Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliftedonliberty
Stranger

Amanita Pantherinas in Langley BC?
    #3207970 - 10/02/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have found what i suspect may be Amanita Pantherinas, but Im a newby and would really appreciate some input from any knowledgeable individuals out there. What are the potential look-alikes for this species A. Pantherina? I have pics of them but i cant get the files posted on here, if you think you could help and have a little time email me at kevin_lennox@yahoo.com or let me know how i can send the pics to you for inspection. I was intrigued to read that A Pantherina are more potent and less nauseating than A muscaria, but im wondering if this is a commonly held opinion? Anyways, anyone who would care to help me make a more accurate and confident identification please respond with any advice you have or let me know how i can get these pics to you or just email me andi 'll send em back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita Pantherinas in Langley BC? [Re: liftedonliberty]
    #3207996 - 10/02/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

According to my references Amanita pantherina produces more severe symptoms than Amanita muscaria, and it is generally regarded by medical people as being more toxic.

Happy mushrooming!

Offlinefreedomseeker
Crazy old lady!

Loc: Washington State
Re: Amanita Pantherinas in Langley BC? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3208006 - 10/02/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ugh! Read that link! http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=9574 Glad my friend decided not to so far. Even with the Formosa variety. UGH!

Granted...the woman that had the trip on the Pantherinas stated that she also had bad LSD trips etc. Since I've only had happy and fun trips...no fear and creepiness...I would take that into account on her expereince.

Still....

UGH!

L

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by freedomseeker (10/02/04 08:07 PM)

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Amanita Pantherinas in Langley BC? [Re: liftedonliberty]
    #3210682 - 10/03/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have eaten A. Pantherina twice and did not get sick at all, however they were from the same batch. I have eaten an extract of A. muscaria var. muscaria once and did not get sick. I have eaten A muscaria var formosa many times and have always gotten at least a litle sick and once got sick enough to puke.

I have heard that Pantherina is tipically more potent in its psycoactive effects and produces little to none of the nausea effects. I suspect that this is true.

I also suspect that the red cap A. muscaria is less likely to produce bad effects than the yellow/orange varity which usually causes at least some sickness.

I plan to experiment more with A. pantheria and the red cap A. muscaria in the future as the high they produce is lots of fun. A lot of people seem to think that these mushrooms are very dangerous. This has not been the case in my experience. Just use good judgement and caution.

One tip of safety. These mushrooms can be very potent. As such you don't need to eat much to get very high. Some times as little as 1/4 of a cap is enough. This is particulary important when eating A.muscaira var formosa (yellow/orange caps) since it does seem to always cause sickness too. Eating too much of that one deffinently could make you real sick.

Also some people claim that these mushrooms are delirient hallucinogens like datura/ belladona/ dramamine. Nothing could be further from the truth. These are neither delirients or psychedellics but something in its own class. They can induce hallucinations of various types, but their main effect is on thought. Foolish fantasy thinking and genral euphoria. Somewhat "Wonderland" like.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

Edited by SoftRat (10/03/04 05:51 PM)

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Pantherinas in Langley BC? [Re: SoftRat]
    #3274098 - 10/25/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Pantherina's grow in BC I've seen them on occasion.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies