Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Petri Dish, Potato Dextrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
The <ushroom Habitat of Ban hua Thanon, Koh Samui
    #3372084 - 11/17/04 01:19 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Okay, this is kinda hard to explaine becasue these rice paddies are so vast that they stretch across the southwest portion of Koh Samui from Ban Hua thanon to the elephant Gate region of Ban Saket and Ban Plang Ka.

The arrow in red points to full size images over in distance the length of this vast rice paddie with thousands of square paddies all interconnected and part of ban Hua Thanon. This is where the banu Hua Thanon (BHT) strain sold by the Hawkseye site originated from, as did Myco-T's Thai 3 strain and the Koh Samui Strain.

Those strains were develpoed from cloning the largest pin which grew in the petri plate in PDA.

AS I mentioned abouve. This full p;icture is only one third of the image which extends frm the right of the picture to the far left and then two more size photos over.

This is just one field out of about 20 that I frequent while going around the island, only this one is just in one corner of the island.

Here is the image from a mountain hike I took to heklp lose some weight while inn Thailand.

Below here is a map of Koh Samui. The area with the red x in it is the fileld of Ban Hua Thanon, which includes little communities and villages around the road running around the X. I have many muslim friends there, cattle tenders and rice paddie workers. Again that is just on of numeorus areas on the island where I gather my children.

Usually there are a few hundred buffalo out there in the fields but they get moved around individually to shaded areas and when it gets too hot they go up the mountain inthe coconut groves which cover the whole of the green parts of the island. They use to ship 3 million coconuts a month to Bangkok for Copra.

Now about haldf that becasue they leep cutting coconut trees down to build more bungalos for the tourists.

mj

Mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The <ushroom Habitat of Ban hua Thanon, Koh Samui [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3373855 - 11/17/04 01:50 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

will you adopt me, and take me with you, all around the world, and play catch with me.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: The <ushroom Habitat of Ban hua Thanon, Koh Samui [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3376072 - 11/17/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

looks like heaven to me

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Petri Dish, Potato Dextrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification