Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: namesash]
    #3260026 -

Vc77, there are most certainly cases that have lasted over a month. Some people report years down the road that a trip has permanently affected their visual field. When they look at wood grain, or certain light spectrums through peripheral vision it will still give them hallucinations.

Also, shrooms do affect seratonin in the brain. That is one of the things in the brain it does effect. Just reinforcing namesash's comment on that.

My advice, read up on some of the literature on Erowid and search for LSD information on google. What namesash is talking about does exist, and is very rare. I believe him that it has happened to him, why would he come here and lie about it?

Anyway, namesash it's unfortunate that you can't partake in the use of mushrooms, but it's good to hear you are doing much better and seem to have everything in your life going the right way now after that brush with insanity. Wishin' you the best!

- Silven


--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Silven]
    #3260594 -

I have my own theories on this, it's my own so don't take it as written word.

Mushrooms, and other psychedelics open up the subconcious mind. Thoughts and actions that are normally hidden from us come to the surface. I have seen people who have had psychotic reactions to psychoactives. All of them got well again. I think some people do not realize everything that is within themselves, and when confronted with it they freak and blame the drug for the bad thoughts they were having, when it was really the drug just revealing themselves to themselves.

However, it is possible to get a bad dose, maybe infected mushrooms or some shit chemist job. What if lsd is synthesized wrong, who knows what reaction it could have? Or some natural bacteria grows on a shroom undetected. Science still does not know everything.

Personally, I think mental illness is caused by environment. Infection with unknown virus or bacteria maybe. Maybe people have a deficient gene, and some common food or substance does not break down and instead becomes toxic in them. That is far fetched but nature produces some truly bizarre and dangerous substances.

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: bittercap]
    #3261294 -

was that your first time tripping?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: vc77]
    #3261508 -

VC77 you are fulla shit.
You sound like some kind of kid who thinks he has great "connections" in the world. Hate to tell you but doctors and psych majors are a dime a dozen, everybody is after money in this world. And that part about "wanna play?" What do you need a friend?
As some other person said, you have some alright posts and I was amazed to see that those posts came out of the same mind as this childish one you are exhibiting in this post. Stop trying to show off and make your posts count. It looks you have been brainwashed by the druggies much the way most people are brainwashed by the government and DARE that drugs are horrible and evil. You just seem to have the oppostie bent, that drugs can't hurt someone in a seriously psychological way. You also pay too much attention to labels. You are caught in the world of symbols, go trip and maybe you can give a half decent post instead of a childish rant about how you think this guy is lying.


--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: mecreateme]
    #3261627 -

Mecreateme, you don't know me.

You guys have failed to read before writing.

If you carefully observe the contents of this post you will see him state that he was professionally diagnosed with DRUG INDUCED PSYCHOSIS.

It kind of helps when your aunt owns surgery clinics in portland, and has taught at Lewis & Clark College. A person such as that has friends. Those friends were simply e-mailed. Friends who know about such cases and who provided her with some simple FACTS. What a huuuuge claim. PM me, we'll work out some way of arranging a phone call and I will talk to you like a human being about what I am saying. It's really not that complicated.

Quote:
You just seem to have the oppostie bent, that drugs can't hurt someone in a seriously psychological way. You also pay too much attention to labels. You are caught in the world of symbols, go trip and maybe you can give a half decent post instead of a childish rant about how you think this guy is lying.



You seem to like to tell me who I am, and yet you are someone with 70 posts, bad grammar and spelling, who has never met me. Come on man.

Silven, you have to listen to me on this one, maybe you should look up some stuff about induced psychosis and post ANY case you can find that will prove me wrong.

I know what I am talking about, and unlike you two, I have done some extensive research once people started calling names earlier in the post.

mecreateme, I think you need to trip or somthing, before you go around putting tags on things and calling me childish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: vc77]
    #3263225 -

Okay, I'm a newb, I'll admit this, but reading up around here, VC, I'm shocked at the way you're acting. You accuse everyone else of not reading before writing. Well, just so you know, he wasn't professionally diagnosed with psychosis, if you'll read his posts, that's just how he interprets, a sort of synonym to what he's saying. In fact, he hasn't even specified what he was DIAGNOSED with. Just that he went to a doctor for help with what he thought was psychosis. And Silven had a point--you've been childish in this thread. But enough of that.

Ash--I hope you recover fully eventually...I'm not an expert or anything, and thus, can't give you any advice, but I will say godspeed my man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: mecreateme]
    #3263234 -

I respect your opinion, still, try to keep the personal comments and jabs to a minimum. There are many other ways to make the point you needed to make. Especially, in this forum. Thanks.


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Rose]
    #3264018 -

I still don't see why you guys are calling me childish. So far I am the only person willing to ask questions, state facts, and get to the bottom of this, whilst you guys sit back and bash me.

He came into this thread saying he thought he had a serotonin imbalance, then he thought he had psychotic depression, then he thought he had drug induced psychosis, then he is on medication. If you are on medication, it's not because the doctor thought you had this or that and threw a dart at a list of meds on his wall and went with it. Come on people.

I'm done with this thread. You guys will believe anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: namesash]
    #3264312 -

nm, deleted.


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Edited by thenewuser (10/22/04 10:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: thenewuser]
    #3265993 -

I second that notion, this is a bullshitting attention monger.

You can't trip for 3 months from 3g of shrooms. Furthermore, you are recomending having VALUME and other antidepressants on hand for trippers? That is terrible advice. No one should take valume with mushrooms.


--------------------
Seril,
Political language -true of all political parties- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give solidity to pure wind..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Seril]
    #3266001 -

Valium can take someone from a bad trip to a bad trip where they just lie down and wait it out.

Even though it seems like more drugs would not help, in some cases it would.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: namesash]
    #3303827 -

Sounds like fun - A bit of PHPD can really spice up your life cant it??


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: namesash]
    #3303830 -

Many people connect weed to anxiety - i believe that perhaps certain people have a sympathetic nervous system that is easily thrown out of whack by heavy weed use - but they usually recover after abstaining.
Try betablockers - if they work then its adrenal - or physical - rather than psychiatric.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3305932 -

there allways has to be one bad apple...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Shroom and cannabis induced psychosis [Re: namesash]
    #3332741 -

i had similar experience because of mushrooms and pot. my case was a little bit tricky one, because i had never problems after taking mushrooms (did it twice in moderate amounts, causing me only good mood and some visuals).

after 1 month after my first shrooms while smoking a lot of pot i have got mushroom flashbacks. they were fine so didn't care and did smoke pot as usual. also tried mushrooms with no complications the second time. i still got flashbacks when i had a lot of pot, but got used to it. was a several days in week smoker. the flashbacks were about shroomy mood not about visual perceptions.

one month and two weeks after my last mushrooms i was making a party at home and did smoke considerable amounts of pot, which was the last drop causing my psychosis. from a point at the party i was totaly lost in paranoia and delusions, thinking that my girlfriend was cheating me with my good friend and that i was a mental retard and a lot of other weird stuff. i was completely unable to understand jokes, everything said was real for me. i didnt sleep the whole night, and the other day i was still beleaving this all was real. a few conversations with my friends settled this, so i was partialy ok after.

problems started and graduated following 2 weeks, begining with some minor delusions going to major paranoia and persecution delusions, which led to my hospitalisation. i was thinking the CIA was delivering some drugs to our food to control us with fear and that they would kill me because i found it out.

i have got risperdal an antipsychotic which helped me to loose this view. i?m now delusionless on 3/4 mg of risperdal hoping that some day i won?t have to eat it anymore. my sleep is very shallow and i wouldnt sleep at all without the meds.

in my family my father has bipolar disorder. i didnt knew that i had mental health problems, because i have compared me to my father and did not find any correlations, except some winter bad mood which i succesfully fixed with yoga.

so the advice is, take your family diagnosis seriously even if you feel allright. even small doses of psylocibin might open a door which should better stay closed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Rose]
    #3333066 -

Quote:
Hard to say if this guy is for real




--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Civ]
    #3338845 -

I honestly see no reason of disbelief in namesash.

I have questions for you and others who can understand:
Who in your family had a disorder?
What was it?
Did marijuana affect you negatively at all or show any signs of anxiety or disorder?
Do you think it would be safer to trip while on an SSRI?

I actually feel like I could relate somehow...


--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Society]
    #3339539 -

I never came completely down after doing acid for the first time
when I was 13. It has been 11 years now and still tripping. I am hallucinating to the effect of a half dose of acid except minus all the body effects. I see a light static all over everything. Shrooms intensified it and now I see multi colored glowing blobs of light whenever I go from a brightly lit room to a darkly lit room or vice versa. Never had any psychosis from it though.

I once had full blown psychosis for over a year after smoking some weed I bought off someone I didn't know. I rolled up a 2 zigzag joint and went outside and smoked it with a few girls outside my apartment.
I felt no effect at all and my parents picked me up to take me out for dinner just after we finished it. Just after I got into the car my vision narrowed to a tiny point (completely blind) then it went back to normal and I started to trip out. I was hearing wierd tinkling sounds and seeing wierd colors and I felt like I was on a hard stimulant but I felt like I was outside of my body at the same time. My parents knew I was fucked up on something and took me home to their house to come down. After I started coming down somewhat (I am not sure how long I was hight I can barely remember anything after the begining) I got really fucking paranoid and kind of psycho at the same time. I got into a fist fight with dad was drooling out of the corner of my mouth. After awhile I started to get increasingly paranoid and I thought I was genetically altered and that the CIA was out to kill me.
Then after that I thought the hells angels were out to kill me. By about this time my parents dropped me off they took me to the hospital
where I was sedated into a zombie state for about a week because I was rather unpleasant to be with, while they waited for a bed so they could transfer me to the psychiatric ward.
I got a bit more rational after about a week in the psych ward and was released. I thought I heard people outside spying on me or trying to kill me for at least a year and a half after that.


--------------------
Give your money or your life
Take 'em both for all I care
Dump your bullets right here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: vc77]
    #3350654 -

Vc77 plz dont spread misinformation.

I have gone temporarily insane from shrooms and weed, though weed was the main culprit. Mine only lasted three or four days, but it was unbelievable. I know what hell is and i know how terrifying it can be to be stuck in constant thought-loops, extreme anxiety and psychotic thoughts 24/7, after only a couple hours of this suicide quickly entered my mind as a way to end it all. Luckily I was able to wait it out without doing anything stupid. Though I am no longer psychotic, I still have bouts with depersonalization syndrom from time to time. I am a lucky one, many people get dps from smoking weed just once and it lasts them their whole lives. Don't believe me try DPSelfhelp.com, I'd say a good third of the people their have it from hallucinogenics, weed strangely enough causes most of these and it is comparably a lot weaker than lsd or shrooms. The first time I had it was when I combined weed with shrooms, I have always been very sensitive to weed and could trip if I hadn't smoked it in a while, and that particular time it triggered a great shift in my consciousness. You can't know what DPS is like unless you've experienced it first hand but it is definately not fun. Its a very strange illness, you feel yourself slip just like that in a matter or seconds. Your in a familiar but plasticy and fake world, you lose your sence of self, sense of humour etc feels like a dream or very intense de-ja-vu. I am lucky that is not permanent for me, but I still have random flash backs caused by a thought that reminds me of being depersonalized, usually if I have been smoking, and in a matter of seconds I'll be dp'd again.

Drugs aren't for everyone, I do have schizophrenia and a host of other problems in my family, and weed just happens to bring these issues to surface for me, whereas shrooms I am usually fine with. Its all dependent on the individual.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 7 months after Shroom induced psychosis [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3350671 -

bluemeanie said:
Many people connect weed to anxiety - i believe that perhaps certain people have a sympathetic nervous system that is easily thrown out of whack by heavy weed use - but they usually recover after abstaining.
Try betablockers - if they work then its adrenal - or physical - rather than psychiatric.



I have noticed this too, over at OG half of everyone their has some kind of anxiety problem, I can't smoke it anymore without it making my heart race like crazy and other negative effects. It's weird though because I am only getting these symptoms in the last year, and I have been smoking on and off for five.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Who here has experienced drug induced Psychosis?
( 1 2 3 all )
PDU 23,420 58 09/10/10 12:00 AM
by PsychedelicWizard
* Shrooms with Anti-depressants..any problem? happycamper 2,900 6 07/12/02 04:50 PM
by Leya
* Psychosis
( 1 2 all )
Meph 3,737 20 10/30/02 09:59 PM
by Ago.Diligo
* I went crazy on shrooms!
( 1 2 all )
Vinny 9,179 31 08/07/15 09:29 AM
by Malcolm_Xtasy
* Do you make music, on shrooms? Great Scott 8,735 19 06/22/03 12:27 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Re: shroom permafry???? Anonymous 5,250 7 04/18/01 01:32 AM
by hatter
* Questions on mixing shrooms and E Gabble Ratchet 13,487 11 02/24/20 01:31 PM
by BobLazar
* Do you give home grown shrooms for free?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
shroom_assassin 28,809 70 12/16/21 10:20 PM
by Sub-Easy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
24,907 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.