I got sick of waiting for my second taste of salvia to arrive (10 days since it was supposedly shipped), so I called up an out-of-town headshop (local ones have been shut down) and asked if they carried it. I was surprised they said yes. $40/gm for 20x. Well, a rip-off I thought, but not a major one. So I drove the 50+ miles and made the purchase.

Keep in mind that I've been buying stuff there infrequently since about 1989. My first head shop ever. It's withstood the test of time in that crap town, so I was somewhat inclined toward trust. They had straight leaf and 20x behind the counter as well as "brand name" pre-packaged 10x on display ($79/gm!) which he warned me off of as "they want me to sell you that when you can buy this double power stuff for half the price." So I fork over the cash like a moron.

I was surprised when he started giving me instructions on smoking the stuff. "Keep the flame on it, hold it in a long time", so I thought maybe I'd lucked out after all, but as I was leaving, he told me I wouldn't really get a "buzz" from it alone. However, some of his customers had reported success using his nitrous products along with it. Yeah... right. I got back to my car and checked it out. It smelled like a combination of tea leaves and horse stable. Nothing like the almost odorless 5x standardized I'd had before. I was getting anxious about my purchase and had a long drive back before I could be sure.

I sampled a small pinch when I got home and felt perhaps Level 1 effects. OK, at least there's something going on and it did taste like salvia. A while later, two large pinches... better, but still very mild. I'm getting pissed. I say screw it, pack the bowl to the brim and take 4 hits in a row and and only reach a low Level 3. Very mad with myself at this point, but I get over it.

Well about 30-45 minutes later, I start feeling really cold. I'd had a bourbon or two since then and a bowl of weed, but nothing out of the ordinary. I kept getting colder and colder to the point of chattering teeth and I had to lie down. I felt like throwing up once or twice over the next hour or so and my heart was beating very rapidly the whole time. It was almost like I was getting the flu, but I woke up feeling fine the next day.

So I'm wondering if anyone thinks this was a result of whatever I smoked. I'm sure there was salvia in there somewhere, but this was definitely not real 20x. Should I just cut my losses and toss the stuff or hold on to it and assume the bad effects were the result of something else and try again?

(Moral: My legit 10x finally arrived the next day, of course. Patience is a virtue. I've yet to learn it, but damn that's slow shipping. Also... don't buy salvia from headshops!)

Edited by hellbender (12/10/04 03:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: hellbender]
    #3474794 - 12/10/04 03:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bummer!! You expect illegal drugs to be substandard, not the other way round!
Hope your'e feeling better now.

--------------------
LURK

Invisiblehellbender

Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: Loosifa]
    #3474843 - 12/10/04 04:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Feeling much better, thanks. And at least the 10x seems to be the real deal.

Edited by hellbender (12/10/04 04:24 AM)

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3474862 - 12/10/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

1 hit (if not 4) of 20x extract is probably enough to send you to another world so I doubt the 20x extract was really 20x.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3474878 - 12/10/04 04:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You sound fairly experienced with Salvia, but I still gotta ask...how many times have you smoked it before? Because reverse tolerance is always possible, which would explain the pathetic lack of effects.

As for the flu-like symptoms: perhaps a 12-hour bug? perhaps placebo? perhaps even a Salvia-induced hallucination?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblehellbender

Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: dblaney]
    #3474913 - 12/10/04 05:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, it was only last month I tried salvia for the first time, though I'd been vaguely aware of it for a couple of years before. I didn't have very high expectations of it, but have been pleasantly surprised so far (8 or 9 times total). This bunk stuff is what I'm worried about though. I don't think salvia could have produced anything like those side-effects, especially so long after I smoked it.

Edited by hellbender (12/10/04 06:14 AM)

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #3480479 - 12/11/04 02:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Make your own extract. That way you know the potency. I bought a pound of salvia of the net for $85 and made some good stuff. Use a blender to chop up the leaf, do three extracts in acetone or isopropyl alcohol, add the extracts to a chosen amount of leaf, and dry the liquid on the leaves. Salvia lost its original appeal to me but I like to try it with other substances and introducing it to new people. Sorry for the bunk crap though. Can't believe the prices the stuff goes for especially for a low quality.

OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: lonebuddha]
    #3480557 - 12/11/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Salvia has NEVER given me effects like those, however, simply a hit of 5x blows me away. But as far as what you were smoking... if it tasted like salvia, there probably was some salvia in it, but are you sure it is not some mixture? The only time I've known salvia to smell like much is after I've smoked it. Sorry about that. I buy my salvia from a local smoke shop called Roxxi's and I buy for about $11/gram of 5k and about $20 for a g of 10x. Not bad prices if you ask me. Head shops do try to rip you off though. I've seen ridiculous prices on 10x... live and learn, I guess.

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3481107 - 12/11/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm... I have to chime in on this, just because I find it.. well, odd.

I have never used Salvia... but last night I smoked a bong load of weed for the first time in about 5 days, got REALLY REALLY high... I started getting these strange feelings in my intestines (I have some strange intestinal problem, lots of bloating and gas, unknown cause thus far) and then the spots that "hurt" started to feel really cold or really hot. I started to think I might be bleeding internally when I felt that... then I started getting really cold... then colder. Then I was shivering. I ended up lying down and having what felt like a psychologically induced near death experience... before I could calm down, I had to come to a complete acception of the idea that I might not wake up in the morning. All along I felt like I was tripping my balls off. Which, in turn, made me feel even more that I might actually be dying, since the effects seemed way too intense to just be the pot.

I have never experienced something like this on pot before.

Offlinerunnerup
student

Loc: USA
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3482281 - 12/11/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have never taken Salvia divinorium for psychedelic effects but I conduct a lot of research on the plant. I can pass this wise info on to you.

Salvia cannot be smoked like cannabis sativa. If you are to smoke salvia divinorium to get good effects you will need to smoke a whole gram in a gravity bong in one toke and hold it in.

hard to do, but it is the only way you are going to get major effects.

Best way to start you first salvia divinorium effect is to take it fresh. Buy a plant. You could of bought plants instead of buying that gram of crap and saved money and make an investment.

Oral use of the plant fresh can be more powerful then any mega-ultra 10, 20, 40X extract if done right.

Edited by runnerup (12/12/04 01:22 AM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: runnerup]
    #3482412 - 12/11/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know what kind of bunk BS you got.. A whole fucking gram of 20x in a gravity bong????? Yeah OK.. Obviously it is BUNK or plain leaf if you can't take 1 hit off of it and get CRAZY effects. 1 normal hit (just like i was smoking a bowl of bud) of Iamshaman's 5x sent me off to an extremely intense la-la land. The 10x was even more insane.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Invisiblehellbender

Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3484881 - 12/12/04 12:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well, the original 5x I'd ordered online kicked my ass and I'm sure this good 10x is capable of sending me to hitherto unknown realms, based on a couple of experiments so far. As for the "20x", I'd thought about extracting it but don't know if it'd be worth it with such a small amount. I'd equate it to about a gram of plain leaf, maybe a little stronger. Wouldn't I also pull through undesireables if there were any?

It crossed my mind that maybe they'd bulked it up with tobacco. I imagine that 4 hits like that of mostly tobacco could produce some similar effects, but wouldn't they have been more immediate? Also, you'd think that a large hit would be too harsh to hold in that long and would be immediately noticable as not pure salvia at least.

Offlinerunnerup
student

Loc: USA
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3484935 - 12/12/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i never said 20x gram in a gravy bong. You must of misunderstood my post.

just a gram of salvia.d

And that info came from a well respected source, I would not post it if I thought it was questionable. I do not beleive it is "bunk"

I am glad 5x sent you to la la land. =P

I also here that oral use is more powerful and controling trip then smoking. Anyone have any experiance with using it orally?

Edited by runnerup (12/12/04 01:23 AM)

Offlinemescal
shroomologist

Loc: Austral Island
    #3485257 - 12/12/04 04:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hellbender-don't underestimate sally's dislike for alcohol I wouldn't consider having ANY on the same day as meeting her.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: mescal]
    #3485261 - 12/12/04 04:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'd also like to hear more about oral effects...

--------------------
]

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: Wysefool]
    #3486153 - 12/12/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

jacques my freind i believe you had yourself some pcp, no fun there, and as for the extract it was probably just bunk self made by an inexperienced headshop owner, maybe there was pcp in it?

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Invisiblehellbender

#3489088 - 12/13/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wondered if the alcohol might have had some hand in the negative effects. Couldn't have helped at least. I usually avoid it altogether when any sort of psychedelic is involved, but I'd become a bit too anxious at that point and wanted a quick fix.

Offlinemescal
shroomologist

Loc: Austral Island
    #3501098 - 12/14/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it's all been too well documented by psychonaughts how She hates the grog.
She'll tell you straight to your face,if she lets you in.I smoked 3 bowls of standard leaf a few years back after a couple of beers and boy did I get a clear message!
The words were "we don't like people like you around here" and I knew exactly what she meant with no doubts.Then I was dumped back on earth.
Shame I can't repeat the experience now it's illegal here.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3503124 - 12/15/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst headache of my life after my first breakthrough on salvia. Actually, it was so bad it was the headache that woke me up. I think it was worse than the worst migraine I've ever had. I've never had anything like that happen before, so I'm sure it was the salvia.

I was brave enough to try sally twice after that, the next time had a headache not nearly as bad & the third time I think there was minor pain I slept through.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Headshop Salvia - what the HELL was I smoking?! [Re: Tantalus]
    #3524623 - 12/20/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what about mixing marijuana and salvia? I was gonna try smoking a bowl of herb and then following that with 5x and 10x. Anyone get any positive results from this?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate