Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Sublime

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Canada
The best CD ever.....
    #3296200 - 10/30/04 04:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Its next to impossible to find these days, but truly one of the most amazing chill out albums ever by the master himself Chicane...

If you ever have the chance, buy this and experience it start to finish without interruption  :thumbup:

Chicane - Far from the maddening crowds

:thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: Thor]
    #3296206 - 10/30/04 04:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If you say it's so good, ima have to check it out *writes down on music to buy list*. My favorite album would have to be Autechre - LP5. Fucking intense music (electronic, but beyond all other electronic, absolutely superior). While tripping on any psychedelic (lsd or DMT makes it almost too much), autechre makes so much sense, yet is insanely intelligent and manipulated sound. Hope you guys get to hear autechre some day. At first it doesn't sound like too much, because you aren't listening to nearly the whole thing. Once you start listening to it a lot, and listen to a diverse collection of autechre (there are 8 or so albums), it comes together nicely. It's the most beautiful thing i have ever experienced.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3296215 - 10/30/04 04:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DMTelepath said:
If you say it's so good, ima have to check it out *writes down on music to buy list*. My favorite album would have to be Autechre - LP5. Fucking intense music (electronic, but beyond all other electronic, absolutely superior). While tripping on any psychedelic (lsd or DMT makes it almost too much), autechre makes so much sense, yet is insanely intelligent and manipulated sound. Hope you guys get to hear autechre some day. At first it doesn't sound like too much, because you aren't listening to nearly the whole thing. Once you start listening to it a lot, and listen to a diverse collection of autechre (there are 8 or so albums), it comes together nicely. It's the most beautiful thing i have ever experienced.

Sounds like something I'd really enjoy, I'm gonna look for it.. IMO a CD is only worthy of praise if the whole thing is an experience, the one thing that many non mainstream CDs can do is allow a 75 min CD be a journey of experience.

That to me is the thing that Trance/Electronica can do best, it can evoke emotion, bring you on a journey.

Top 40 has one song that stops and the next track has zero relevance to the previous, outside of top 40 this is very common too.. But for the few rare CD's you can pop it in your stereo and listen completely all the way through and feel like you are experiencing a musical journey..

:thumbup:

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3296217 - 10/30/04 04:48 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ive only heard one autechre song, and I think it was a remix with aphex twin called Autumn Acid. It was really good, Ive been meanin to check them out for a while. do you know which album this song is on, or which cd the original to it is on?

I'll also check out chicane, that album cover looks pretty intriguing.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3296245 - 10/30/04 05:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i think thats why people liek to burn their own. so many cds are shit and many would be so much better with a simple different combo of songs. to each their own.

so is this a a&b sound/future shop thing? or is it a rare back alley head shop type cd? ive never heard of cd or artist.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: kadakuda]
    #3296260 - 10/30/04 05:24 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
i think thats why people liek to burn their own.  so many cds are shit and many would be so much better with a simple different combo of songs.  to each their own.

so is this a a&b sound/future shop thing?  or is it a rare back alley head shop type cd?  ive never heard of cd or artist.

Chicane is not to be found in many shops in North America, he's a british guy who is known mostly for his chill out style of music made famous in his dawn Ibiza parties..

He's got a unique style to him that makes him a big time stand out in electronica music.

Check out the samples on my 2nd favorite CD of his:

Chicane - Behind the Sun

See if those tracks sound good to you, its only short samples but it gives you an idea anyhow..  :thumbup:

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3296272 - 10/30/04 05:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i do like. its like an uplifting boards of canada with some ethnicity added, well some anyway. certainly a nice change from the rave electonica.

only listened to 5 samples but liked em all. ill check out the music stores next time im out looking. thansk for sharing those!

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: kadakuda]
    #3296279 - 10/30/04 05:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
i do like. its like an uplifting boards of canada with some ethnicity added, well some anyway. certainly a nice change from the rave electonica.

only listened to 5 samples but liked em all. ill check out the music stores next time im out looking. thansk for sharing those!

I LOVE boards of Canada, they are so amazing.. Chicane is definately different but I think if you love BoC you will love Chicane..

Also a bit more trancy but still high quality is the new release by Sasha, his last one Airdrawndagger was IMO excellent progressive but it got lackluster reviews, however his new one is excellent and a must for progressive fans:

Sasha - Involver

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3296834 - 10/30/04 11:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

is it trancey and polished sounding?
because I cannot get down with that sound.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: Pathos]
    #3296843 - 10/30/04 11:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

pathos: the best autechre is the double-album Tri Repetae++
I lost interest in ae when they went glitch, but their ealier work -in my opinion- is sublime. I pretty much have everything ae has done - if you're on slsk, pm & I'll give you my name.

also look for GESCOM

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: Vvellum]
    #3296853 - 10/30/04 11:45 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No electronic music beats Bukfunk, ultra ultra rare though

--------------------

OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: Pathos]
    #3296923 - 10/30/04 12:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pathos said:
Ive only heard one autechre song, and I think it was a remix with aphex twin called Autumn Acid. It was really good, Ive been meanin to check them out for a while. do you know which album this song is on, or which cd the original to it is on?

that track is actually by u-ziq (planet-mu label) and for some reason got mislabeled by some dipshit and has been circulating as an afx/ae track ever since. This track is featured on the album 'royal astronomy'.

aphex twin and autechre do (unfortunately) not collaborate, or remix eachother.

my personal AE favorites are tri repetae and anvil vapre. Confield is excellent, but remains hard to listen to.

Edited by Jeroen198 (10/30/04 12:25 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: The best CD ever..... [Re: Jeroen198]
    #3296937 - 10/30/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I love anti-ep - the concept behind it is real intereting.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Sublime

Community >> The Pub