Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
The Shroomery Newsletter
    #334089 - 06/04/01 01:37 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

So heres another cool idea, how about we have a monthly newsletter? We could have 2-3 people take care of writing up news worthy stuff related to the shroomery, maybe get Agent Cooper writing any interesting Political stuff thats been going on...

Theres lots of things we can do, gossip, humour, shroomerite meetings (like Oscilli and Hongus), upcoming events, etc....

If there is anyone interested in organizing this please let me know in this post, I will help out as well, but I can't be the main person on this, I just don't have that much free time right now......

So who's interested?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: The Shroomery Newsletter [Re: Thor]
    #334116 - 06/04/01 02:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Fucking A, I'm interested. This is the best idea I've ever heard. I'll do some writing, editing, whatever you need.

I am majoring in the Journalisn/Public Relations field of Communication. I am pretty familiar with media law, ethics, skills, and some other shit. This is the kind of thing I want to do for a living. Something like this will look great on my resume.

How far are we going to take this newsletter? I say we go all the way for the gold. We can print it and get some serious circlulation. If anyone who posts here is a printer or something that coulc cut us some breaks for partial ownership.

Let's see, and hope, that we get a good enough response to this thread to get a good staff of writers, and editors. Artists should also post here. Any prose writers, graphic creators, photographers, etc.

I think this could be huge.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #334169 - 06/04/01 03:06 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I think thats a good idea. I know that there are alot of people who are busy and don't have time to sift through posts. A newsletter is a good thought.

I don't know how I could contribute but I know I'd support it:)

Lana

Distributors of Mycological Products

http://www.MycoSupply.com

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
    #334253 - 06/04/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i would support it, but i'm a bit too busy to contribute right now. Would it be like a monthly e-letter type thing? i think that would be much easier to produce and circulate than an actual text version. you could just get a listbot account and mail it to everyone who is registered, might generate a renewed interest from those who left this place.

OfflineMOoKie
    #334542 - 06/04/01 09:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'd contribute what I could...I have plenty of free time this summer, unfortunately.

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #334847 - 06/05/01 01:39 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I suggest putting in a legal section like NORML does with their newsletter, just maybe an article/comments on mushrooms/other drugs from the government, and updates on decriminalization of drugs, i'm not being very clear what i'm trying to say...uh..
anyway i have lots of time on my hands this summer so if you need help i'll gladly contribute.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #334851 - 06/05/01 01:44 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

a gossip column... ah yesh... who will be deep throat though? (this could be really fun)!

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery Newsletter [Re: oscill8]
    #335726 - 06/05/01 11:13 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to help out with this, I too in majoring in Journalism and would be willing to write for this. I'm not sure what section i could do but i'm open to suggestions!

peace

--------------------------
I remember one party, my friend passed out drunk, we took a bowl or lukewarm water, dipped his hand into it and we urinated on him

--------------------

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #336071 - 06/06/01 10:04 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

hey U can even have a welcome place for new members somewhere in the letter...

"Out of chaos...comes order...."

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#339238 - 06/12/01 04:43 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so the poll says 19 yes's, 1 no, and 5 maybes for this idea.... I'd say people support this idea!

Doobie will be the editor, so Jenny, Wildcard, and anyone else that wants to contribute lets decide on what columns to have on the first newsletter. I'm crazy busy right now, so this is up to you good people to organize and get together some stuff.

I would love to write something, but I'm not sure what yet :tongue:

So if you people can post here your ideas for columns, layout, etc..... Please share your thoughts... Also when we get on the new server we will have the newletter on our on server, hopefully that will make things easier.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #339947 - 06/13/01 04:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

good idea, especially when you don't have the time to look to all the different forums like someone mentioned.

sucked into the vortex....

InvisiblePhobos
Re: The Shroomery Newsletter [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #341316 - 06/15/01 08:36 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a graphic designer/ Whatever you want to call it.

I'll gladly design things, maybe do some layouts.

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery Newsletter [Re: Phobos]
    #343288 - 06/18/01 02:46 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well the first step to doing this is decided what needs to be in it.
so throw in some ideas here and we can deicide who writes what later.

A rumour section
MAybe a tips and tricks section for growing shrooms?
Jokes, this way everyone can add something to it
Observastions on daily life, lots of posts about that type of thing

its whatever interests you people, so throw in some ideas and we can get the ball rolling
peace

I remember one party, my friend passed out drunk, we took a bowl or lukewarm water, dipped his hand into it and we urinated on him

--------------------

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: The Shroomery Newsletter [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #343298 - 06/18/01 03:13 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

*how about a q&a? could be about anything- people, hobby, etc... ask q's one week, answered the next? could be directed at either people answering stuff, or a general question that many people could answer... or both. one human interest one (::giggling::) and a hobby one? or more...

*perhaps some poll results of the funnier polls run here?

*a *vintage thread* of the week/month (however often the newsletter is run)? yos pulled a lot of fun posts...

*a summary of otd? (im on another bbs and one chick runs down the week's *report* in a seperate thread- a is pregnant, b just went on a trip to aruba... etc... things like that...) mundane life is entertaining when compiled for some reason

*section where some artwork, poetry could be compiled from the media forum, and some posts from otd ...

but then again- maybe some people wouldnt like their posts/etc reprinted in newsletter form?

anyways, just throwing more suggestions out there.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery Newsletter [Re: oscill8]
    #343309 - 06/18/01 03:31 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

All great ideas.... Bios on members too, people could tell us about their lives.... I understand not all would want to share everything, but a run down of their life would be cool...

I was thinking that this e-newsletter would be HTML, so we could link to the whole thread and just summarize in the actuall newletter to avoid wasting too much space...

But I think the newsletter should be focused a lot on the people who make up the community, would be cool to hear interesting news, traveling, shroomery meetings like the one that just happened at Yoschies house.... Maybe even some pictures etc....

Keep the ideas coming, and where is Mr Doobie? This is supposed to be his baby.....

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #362804 - 07/29/01 02:17 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Here I am. I'm finally ready to get serious about this. All ideas are appreciated. The first step is coming up with a staff and getting organized.

I sent pm's to everyone who said they were interested in contributing. Hopefully, I'll be able to dig up some more people. I'll post a thread in otd. Anyway, I hope to get an issue out by mid-August. This is not set in stone. The first issue will come out when it is ready, but for now, mid-August is the target.

I think this thing could be really cool.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract