Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Temps/duration for cold storage
    #321491 -

Hey, I must go out of town soon. I have jars that are almost all the way colonized, and will be done before I leave. I want to halt growth until I get back so I can case them all at once. Anyway, I figured keeping the jars in coolers on the top shelf of the fridge would keep the "cultures" viable for a week or two.

Anyone have thoughts/experience with this?

I choked Linda Lovelace!


--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Temps/duration for cold storage [Re: Insomnia]
    #321508 -

how long are you going for? ive left 2 jars in the fridge for a month before and when i came back one of them had begun invitro pinning the other required a dunk and flushed normally.

----------------------------------------------------------
like the guy that runs the hawkes eye buying stock in peroxide my interests conflict cause the blind to go crosseyed


--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
creatures of the forest sing along with my chorus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Temps/duration for cold storage [Re: Insomnia]
    #321717 -

Cool - but I don't do cakes. But by your response, I can see that keeping them for a week or two in the fridge won't hurt. With casing, the slightly damp vermiculite I line the tray with, in addition to the moist csaing, should be plenty to reactivate everything.

Thanks again.

Anyone else?

I choked Linda Lovelace!


--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Question on Temp...Too cold??? Se77vN 1,216 4 11/06/02 03:51 PM
by bugabuga420
* Re: trying to fruit pf pints, temp? humidity? cold shock? Anonymous 2,131 4 08/03/00 07:40 AM
by Anonymous
* hibernation temps? Chemical_Smile 661 2 09/27/01 10:53 PM
by darkfly
* longterm storage of casings - failure Zen Peddler 1,162 6 01/07/02 02:07 PM
by ar393
* Re: when to cold shock? Mycelium5150 658 2 01/12/00 01:19 AM
by Mycelium5150
* temp and pinset MAGICSNOOP 484 3 04/02/03 03:25 PM
by diacamomo
* PC'd the 1/2 Pinters, Cold storage? NewSpore 558 2 04/10/03 07:55 PM
by NewSpore
* B+ fruiting temps... conflicting info musicisgood 7,989 4 03/14/04 10:08 PM
by Magash

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
824 topic views. 20 members, 51 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.