Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Gee Dubya: The Flip-Flop King
    #3304535 - 11/01/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

link

Here are the first 10 from the article. There are 30 total.

------------

From the beginning, George W. Bush has made his own credibility a central issue. On 10/11/00, then-Gov. Bush said: "I think credibility is important.It is going to be important for the president to be credible with Congress, important for the president to be credible with foreign nations." But President Bush's serial flip-flopping raises serious questions about whether Congress and foreign leaders can rely on what he says.

1. Social Security Surplus

BUSH PLEDGES NOT TO TOUCH SOCIAL SECURITY SURPLUS... "We're going to keep the promise of Social Security and keep the government from raiding the Social Security surplus." [President Bush, 3/3/01]

...BUSH SPENDS SOCIAL SECURITY SURPLUS The New York Times reported that "the president's new budget uses Social Security surpluses to pay for other programs every year through 2013, ultimately diverting more than $1.4 trillion in Social Security funds to other purposes." [The New York Times, 2/6/02]

2. Patient's Right to Sue

GOVERNOR BUSH VETOES PATIENTS' RIGHT TO SUE... "Despite his campaign rhetoric in favor of a patients' bill of rights, Bush fought such a bill tooth and nail as Texas governor, vetoing a bill coauthored by Republican state Rep. John Smithee in 1995. He... constantly opposed a patient's right to sue an HMO over coverage denied that resulted in adverse health effects." [Salon, 2/7/01]

...CANDIDATE BUSH PRAISES TEXAS PATIENTS' RIGHT TO SUE... "We're one of the first states that said you can sue an HMO for denying you proper coverage... It's time for our nation to come together and do what's right for the people. And I think this is right for the people. You know, I support a national patients' bill of rights, Mr. Vice President. And I want all people covered. I don't want the law to supersede good law like we've got in Texas." [Governor Bush, 10/17/00]

...PRESIDENT BUSH'S ADMINISTRATION ARGUES AGAINST RIGHT TO SUE "To let two Texas consumers, Juan Davila and Ruby R. Calad, sue their managed-care companies for wrongful denials of medical benefits ?would be to completely undermine' federal law regulating employee benefits, Assistant Solicitor General James A. Feldman said at oral argument March 23. Moreover, the administration's brief attacked the policy rationale for Texas's law, which is similar to statutes on the books in nine other states." [Washington Post, 4/5/04]

3. Tobacco Buyout

BUSH SUPPORTS CURRENT TOBACCO FARMERS' QUOTA SYSTEM... "They've got the quota system in place -- the allotment system -- and I don't think that needs to be changed." [President Bush, 5/04]

...BUSH ADMINISTRATION WILL SUPPORT FEDERAL BUYOUT OF TOBACCO QUOTAS "The administration is open to a buyout." [White House spokeswoman Jeanie Mamo, 6/18/04]

4. North Korea

BUSH WILL NOT OFFER NUCLEAR NORTH KOREA INCENTIVES TO DISARM... "We developed a bold approach under which, if the North addressed our long-standing concerns, the United States was prepared to take important steps that would have significantly improved the lives of the North Korean people. Now that North Korea's covert nuclear weapons program has come to light, we are unable to pursue this approach." [President's Statement, 11/15/02]

...BUSH ADMINISTRATION OFFERS NORTH KOREA INCENTIVES TO DISARM"Well, we will work to take steps to ease their political and economic isolation. So there would be -- what you would see would be some provisional or temporary proposals that would only lead to lasting benefit after North Korea dismantles its nuclear programs. So there would be some provisional or temporary efforts of that nature." [White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, 6/23/04]

5. Abortion

BUSH SUPPORTS A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE... "Bush said he...favors leaving up to a woman and her doctor the abortion question." [The Nation, 6/15/00, quoting the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, 5/78]

...BUSH OPPOSES A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE "I am pro-life." [Governor Bush, 10/3/00]

6. OPEC

BUSH PROMISES TO FORCE OPEC TO LOWER PRICES... "What I think the president ought to do [when gas prices spike] is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price." [President Bush, 1/26/00]

...BUSH REFUSES TO LOBBY OPEC LEADERS With gas prices soaring in the United States at the beginning of 2004, the Miami Herald reported the president refused to "personally lobby oil cartel leaders to change their minds." [Miami Herald, 4/1/04]

7. Iraq Funding

BUSH SPOKESMAN DENIES NEED FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR THE REST OF 2004... "We do not anticipate requesting supplemental funding for '04" [White House Budget Director Joshua Bolton, 2/2/04]

...BUSH REQUESTS ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR IRAQ FOR 2004 "I am requesting that Congress establish a $25 billion contingency reserve fund for the coming fiscal year to meet all commitments to our troops." [President Bush, Statement by President, 5/5/04]

8. Condoleeza Rice Testimony

BUSH SPOKESMAN SAYS RICE WON'T TESTIFY AS 'A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE'... "Again, this is not her personal preference; this goes back to a matter of principle. There is a separation of powers issue involved here. Historically, White House staffers do not testify before legislative bodies. So it's a matter of principle, not a matter of preference." [White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, 3/9/04]

...BUSH ORDERS RICE TO TESTIFY: "Today I have informed the Commission on Terrorist Attacks Against the United States that my National Security Advisor, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, will provide public testimony." [President Bush, 3/30/04]

9. Science

BUSH PLEDGES TO ISSUE REGULATIONS BASED ON SCIENCE..."I think we ought to have high standards set by agencies that rely upon science, not by what may feel good or what sounds good." [then-Governor George W. Bush, 1/15/00]

...BUSH ADMINISTRATION REGULATIONS IGNORE SCIENCE "60 leading scientists?including Nobel laureates, leading medical experts, former federal agency directors and university chairs and presidents?issued a statement calling for regulatory and legislative action to restore scientific integrity to federal policymaking. According to the scientists, the Bush administration has, among other abuses, suppressed and distorted scientific analysis from federal agencies, and taken actions that have undermined the quality of scientific advisory panels." [Union of Concerned Scientists, 2/18/04]

10. Ahmed Chalabi

BUSH INVITES CHALABI TO STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS...President Bush also met with Chalabi during his brief trip to Iraq last Thanksgiving [White House Documents 1/20/04, 11/27/03]

...BUSH MILITARY ASSISTS IN RAID OF CHALABI'S HOUSE "U.S. soldiers raided the home of America's one-time ally Ahmad Chalabi on Thursday and seized documents and computers." [Washington Post, 5/20/04]

--------

I'd be interested to hear what all the Bush apologists have to say about this.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Gee Dubya: The Flip-Flop King [Re: unbeliever]
    #3304540 - 11/01/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Shocking :shocked:, a politician who goes back on their word, who would of thought?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Re: Gee Dubya: The Flip-Flop King [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3304558 - 11/01/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
Shocking :shocked:, a politician who goes back on their word, who would of thought?

:tongue:

The difference is Bush's lies have hurt our country, our economy, our children and their education, our health care system, social security, etc. Kerry's main flip flop bush likes to tout involves realizing Bush is full of shit and his reasons for war were a total crock. Oh the horror! Oh wait and when he got back from Vietnam he protested the war, after having actually been there and seen it. Shocking! Awful! :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3304670 - 11/01/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The difference is, is that Kerry hasn't had an opportunity to be the leader and if he is I assure you that it will be more of the same. His past shows him to be a flip flopper (when he found us worthy to actually be there for a vote)and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if he's elected that he does the same thing as Bill Clinton, George "read my lips" Bush Sr etc.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Re: Gee Dubya: The Flip-Flop King [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3304707 - 11/01/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
The difference is, is that Kerry hasn't had an opportunity to be the leader and if he is I assure you that it will be more of the same.  His past shows him to be a flip flopper (when he found us worthy to actually be there for a vote)and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if he's elected that he does the same thing as Bill Clinton, George "read my lips" Bush Sr etc.....

:shrug: I'll take 20+ years senate experience over a failed, c-student hell-raising draft dodger who now claims God speaks through him. Any day of the week and twice on sunday.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3304738 - 11/01/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

20+ years in the Senate, and notice he almost never brings it up in campaign speeches. You'd think an experienced politician like him would have plenty to talk about, but apparently he feels it's more important to remind Americans which war he fought in prior to that.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Re: Gee Dubya: The Flip-Flop King [Re: silversoul7]
    #3304839 - 11/01/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
20+ years in the Senate, and notice he almost never brings it up in campaign speeches.  You'd think an experienced politician like him would have plenty to talk about, but apparently he feels it's more important to remind Americans which war he fought in prior to that.

Honestly, the minutia of Senatorial voting, debating and general politicking would be hard to convey to the average voter. I do find it amusing that the only real attack Bush has had on Kerry's voting record were certain spending cuts, most of which Bush's own veep sponsored or voted the same way on. I do regret the poor attendance throughout the election, but he's in a tough spot really. As I recall if he gave up his seat it would go to a Republican, something the Senate really does not need and something Kerry's party would fry him over. :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order