Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecucumelero
Mr.
Simple indoor grow teck with manure
    #3214451 - 10/04/04 05:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hello shroomers,
just wanted to share some ideas with you guys to see if it's possible to grow shrooms from manure (with culture) indoors. Here I'm very close to a field where I can find tons of p. cubensis on the rainy season. However on the dry season, you can't find them anywhere. I will like to develop a techique to grow the indor from the same manures. My idea is to take manures from whared I've picked up some shooms or that have small ones or a lot of culture, put them on tapper with lots of humidity. I was able to get this to work for one small batch but not for subsequent others. I also have some shrooms that I could use get spores from.
Another option would be to dry the manure, then sterilize it and use it as a base for my cakes? would you think this is possible? can you grow cakes from simply collecting spores in a paper, without having to do the syringe process?
Tips welcomed,

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecucumelero
Mr.
Re: Simple indoor grow teck with manure [Re: cucumelero]
    #3217352 - 10/05/04 09:40 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Come on? any ones has tried something similar? As from my experience. if you find some pinheads in the manure, you can put them on some closed plastic bags with a little water and you will have a couple of full grown shrooms for the next day

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3217359 - 10/05/04 09:44 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Many people have tried just picking up cow patties and fruiting them. It has worked a few times, not many. When it did work, the yields were very low.

As for using manure as a substrate. It has also been done. But the reason things like PF Tek are widely used, is because they are proven to work, and very well at that.

You need to do more reading before you ask questions reguarding flaking spores onto paper. There are alot more issues that come into play. Sterile issues.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlinecucumelero
Mr.
    #3217449 - 10/05/04 10:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks citric for your reply, I have read and have a compilation of growing guides on a pdf. However all of them uses the casing and fruiting chamber as setup with few variations. What I'm looking here is a very simple grow tech, because I have fresh shrooms available easy and it's not worth (for me) to spend on more complicated setups. Ideally the setup for me would be similar to "planting" dry shrooms on some sort of substrate directly into the fruiting chamber. As an example I could put manure with culture and pin heads on the fuiting chamber and get subsequent flushes from it....

However up until now I been able to get only one flush of few shrooms indors, outdoors I have managed to get good ammounts but I'm subjected to weather. Any tips will be great because I'm going to be testing

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3217459 - 10/05/04 10:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds like your indoor set up is rather.. well shit.

You need to be sterile indoors.  Outside it's less of a concern since mold can't really get a hold on much, but inside where there is stagnant air, dirty ass people, and just random bad stuff flying around you need to be careful or you will never have much fruit and lots of contamination.

If you want shrooms during a dry season, I'd suggest making yourself a suitable setup, or else just continue getting them outside.

Sorry to sound so harsh bro, but that's just basically how it is.

- Silven :mushroom2:

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Offlinecucumelero
Mr.
    #3217562 - 10/05/04 11:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well going to give it a try any how, and about contamination, if this cheap and easy way to grow them works for more than one flush, you could easily replace the substrate evey once in a while.. it seams curious to me that the only method I can find has practically the same setups, obviously because it works... may I'm just going to pick up lost of 'em and dry them for the dry times :smile:

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

#3217580 - 10/05/04 11:34 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, while bulk grows indoors are generally recommended for more experienced cultivators, it is relatively easy to grow indoors with poo.

What I think would be easiest for you is to get a fresh mushroom outside and print it under sterile conditions. Using the print throw together some spawn (popcorn is extremely easy) and mix it with some straw and poo in a large tupperware container and case with 50/50 vermiculite/coco coir. Since the tupperware itself is the casing, you don't need to do anything extra for air exchange or humidity other than fan a few times a day and mist the walls of the tupperware after you do. You'll get extremely large yields and numerous flushes if done correctly, and it only takes a month or two from start to finish.

Sterile Techniques: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23426
Making spore prints: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/22995
Grain Substrates (popcorn): http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26016
Bulk Cultivation (straw/poo): http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/22994

Good luck with whatever you decide. Hope this helped.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Offlinecucumelero
Mr.
    #3217622 - 10/05/04 11:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thanks MicoCat, this is what I've was looking for, more comments welcome! I will post my results

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation