Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
The Alpha Male
    #3368294 - 11/16/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have had two experiences yesterday that brought to light the subject of the alpha male that have just now brought me to start contemplating the actions of a considerable amount of humans that hold a belief in God. :shocked:

The first involves dogs. I am getting a puppy in a couple of days (Norwegian Elkhound! :laugh:), and so I decided to take a trip to the local library (reading is cool, foo' :smirk:) to get a book specifically on Norsk Elghunds, as well as some other books on dogs. One, How To Speak Dog, by a psychologist known as Stanley Coren, got into a story of a family that owned a rotteweiler. The husband expected the dog to be a powerful brute, and trained him, a bit harshly, accordingly. When the husband was not around, the dog would, as the wife thought, act overwhelmingly affectionate with her, which was bothersome to her and upsetting to the husband, who expected his dog to be tough and fierce.

The author visited the home when her husband was not around to investigate. As the considerably small wife was sitting on the couch, the muscular, heavy rottweiler (Bluto :lol:) would place his paw on her knee, and the wife would stroke his head. Then Bluto jumped onto the sofa, besides her, and the wife slid down a little to make more room for both of them. Bluto would glance occasionally at the author, but would mostly stare at the wife, directly in the eye, and she would therefore stroke the side of his face. Then Bluto would lean his weight on her, and the wife would shift her position so he wasn't putting so much pressure on her. The dog would continue to do this, until the wife was forced to the end of the couch, which she would then stand up.

The wife, not really understanding how dogs communicate, assumed that Bluto looked to her for continous love and affection, considering the way the husband treated him. She asked the author if there was a way they could train the dog to be less dependant on her and more confident and independant (:lol:).

Quote:

Instead, Bluto was saying, "I am of higher status than you are. When the leader of the pack (Vincent) is away, then I'm in charge, and you will give way to me and respond to my needs."

The signs of dominance were all quite readable. A dog who puts his paw on a human's knee is often expressing dominance over that human in the same way that a wolf will put his paw or head over the shoulder of another wolf to demonstrate that he is of higher status. Bluto's staring directly into Josephine's eyes is a classic dominance and threat gesture, designed to to produce pacifying responses in other pack members. Josephine was accepting his dominance by stroking the side of his face, in the same way that a wolf of lower dominance might lick the face of a higher-status dog. Finally, his leaning behaviour was designed to make the small woman give way. Pack leaders can occupy any part of their territory they desire and can sit or sleep where they want to. Lower-ranking members of the pack move away to permit this, thus accepting the other animal's dominance. In other words, everything Bluto was "saying" pointed to "I'm boss", and everything that Josephine was "saying" was "Yes, I humbly accept your authority."

:grin:

The second involves a conversation I was having with a co-worker last night. We were discussing a couple of new managers, and he said he can sense one of them had the "I'm better than you, I'm right, do as I say" attitude to them. He went on to say that he could sense when people, usually cops or managers, people with some sort of authority, carry with them a "seniority complex" (as opposed to a Senority complex, which is what I accidentally typed - perhaps THAT only exists in Hispanics...  :rolleyes:). He then said that if you watch a manager walk into a break room, and if they immediately scan the room and make eye contact with everyone there, then that is usually a sure sign of it, and this is done to assert their power, let everyone know their superior was present, etc. etc. etc... which, of course, made me think of what I was reading earlier. :wink:

A n y w a y s. Consider how people believing in the external, Christian God act. They fear their God and His dominance. They express belief that everything is God's, and that His Will is ultimate and true. They perceive their God as being overwhelmingly passionate and loving with them. In the absence of their God (as he is way the hell up there!), they themselves become the leader of the pack while he is away, and set out to pressure others and force them to respond to their needs, God's will. etc. etc. etc.

An amusing thought, 'tis all. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: The Alpha Male [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3368327 - 11/16/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: It had occured to me a while ago that the same need for a patriarchal "alpha male" figure was what caused humanity to invent monotheism. :thumbup:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Alpha Male [Re: oceansize]
    #3368342 - 11/16/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: Welcome to the Shroomery. :wink: :mushroom2:

I spent more time expressing the two main variables that led to the thought than how the thought is based in reality, but I'm mentally and physically drained and didn't have the words to represent the concepts at the moment. *shrugs*

Someone needs to show us how the idea of (some forms of) God as some people's Alpha male, judging by their actions and beliefs, are validated. Thanks in advance. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: The Alpha Male [Re: oceansize]
    #3368422 - 11/16/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

It had occured to me a while ago that the same need for a patriarchal "alpha male" figure was what caused humanity to invent monotheism.

or perhaps rather:

('Alpha') males invented monotheism to justify their tyrannical, heirarchical social orders; thereby ensuring that a need of this order was percieved by its apparent reflection of the holy.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3368442 - 11/16/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Like S&P Lately!

Besides Emmly dropping in for a few, I'm the only female whose been writing here lately.

Two threads here had me dreaming of intruders, a guy chasing a freinds daughter trying to abduct her and me wishing I had a gun to shoot him and I woke up from it "a nightmare" feeling like crap.

I havn't had a bad dream in eons, I'm ussually flying around in higher planes where fear and bad stuff doesn't take place. I ussually look forward to dream time every night its so much fun.

I never watch viloence on TV or entertain violent thoughts. I had gone to bed wondering how a spirituality forum had so much violence in it. LOL Then I remembered , it's almost all male here. LOL

I remember when the "could you kill?" post came up, I told my husband about it and he said, "The question should be "what keeps us from killing other people?" I walked away thinking "MEN!"

I'm generalising to be sure. Yet, I realise, a lot of you guys live in another world or at least see and experience this one so differently just because of a hormone.

I want Oprah Winfrey for president next election. LOL She's built a billion dollar empire from nothing, shows she's got skills, and yet has the natural disposition for peace.

My husband knows he's a crusher, used to get in bar brawls for fun in his teens, he knows he likes violence, war head bashing fight to the death sports and domination. He wishes more women were put in the mix of peace processes and high office. He has NOOOOOOOOOO hope for this planet for as long as men are running the show. He's just real with himself and the big picture.

What do all you alpha males think about all of this? Are any of you ready to give way to a matriarchal society, or at least one with more balance or wanting it? Do you even think about it?

(I know a lot of women are crushers who like to dominate with violence and many men are gentile and peaceful) Work off the generalisation of the majority.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/16/04 11:06 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3368651 - 11/16/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

We ALL know who rules S&P.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Alpha Male [Re: Swami]
    #3368662 - 11/16/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ja, fireworks_god:mad:

*stares Swami directly in the eye*

:wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3368704 - 11/16/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

que in the music for the showdown at the OK corral..........

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Alpha Male [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3368710 - 11/16/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What showdown? Swami already rolled over and wet himself. :lol:

:grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3368718 - 11/16/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Caution: staring may lead to death or dismemberment.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3368748 - 11/16/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

periririririririoooooooooooooooo chink chink chink chink

roll the tumble weeds through the screen

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3368761 - 11/16/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bring it on!

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3368792 - 11/16/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

camera pans to jiggy, the empowered female who runs the saloon, aka bookie, taking bets for the showdown and a nervous/excited crowed

peririririririooooooooooooo chink chink chink chink

PS swam, you couldn't find one of clint Eastwood for this?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3368802 - 11/16/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Your portrait of a cowboy with a distinguished moustache is no match for Yahew, the once tribal storm god, now Omnipotent Ultimate God Of Everything. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3368808 - 11/16/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Fireworks makes a slow move for what looks like his gun.........op no it was to scratch his balls in public

swami goes for the slow draw and op no it was to scratch his ass in public.

The tension hieghtens as the alpha males face off

perirririrooooooooooooooooooooo chink chink chink chink

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3368831 - 11/16/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When I was a child I used to go to the monkey house all the time as it was free and about two blocks from my house. There was one little simian who couldn't have weighed more than six pounds who would go into an absolute rage if you stared at him. He would pace back and forth and go into a frenzy then jump on the bars with teeth bared. Had to give him credit for not being afraid of a much larger primate.

He would also try to trick you when you gave him a slice of orange or a peanut. He would wedge his arm through the bars and act as if his arm was fully extended and he was struggling to reach you. When you moved the food a litle closer, he would grab your finger and try to pull it into the cage. He was amazingly strong!

--------------------

Edited by Swami (11/16/04 02:27 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3368928 - 11/16/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3368951 - 11/16/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And Fireworks Mcgraw and Swami Wood called it a draw and went to Jiggies saloon to cash in on their bets that it would result in a draw winning BIG.

The towns people were pissed and demanded a show down. Instead Fire works Mcgraw and Swami Wood invited everyone in to the saloon, drinks on them! The towns people said "free Beer?" hell ya

and the town lived happily every after.

Send in the Bordello girls and que in the cheesy piano music.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/16/04 02:12 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3369189 - 11/16/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I changed your western alpha male name to Swami Wood. Thought it was a little more dashing! :grin:

Moonshoe McGoo just popped into my head.

Wrong 70''s show. The cat always landed on his feet. Remember Mr. Magoo?

Clint Moonshoe - that would be like a space western. I gotta go eat lunch, I'm light headed.

Wasn't any guy here going to comment on Oprah for president?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3369270 - 11/16/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Anagram:

Clint Eastwood = Old West Action

(where do I come up with these?)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder