Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
Computer Tekkie Shroomers:
    #324362 - 05/23/01 04:23 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all.. . .

I wish to rig a pc fan to the side of a styrofoam cooler, for air exchange. . but I've got a problem:

I've got the pc fan, and a pc power supply.

The fan has a small connector that doesn't fit into any of the power plugs coming off the power supply.

How can I rig this up?

thanks for the responses. .

"Clean this mess up else we'll all end up in jail. .. the testtubes and the scales--just get 'em all outta here. ...Is there gas in the car?"

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: Computer Tekkie Shroomers: [Re: ChangLee]
    #324377 - 05/23/01 04:34 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Strip the wires and tape it up or get the other kind of fan w/ the right connector.

* Contributor to the Free Spore Ring

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

OfflineBlunty
Stranger
    #324402 - 05/23/01 05:06 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If your using one of the power supplies coming from the computer power supply unit, then strip a bit of the end of the wires on the fan, then put one of those wires into the yellow bit , and then the other into the red bit, that will make it run at 12v. If you want to run it at 7v, you put one into the black bit, then on into the yellow bit ( I think, if not try the red). The just use some electrical tape or somit to keep it there.
Hope this helps

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
Re: Computer Tekkie Shroomers: [Re: Blunty]
    #324792 - 05/24/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Blunty, thanks a ton!

that's exactly what I needed to know. . I'll try it right now!

"Clean this mess up else we'll all end up in jail. .. the testtubes and the scales--just get 'em all outta here. ...Is there gas in the car?"

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #324802 - 05/24/01 01:40 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Blunty, it worked great. Thanks for the detailed 'how to.'

I'm planning on putting one fan on the side, near the top of the cooler- blowing air in--and one on the opposite bottom side--blowing air out. I'll set it up to run for 2 minutes, 3x per day, each 8 hours. The one on the top will have a coffee filter on the outside, to filter the air coming in. The one on the bottom will just blow CO2 out of the cooler, with no filter.

The bottom floor of the cooler/terrarium will have an inch or two of perlite, to continuously humidify the air.

Any opinions? Any people experienced with this practice? Should I have a filter on the bottom fan? Does every 8 hours for 2 minutes sound right?

I would love to hear any and all comments, things I should not do--and things I should.

Thanks again.

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #324848 - 05/24/01 04:39 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

you are going to need to put a filter on your "out" fan for 2 reasons:
1. bacteria/molds/etc...can easily "drift" into your terrarium.
2. the hole will release all of your humidity.

you are going to need to block it off and the only way is with a filter. if you are going to use a fan blowing "in" your terrarium,
you should use the Micron Magic Filter Disks sold here...look in the "vendor" forum.
I use this method for air exchange, its pretty efficient.

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

Support the FSR!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder