Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBleaK
paradox
so you want to rule the world.?
    #3253633 - 10/19/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

why ?

who would really want to rule everyone else?
what does that get you?
decadence?

the obvious answer would be that. they could be kings, and do nothing but enjoy themselves. their peons would do all the work they didnt want to.
but no one is happy like that.
it just makes u feel worthless, i have some experience.

these people seem too intelligent to be that shortsighted.
but i dont really know.
has anyone else wondered what the purpose of it all is?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: BleaK]
    #3253646 - 10/19/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

to be honest, I don't really know.

My guess would be the title and 'prestige' more than the actual power itself.

Although the power would be bait for some too.

But only the types with a big ego

And room for more

--------------------

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: deff]
    #3253855 - 10/19/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i dont want to rule the world.. just to become your average crazed cult leader, raising my followers to the highest levels, and hitching a ride on a ship hidden in a comet while wearing our slick nike's.

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: kontron]
    #3253881 - 10/19/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i dont want to rule the world either

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3253919 - 10/19/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't want to rule the world, but teaching the world would be cool.

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3253964 - 10/19/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Mmm.. I wouldn't want to rule the world. Rather have the chance to tell the world what a loving place it could be, and that I'm a little disappointed of the state it's in. :thumbup:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Invisiblemr crisper

#3254007 - 10/19/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

it just makes u feel worthless, i have some experience.

do tell!

ruling the world? yada! too much responsibility.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: mr crisper]
    #3254213 - 10/19/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes, so, i was working under the assumption that there is a force working towards this. and i havent been able to understand what their aim really is and why.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3254316 - 10/19/04 11:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to guess that its the desire for soverignty programmed into us that is being externalised.

It's my understanding that a goal of spirit is to become soveriegn unto itself, it's own godhead if you will.

Maybe a lot of this stuff we go through on small and large scales related to power is just practice for becoming responcible with it.

Of course, this would require a beleif in reincarnation because it would take many many life times to experience all levels of power and lack of power to become soveriegn and responcible co-creators.

Ultimately, the power of control we seek to gain "out there" is really about gaining responcible control over the selfs power.  :smirk:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3254601 - 10/20/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, Jiggy. I would rather be little on the outside and big on the inside, power wise. That's where true power is.

--------------------
LURK

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3255047 - 10/20/04 05:43 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

kool jigs :mushroom2: :sun:

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: CJay]
    #3255053 - 10/20/04 05:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

who would really want to rule everyone else?

control freaks? uptight anal types.....?

People who need to feel important and powerful via 'lordship'?

People who need a reason to live - and after years of cocaine and alcohol abuse start hearing 'God' finally telling them what that reason is? To knock the world into line.

Who knows - I mean I can't imagine Ghandi ever wanting to rule anyone, yet he was one of the most charismatic, endearing, popular and honest leaders of all time. What a wonderful man.

Takes all types I guess.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3256378 - 10/20/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Power corrupts, but absolute power is actually pretty fucking cool

Rule the world, why? because it's FUN damn it. The power, the prestige, the man above all men! Do as I please and destroy all those that defy me!

BRUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I'd be equally happy with a small country, I don't need the world, just wanna be a sovereign ruler of something...

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: jux]
    #3256569 - 10/20/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A long time ago, I realized that the power structure on this planet was set up like a pyramid, with very few people on top and very many people on the bottom.

For a long time, I objected to the existence of this pyramid. But then I realized that what really offended me the most wasn't the pyramid itself, but its purpose (or lack thereof)

Right now 90% of the world works for the benefit of the other 10%. And I'm OK with that. As a matter of fact, that is exactly how our bodies are set up. I seriously doubt that anyone here would like to inhabit a body in which all cells had equal rights.

The heirarchy is necessary. But what is the ultimate purpose? What do those people on top do with their power?

These days, the function of the elite is to live well. The structure is being wasted on decadence. But its not the structure I have a problem with, only its lack of meaningful purpose.

The heirarchy could be put to good use. There are many noble purposes which necessitate the heirarchical society. Science. Space exploration. Stuff like that.

So, in answer to your question, what would I do if I ran the world? I would put the world's resources, both physical and human, into a purpose that meant more than nice cars and fancy houses for those on top. I would actually try to get something meaningful done, like colonizing space. That shit isnt gonna happen on its own, folks.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3256590 - 10/20/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

they steel energy, dont know of the sweet sweet energy flowing all around :P so the think they get it by ruling others.
just another lie? :laugh: hehehe

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: Gomp]
    #3256640 - 10/20/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Define meaningful

Don't you think that cars and nice houses may be as meaningful for the rich as space colonization is for you?

:smile:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#3257730 - 10/20/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh please. Hierarchy could never be put to "good use." And define for me, if you will, what is "good?" I'm pretty certain that a lot of people wouldn't consider the colonization of space a good thing to direct all human energy and the earth's resources towards. Unless you want to become a despotic dictator and achieve this goal at the expense of mass oppression and mass starvation good luck. I really don't want to get into the argument of what is "good" or not. I am simply making the point that there will never be consensus, and no one should stand for being herded or deluded into devoting all thier life's energy into such an inane project. I'd also like to mention that George Bush truly believes that he is fighting for Good and the glory of God, eliminating evil from the earth. This kind of power allows nutbags to totally destroy the earth, and anyone who wants that kind of power is a total nutbag to begin with.

The point is that there is no "positive" or healthy outcome to having the world organized with a ruling elite making all the shots and the majority of the people (and non humans) in the world being the ones effected by the decisions of some assholes who think they are divinely (or biologically) ordained to be where they are.

Everyone is capable of running thier own lives, making thier own decisions and doing a pretty decent job at it. The only thing our system of hierarchy is good for is mass production and mass illusion. It is only capable of repeating itself over and over again, reproducing the spectacle that is keeping every single one of us distracted from ourselves, our land, our bodies, our hearts, and our communities.

"Science, space exploration..." Illusions of grandeur that keep us all subdued and chained to some abstraction rather than passionately and honestly persuing our own lives.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #3259303 - 10/21/04 03:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ruling the world would be great if I could figure out a way to get all these idiots to stop being so.. so godawfully dumb.

Really, think about it. Bob, God-King of Earth. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Vote for me next November!

wouldn't be worth it though, because there's too many toddlers for me to smack them all and tell them "NO!" People just don't want to listen, y'see, that's the problem. oh well.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: so you want to rule the world.? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #3259806 - 10/21/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so basically what you are saying is that the individual's life is more important than life in general.

I think that life is one of the most important products of the universe. But as far as I know, its only manufactured here on earth. This planet isnt going to last forever. But life itself does not have to die with it. WE are the only species on this planet intelligent enough to colonize space, and I believe it is our duty to do so. If we dont, all life on this planet and possibly all life in the galaxy will perish forver, and the universe will be nothing more than a bunch of rocks orbiting a bunch of hot balls of gas.

as the dominant species on the planet, I believe that we are charged with protecting all life here. We have already forseen the destruction of earth, and it would behoove us to take measures to protect and propagate the life this planet has spawned.

how will you feel when all life ceases to exist because humanity didn't take the opportunity to prevent its destruction?

InvisibleGoldenShroom
shhhh ....don'ttell anyone!

Loc: wherever shrooms grow wil...
    #3260094 - 10/21/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There certainly can be people who want to rule the world for good.  but what is good?  I think you hit it right on in "protecting all life here".

We may not destroy all life, but we sure are going to have a messy and disgusting planet in about 50-150 years.  We need people who rule for the people and don't protect a few mega wealthy.  Rights should also be protected, and everyone has a right to make as much money as they want and fuck all the sluts they can in their gold hot tubs  :crazy2:... but making riches off the cost destroying cultures or the earth should be severly punished.  Both individual freedoms and life as a whole are important.

I don't think it is that confusing what is universally "right" or moral and what is wrong.  Obviously you can never have a perfect set of laws that everyone agrees on, but we can certainly can do much better.  I'd want to rule because all these other fuckheads are messing it up for their own selfish purposes, and I think I could do a better job at trying to make sure our civilization ultimately prospers.  To accomplish that the rich, and that includes the majority of citizens in the western world, have to make sacrifices.  And these days people are INCREDIBLY selfish and won't sacrifice shit unless they have to or public pressure is put on them, so things will have to keep getting worse before the majority can see the value in giving up a few luxuries.  Until there are problems in their own back yards, no one is going to get people to sacrafice for the purpose of "protecting all life here". 

I'd say the first goal we have today is the education of people, and that will require some good-hearted people getting control of some media companies.  People are woefully ignorant about what is happening in the world and why.  There needs to be some actual "reality" programming on major stations.  I believe people naturally have both good hearts and selfish egos.  Right now we have a society that cultivates selfishness.  That will be the first thing that has to change.  Second, the legalization of all plants, cacti and fungi!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So you want to rule the world? Not really, it's too much for one person to handle.  i want to be the dick cheney!  :grin:

--------------------
-The killer in me is the killer in you... so I send this smile over to you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags