Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
P. Pelliculosa VS Conocybes tenera
    #3371388 -

Is there a way to visually distinguish between the species Psilocybe Pelliculosa (an active) and Conocybes Tenera (poisonous)?

I understand that the Pellis will have a purplish/brown spore print and the Tenera will be white. But these species look so close in the field I was looking for a way of telling before I waste my time picking a bunch only to have to throw them out....

I'm picking here in Washington State, Olympia area. Finding these guys in some grass as well as on the side of old logging roads. My camera took a nasty spill else I would post some pics.

Thanks and Be Well!......


--------------------
Wonder and awe at the universe is a product of observation and analysis. Fear and uncertainty a product of relying on comfortable beliefs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Pelliculosa VS Conocybes tenera [Re: SpiritualAtheist]
    #3371427 -

they can be hard. I guess the best way to tell them apart IS the sporeprint... other than that field exeperience would be a good way. most of the teneras also stick with mostly orange color while pelliculosas don't always.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Pelliculosa VS Conocybes tenera [Re: SpiritualAtheist]
    #3373846 -

Well the spore print is definitely very brown. But not purplish brown. I think that eliminates Conocybes Tenera, but I'm not sure it validates Pellis either.....  any thoughts?

BTW Thanks, Evan for the prior response :wink:


--------------------
Wonder and awe at the universe is a product of observation and analysis. Fear and uncertainty a product of relying on comfortable beliefs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
You Idiot! [Re: SpiritualAtheist]
    #3373890 -

Hey buddy, did you just fall off of the turnip wagon or what?

C. Tenera has a rusty brown spore print

Pellis have the purple brown print.

So I would say you DO have Teneras there. You mongoose!

....hey wait...... thats me I'm talkiing about.

Man I'm confused.

At least I didn't eat the CT's


;(


--------------------
Wonder and awe at the universe is a product of observation and analysis. Fear and uncertainty a product of relying on comfortable beliefs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: You Idiot! [Re: SpiritualAtheist]
    #3374434 -

did somebody delete a post or are you talking to yourself>?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: You Idiot! [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3374635 -

Talking to myself Evan. Thought I made that point but apparently not. Thanks for checking in!


--------------------
Wonder and awe at the universe is a product of observation and analysis. Fear and uncertainty a product of relying on comfortable beliefs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Pelliculosa VS Conocybes tenera [Re: SpiritualAtheist]
    #3374809 -

Conocybe teneras so do not resemble P. pelliculosa in any way except their conical like caps. And even those have differences in them which distinguish the one genera fromthe other. And their physiology is completely different.

Mj, While @acro and i photogrpahed a few cOncybe species last fall int he clear cuts and P. pelliculosa, they do not resemble one another.
And the only poisonous deadly Conocybe is conocybe filaris which ahs the same amatoxins as the deadly Amanitas and galerinas.

Go to the following pages at my site for P. pelliculosa images.

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species38.htm


mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Pelliculosa VS Conocybes tenera [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3374974 -

I could see that while out searching a newbie could have problems:

http://houby.humlak.cz/big/cepicatka_utla_3.jpg
http://www.mushroomjohn.com/peliculosa%209.jpg

I do agree with you on some aspects of their appearance, just not all. Also not all of the same mushrooms look alike, depends on location and current conditions. Every weilii patch I go to they look different.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Conocybe tenera -- 2 Pics GGreatOne234 2,550 3 03/23/08 06:33 PM
by weiliiiiiii
* Psilocybe pelliculosa or not? lurkre 2,235 8 06/13/07 11:59 PM
by Alan Rockefeller
* ...pelliculosa?
( 1 2 all )
fung_us_among_us 4,168 28 12/29/03 10:14 PM
by Joshua
* Concybe tenera? RebelSteve33 711 5 06/06/10 10:09 PM
by caphillkid
* WOW blueing Conocybe cyanopus confirmed!!! update jan 26 2011 microscopy by Alan added!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
psylosymonreturns 11,165 80 01/29/11 05:50 PM
by sporeRider
* Possibly Panaeolus foenisecii and Conocybe kuehneriana ? astraalialma 14,173 8 07/28/05 08:28 AM
by dmgc4
* 2 types of conocybes ,1 likes the lettuce patch! psylosymonreturns 556 3 07/21/10 07:21 PM
by psylosymonreturns
* CONOCYBE SMITHII - WI 2010 :)))
( 1 2 all )
sporeRider 4,505 38 08/01/10 04:24 PM
by paradise

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,692 topic views. 1 members, 12 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.