Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Rice Paddie habitats of Koh Samui 4: Na Muang
    #2601734 - 04/25/04 07:06 PM (13 years, 9 hours ago)

Most of these were photogreaphed in a new field hidden from the highway by about a 1/4 mile of trees. Foudn a sideroad into it.

Here are a few images o from the field, I also photographed some images near the Na Muang Buffalo Arena fatrther down the highway which goes even farther into the interior of Na Muang and foinally extends back into the northeast part of Ban Hua Thanon paddie.

No paddie pictures, just shroomies I collected there.

and a few buffalo.
Here we have a cube in the Coconut edge of a paddie.

A Lepiota of tallness and a basket of Copelandia picked near the Bufflao Arena area of Na Muang.

Some locals in the field

A tall Lepiota

This last summer (2003) I found four Psilocybe samuiensis in the Na Muang rice-paddie. And later another four specimens at the Ban Hua Thanon field.

Here is the first one I found at Na Muang around the 3 of July or so. I took ten images and none but this one here came out of the in situ specimens. Later I was able to lay o all 8 specimens out to dry and took pictures of the freshly picked 8 shrooms

The four specimens from Na Muang of Psilocybe samuiensis. I have two prints of this one left.

A couple more of the Lepiota mushrooms

And now a few form near the Na Muang Buffalo Arena about two km down the road or so. Not sure

See next entry below.
mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinef8L
Triumph

Re: Rice Paddie habitats of Koh Samui 4: Na Muang [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2602916 - 04/26/04 12:43 AM (13 years, 3 hours ago)

MJ, do you worry about snakes in Thailand while going through the fields? I was in Thailand this summer, and I really didnt want to go wadding through the marshland for fear of the snakes.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Rice Paddie habitats of Koh Samui 4: Na Muang [Re: f8L]
    #2603734 - 04/26/04 06:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

First I know better to wander in marshlands. I go in rice paddies and a lot of swampy areas.

OInly been bit by a Cobra once in over twenty years.

Normally they stand up to see who is in their path. They only want to go the way they are heading.

When you see one stand up it means go the other way or wait till he passes you by.

I have seen maybe a dozen Cobras but onlyw as biutten once by a two-footer when i stuck my toe in his hole.

mj

They are not a problem. malaria is easier to catch than a cobra.

mj

SAnd there are worst snakles than a cobra to look out for. And they also comeinto your villages and townships with no problem. Remember that is Southeast Asia. Home to many toxic snakes.

The human one sare the worst.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Rice Paddie habitats of Koh Samui 4: Na Muang [Re: f8L]
    #2603744 - 04/26/04 06:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Here is one I stuck my face towards in 1991.

He was about two and a half feet away from me

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification