Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: ]
    #3243595 -

Quote:
mushmaster said: it's arguably far more atrocious that we allow the same number of children to die unpleasant, slower deaths which culminate every day.

to which international aid charities do you contribute?



I'm not sure how relevant that is, but it's a good point I guess. The answer is none. I'm concentrating on feeding myself and my family well, then on ensuring those closest to me geographically have access to good food. "Think globally, act locally" I think effort is spread thin when it is spread over a long distance. There are plenty of people across the seas working knee-deep in third-world countries for change, and I applaud them. But for me to work hard here, it's just more encouraging to see change immediately, and to be able to walk past that change every day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3243624 -

"Sharing that extra food" actually violates our free trade ideology. We subsidize large agribusiness, and then we dump our excess on world markets. This puts other nation's farmers out of business, and over the long term cripples their ability to feed themselves. They become dependent on the Government for their food instead of their private sector. People lose jobs and dignity as the central governments enhance their own power. In many of these nations, farmers make up a substantial portion of the private market. Our foriegn policy of subsidized aid constitutes a war against freedom, free trade, and capitalism itself.


--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3243660 -

I'm not sure how relevant that is, but it's a good point I guess. The answer is none.

you're saying that it's atrocious to allow children to starve all over the world... what do you do to prevent it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3243663 -

Garbage.

The idea of "subsidised aid" to Africa is a joke. Live aid raised 200 million. Africa pays that back in debt repayment every week.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: ]
    #3243674 -

you're saying that it's atrocious to allow children to starve all over the world... what do you do to prevent it?

Abolish debt repayments? After all, the people paying it back never saw dime one of the money they were "loaned" anyway.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: Xlea321]
    #3243692 -

i asked him what he personally does to prevent children from starving in "developing" countries, not you what you would do if you were the dictator of the world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: ]
    #3243736 -

It's a little tricky for him to do anything when the starving nations are paying the West 200 million a week tho isn't it. Unless he has 500 million a week to give to them.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: Xlea321]
    #3243846 -

It's a little tricky for him to do anything when the starving nations are paying the West 200 million a week tho isn't it. Unless he has 500 million a week to give to them.

i'm not sure if that's how international aid organizations work. i'm pretty sure that when you donate money to most international charities, it's used to directly assist people in need, not provide debt relief.

if zekebomb wants to help starving children in the third world, he can contribute to one of many organizations. here are just a few:

children of the americas
children, incorporated
compassion international
cure international
esperanca
feed the children
kids alive international
middle east children's alliance
palestine children's relief fund
save the children
united states fund for unicef
world emergency relief
world vision

there are dozens and dozens of organizations that provide relief for starving people around the world. are you saying that they don't do any good? is donating to them worthless?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: ]
    #3244746 -

Here's the problem right here:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina41011.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3245080 -

Satan, you are different than the rest. I think what you really need is a drinking problem. Many things come and go in this life, but a drinking problem will always stay with you. Think and thin. Hit the sauce my friend. Give it a try.


--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3245108 -

Haha.  :lol:


--------------------
Get back to work.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I would like to apologise in behalf of the American people.. [Re: Xlea321]
    #3246143 -

Quote:
Alex123 said: Unless he has 500 million a week to give to them.



I think I left it in my other pants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* my public apology apolog 760 15 11/19/04 08:20 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Migrants reported found in desert Los_Pepes 1,074 5 10/24/05 04:41 PM
by bukkake
* Bush apology makes "all the difference in the world" Phred 805 3 05/11/04 12:19 PM
by Phred
* Apology from Canada to US Shdwstr 873 5 09/06/05 12:38 AM
by MikeOLogical
* Interesting view from an American in Canada RonoS 733 2 04/03/03 08:59 PM
by Thor
* BC MARIJUANA PARTY RAIDED (ON BEHALF OF THE DEA)
( 1 2 all )
BCBudJohn 3,425 22 09/19/05 06:02 PM
by Unagipie
* Iraq: How we can bring our troops home - American Dissidents Voice The14thWarrior 527 0 10/11/05 12:06 PM
by The14thWarrior
* American imperialism - for RailGun headphone 1,585 4 09/06/01 01:08 AM
by MrKurtz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,282 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 42 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.