Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
sleep paralysis? i couldnt move.....
    #4081892 - 04/21/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

so the other night i had gone to bed around 5 am the usual for me. i had smoked some herb which was somewhat uncommon, and that i hadnt done for a while. had soem troubble falling asleep i cant rememebr if that was the night i was having an anxiety attack or not. i dont think so...

anyways i woke up around 2 hours later but felt really tired but mentally awake. i was laying under the covers listening to the radio in the other room through the half closed door to my room. then i head the music get louder like someone had opened the door and that the music was flowing in more freely.

i remember complete fear. noone else should be in this room... ever... and especially while im sleeping there...
anyways i want to move but i cant do it, im flipping out. under my pillow i have a loaded pellet gun and a big ass knife (im paranoid as hell) along wiht a few other weapons elsewhere. I know all i have to do is reach for it and pull it on the intruder.

but i couldnt move i couldnt even look to see if anyone was actually there. nothing. i actually thought to my self that it must be sleep paralysis.... a few minutes later i re-gained my ablites to move and walked around to see what was up... noone was there.

any thoughts? this kinda freeked me out and has never happened before.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4082541 - 04/21/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sleep paralysis is very common---its basically a natural reaction your body takes so yoiu wont act out your dreams. Usually when you are consious and experiencing paralysis, you are infact just dreaming and in the state of a "false awakening" where your mind replicates your room and throws in scary stuff making you belive all this stuff is happening in the real world. When Im in a S.P. state, I try sooo hard to kick myself out of it...there is always the astral projection grandeur and ringings sounds, shadown creeping up the side of my walls from the corner of my eye----ya its scary.

OfflineToker5
fungi

Loc: south west
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #4082644 - 04/21/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This happened to me once, I swear to god some one was in my bed with me and grabbed me by the shoulders. All i could see is my empty room and the clock (the minutes were moving like seconds). After I got control of my body I couldn't go back to sleep for a while I was so scared. It was kinda like a shroom trip.

--------------------
why cant we all just get abong?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4082673 - 04/21/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

this happens to me all the time.....and sometimes, it happens the other way around where i sleep walk. waking up not being aboe to move is pretty scary, but waking up in some random place not knowing how you got there is a whole different story. theres something wrong with the part of my brain that controls the paralysis of my body during sleep. sometimes it lasts too long (sleep paralysis) sometimes not at all (sleep walking) ive been a part of a few sleep studies, they tell me i have REM behavior sleep disorder. ive learned to deal with it.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4082750 - 04/21/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The sounds and sensations remind me of a 5 Me0-DMT...esp. the sounds.

--------------------

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4082830 - 04/21/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Heya, I used to get this once in a while. Then I read up on lucid dreaming. I found that if i concentrated hard enough while "sleep paralyzed" I could move, and I was actually asleep but leaving my body. This is how I experienced my first lucid dream. It is my belief that sleep paralysis is just a lucid dream for those who cannot yet fully experience lucid dreams. Next time it happens, ask yourself "am i dreaming?". And if the answer is yes, try to get up

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... *DELETED* [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4083680 - 04/22/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by lackobreath

Reason for deletion: deletion

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: lackobreath]
    #4084004 - 04/22/05 05:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i will control it the next time it happens to me.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4086077 - 04/22/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This state is called Atonia, and it occurs during R.E.M. (rapid eye movement) sleep in order to protect us. Imagine dreaming you are running, and then you awaken to find that you have actually ran out of your room into the street and traffic!

There are some who do not get the effects of Atonia, but this is very rare, and known as R.E.M. Sleep Disorder.

I suppose that the chemicals interferred with your brain functions during sleep, allowing you to awaken while the Atonia remained.

By the way, because of Atonia, it is impossible to take voluntary action during dreams. So next time someone you are sleeping with tries to have sex with you and says they were dreaming and didn't realize, they are lieing (unless of course they are one of the rare sufferers of REM sleep disorder). Just a little basic brain functioning and sleep cycle education for you.  :wink:

I wrote a small, 2 page essay on the human sleep cycle and Altered States of Consciousness for a psych class if anyone is interested, PM me.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: myndreach]
    #4087586 - 04/23/05 02:44 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ive woken up and been attempting to engage intercourse with my partner.

and i dont sleep walk.

?

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: Druginduced]
    #4087760 - 04/23/05 06:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RydawgSupreme said:
Heya, I used to get this once in a while. Then I read up on lucid dreaming. I found that if i concentrated hard enough while "sleep paralyzed" I could move, and I was actually asleep but leaving my body. This is how I experienced my first lucid dream. It is my belief that sleep paralysis is just a lucid dream for those who cannot yet fully experience lucid dreams. Next time it happens, ask yourself "am i dreaming?". And if the answer is yes, try to get up

:sun: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: Todcasil]
    #4088512 - 04/23/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
ive woken up and been attempting to engage intercourse with my partner.

and i dont sleep walk.

?

You weren't dreaming then. If you were dreaming, you would not have been capable of moving. Sometimes what happens is this: when someone wets their bed and says they were dreaming about a waterfall or going to the bathroom or whatever, they actually just HAD a dream about that, and the dream is done, but the thoughts linger after the dream is done, resulting in urination.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #4091221 - 04/24/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The witches are riding you :shocked:

No, seriously. Trying to move the little finger will snap you out of it.  But why waste a good chance at Lucidity?

I have learned to embrace the  Shadow People

I've met my shadow people on three separtate occaisions, the first was in '99. I woke after a series of nightmares, unable to move but still able to look around the room. I felt a presence of someone behind me, then I'm hovering over my desk, looking at my sleeping body while a man in a black cloak stands just over my sleeping body's shoulder, I return to my body and he's gone.

03--I lay down to go to sleep and hear someone coming down the stairs, my wife is out of town and I know this. I can see around the room again, and she comes over to the bed to kiss me, when the shadow person realizes it didn't fool me, it dissapears.

04--While napping on the couch I wake up to something sitting on my back holding me down, I know it's a shadow person so I try to quickly roll over, it doesn't work. The guy climbs off and I manage to rip his cloak off and I see that he where his face is supposed to be is just skin. He then dissapates into shadow and swims around the corner. Once again I was fully awake when this happened.

I get a sinister vibration from these people, I think they are sneaky tricksters.

Now I will try to change my limiting factors to recolor the entire experience, if it doesn't work I can always change them back.

Old folklore says that sleep paralysis is when "the witches are riding you" and that one can easily enter the Astral Plane at this time.

The next time I encounter one of these people I treat them with respect, as he/she may be guide or teacher. I will offer tobacco and try to embrace him/her.

The shadow people visit to help and teach. They are friendly, and it was my negative attitude that caused them to respond in that manner.

The shadow people are here to help me grow and enhace my life and the lives of those around me.

The shadow people will bring goodness.  :tongue2:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: schmutzen]
    #4091546 - 04/24/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ummm the shadow people are not your friends---do not talk to them, thats what they want...It takes alot of practice to control communication with such entities and I do not advise anybody to jump into trying to control such figures as the shadow people.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #4095487 - 04/25/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't believe that I am in any way trying to control these people.  I'm am trying to improve my attitude towards them. The theory is that Fear blocks new learning, overcoming the Fear may lead to improved well-being :laugh:

What's the worst that could happen?  HMMMM?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#4095989 - 04/25/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

your shadow people are more than likly different than his shadow people based on his emotions towards them psilly.

when you infect the quantum foam with fear, you get fearsome beings (figments/elves/manifestations/abstracts/chimeras)

but when you produce love or courage those same figures that occur are instead manifested with that feeling.

ive yet to have another incubus nightmare since my last one, and i think it all has to do with posative belief.

when it does happen, i believe the presense that manifests will be my guide for whatever journey its time to go on.

maybe it is all just a dream....  but does that make it any less spectacular/frighteneing?

its amazing to me either way!

:heart:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4097534 - 04/25/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I used to get this quite often. Maybe as often as once a month for a while. It really freaked me out at first because I couldn't feel myself breathing at all so I thought that I was going to suffocate. As it happened to me more often, I was able to force myself to move until I woke up. It was almost as if it took all of my will power to move an arm or leg just enough to wake me.

I also experienced the "shadow people" on one occasion. I went into a state of sleep paralysis right as I fell asleep. I saw a grayish/hazy/shadowy figure lean over my bed staring down at me. It was quite frightening at the time but really interesting.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineSawaziB
The Blonde Arab
Loc: Texas
Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4097709 - 04/25/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wow, I didnt know these shadow people appeared so often, but a close friend of mine has told me stories of this happening to him, and my girl friend recently had it happen to her. Both of them could not move and felt a great weight on their chests with a black figure's head above them. Can anyone give me anymore information about this?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: sleep paralysis? i couldnt move..... [Re: SawaziB]
    #4100675 - 04/26/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

all in formation you will recieve on this topic is completely figmented and subjective to the person telling you.

any useful information youll recieve you will find out yourself.

:heart:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineChaotic sheeple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Sanantonio
    #15697694 - 01/21/12 02:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if you realise, but during sleep paralysis you can very easily astral project. All you have to do is increase the vibrations around you, feel yourself floating up out of your body becoming lighter and lighter. Or imagine a rope and climb that rope pulling away from your body.

--------------------
Open the mind to the infinite spectrum of perception

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies