Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Knee Pain
    #3276598 -

After a few weeks of running, my knees started to hurt. They hurt on the inside of the joint and also right about the joint on the - well, if you straighten your leg, it's the little muscle on the indent on the inside/front of your leg. Hopefully that explanation works.
The first thing I tried was to change my running form. I figured that I was probably steeping on inside of my foot or something. It didn't seem to help so I took a week off of running, and just walked, and it did help. I began running again, and lo and behold my knees hurt again, right from the get-go.

Does anyone have any idea what this pain could be caused by, and if it is any reason for concern? I'll be walking from now on, just to be sure, unless someone wants to give me the good word! PLEASE DO! haha

OH! I've also been running on a tread mill. I have NO idea if this is pertinant info, but there it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3276657 -

Try swimming and cycling, they are great forms of exercise that put less stress on the body. I don't think running is necessary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: faslimy]
    #3276768 -

It's true, I COULD do this, but I just got a fancy new tread mill that I don't want to go to waste  :wink:. It's nearly winter here anyway, and there are no indoor pools near by, and too much snow to be cycling. What about something like jump roping? It imvolves the calves and not so much the knees, so it shouldn't be a problem. Unless I am confused about the logistics that is. Does that give a good aerobic workout? I'm very new to this working out stuff if it isn't obvious  :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3276790 -

You might want to look into Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate supplements. They're a little expensive but they were very beneficial to a friend of mine who was experiencing joint pain. If you can though, I'd talk to a trainer or (better yet) a doctor since knees can be funky and you don't want to screw yours up.

Peace,

-Y

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3276962 -

Buddy, youve got shin splints. My advice is do some reading, and STOP RUNNING! :smile:
dont run through the pain or you'll end up like i did a few years ago, with a wicked bad stress fracture. I was training for a marathon and didn't read up on running 1st, so i just pushed myself to the limit every day. after 2 weeks a couldn't run more than a few steps. Went to the doc, and he shook his head " Why the fuck would you run if you were in pain? youve fucked it now!". Months of bullshit rehab type stuff to get back to running. Shin splints heal pretty fast as long as you dont ignore them like i did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: ]
    #3277397 -

Ah I will look into that. I'm going to take a break from running, and if things don't start looking up, I'll go see a doctor. (Job benefits just kicked in. Yippee!)

Heruuka said:
Buddy, youve got shin splints. My advice is do some reading, and STOP RUNNING! :smile:
dont run through the pain or you'll end up like i did a few years ago, with a wicked bad stress fracture. I was training for a marathon and didn't read up on running 1st, so i just pushed myself to the limit every day. after 2 weeks a couldn't run more than a few steps. Went to the doc, and he shook his head " Why the fuck would you run if you were in pain? youve fucked it now!". Months of bullshit rehab type stuff to get back to running. Shin splints heal pretty fast as long as you dont ignore them like i did.



Shin Splints? Are you sure that would affect my knees? I've never heard of that, but I've never heard of a lot of things.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3280783 -

i hurt my knee while i was out jogging last year. it started hurting at the end of my run and i dismissed it as soreness. it hurt the next day alot, i also dismissed it as soreness. it hurt for 5 weeks after that to the point where i was limping everywhere i went for those 5 weeks...i couldn't walk down steps.

i didn't go to the doctor, i just simply don't run anymore. when i do squats at the gym it hurts like hell so i just said fuck it...i'm not running or doing squats...other than that everything worked out fine...maybe you should see a doctor.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: TODAY]
    #3281672 -

TODAY said:
...maybe you should see a doctor.



Yes, it could be indicative of a serious joint problem which will only get worse as time goes on..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Knee Pain [Re: faslimy]
    #3301343 -

I did not read all the post so forgive me if these ideas have already been presented to you.

I suggest (as a ex-distance runner) that if you are serious about continuing to run you see about getting some custom orthodics.
Run no more than 3-4 times a week and cross train. I suggestion an EFX machine. These are around 7 grand so hopefully your local health club has one.
I started running 15 years ago using a program from Runners World. Each week you decrease your amount of time walking and add time running. No more than 30 mins to start.
I was a running addict and I burnt my knees and back out bad. Now I lust after long country roads.
With this advice alone I might still be running.
Don't get obsessed if you want to do this forever. Find another exercise to cross train with!!!


--------------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Stress Fracture? dawn of a new day 3,511 9 10/06/04 10:46 AM
by schmutzen
* How much do you run?
( 1 2 3 all )
Delyrium 3,817 41 07/17/07 09:08 AM
by Gomp
* Visual distortions during pain Tasty_Smurf_House 1,033 10 01/16/05 12:25 AM
by Zekebomb
* THe pain..the pain..
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 5,830 39 08/08/03 07:31 PM
by Grav
* sleep paralysis? i couldnt move.....
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 6,668 21 05/20/12 07:32 PM
by yoimjohn
* A New Study On Physical Pain Produced From Emotions World Spirit 1,199 0 10/26/03 04:12 PM
by World Spirit
* worn down by chronic pain...
( 1 2 all )
lucid 2,392 20 06/14/22 03:43 PM
by Rache2020
* Pain pain go away PriitK 1,362 5 10/01/05 02:16 PM
by CptnGarden

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
965 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.