Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Hard drive installation issue. Help please!
    #3419175 - 11/28/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I recently took my upstairs computer's hard drive (which has my OS, all my documents, music, etc. on it) and put it in our Emachines in the basement so I could quickly copy over everything from my upstairs HD to the basement's HD. When I hooked everything up and it was showing up in My Computer, whenever I tried going into Documents and Settings then to my account it said "Access denied, blah blah the disk may be full or write protected." Does anyone know why this is? I know it's not write protected, because when it's in my normal upstairs PC it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleandjor
Stranger
Loc: Here
Re: Hard drive installation issue. Help please! [Re: ImOver18]
    #3419235 - 11/28/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think it's because it has the OS on it and it sees different equipment (network cards/harddrives/etc) so it is protecting the drive by not allowing writing.
Are you booting to the drive you moved or to the emachine's os?

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Hard drive installation issue. Help please! [Re: andjor]
    #3419618 - 11/28/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

andjor: I'm booting to the Emachines OS and just going into My Computer and into the "new" drive.

pokesmot: I right clicked the Documents and Settings folder and went to Sharing and Security and then into Advanced. There weren't any options however to grant permission to anyone. So I tried the command prompt and I got

is that all I had to do? Or is there something more I should do in command prompt? Thank you!

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3419979 - 11/28/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you dont have to do all that hibba jib jabba poke smot mentioned, although it will work.  if u just download some of that hdd information retreiver software (app that basically undeletes information) you should be cool.  i got a bunch of stuff that was on my old (and unaccessible) hdd with strict security permissions with "stellar phoenix fat and ntfs"  best part is there is a crack for it on the net  :thumbup: :grin:

this sounds like an advertisement, im sorry.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Hard drive installation issue. Help please! [Re: amyloid]
    #3420055 - 11/28/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

amyloid: I really don't know what you're talking about. Where can I get this software? I'd find the crack myself, I just don't even know the name of the software you're talking about. Or is it "Stellar Phoenix Fat and NTFS"? Thanks

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3421098 - 11/28/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I doubt you need access to the fold. It should just work.

When you right click on your account folder in documents and settings, does it say it's read only?

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Hard drive installation issue. Help please! [Re: Worf]
    #3423614 - 11/29/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

outputrotation: Yeah it says read only. And when I uncheck it and hit apply, it brings up a window asking me to change the attributes of the folders and subfolders and if I hit Ok it says 14 minutes until finished but the bar never moves after it gets to a certain point.

poke smot!: I've got the Administrator account, it's the only account on my PC.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3429091 - 11/30/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yes that is the name of the software... kinda stupid name if u ask me. i think pheonix is the name of the software and its for the nt and fat fs.

HERE is 6,650 links from google. www.stellarinfo.com i think is the actual vendor.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Hard drive installation issue. Help please! [Re: amyloid]
    #3455749 - 12/06/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have run into this exact SAME problem, hopefully smots command will work for me....I shall return with news. :smirk:

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies