Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesecretmachine
lover of mystery

amanita pantherina questions
    #3204206 - 10/01/04 05:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, i found a bunch of A. Pantherina and i want to confirm they are psychedelic like A. Muscaria, because i am getting conflicting information from different sites, and my mushroom books. Can i pretend they are the same as Muscaria and prepare them the same way? I want to try them, but only until i have enough information. I'm pretty sure they are pantherina because they all have warts on the light brown cap, and have the little ledge above the vulva. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

--------------------
---
A civilization based on authority-and-submission is a civilization without the means of self-correction. Effective communication flows only one way: from master-group to servile-group. Any cyberneticist knows that such a one-way communication channel lacks feedback and cannot behave "intelligently."

the principle of authority" was the "eminently theological, metaphysical and political idea that the masses, always incapable of governing themselves, must submit at all times to the benevolent yoke of a wisdom and a justice, which in one way or another, is imposed from above."
"no one should be entrusted with power, inasmuch as anyone invested with authority must . . . became an oppressor and exploiter of society."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: amanita pantherina questions [Re: secretmachine]
    #3204268 - 10/01/04 05:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

First, being "pretty sure" is not a good way to go in a genus like Amanita. The vast majority of mushroom poisoning fatalities are from Amanitas. If there is any possibility of an error you should not eat an Amanita.

Both Amanita muscaria and Amanita pantherina (and several similar close relatives) contain primarily Ibotenic Acid and Muscimole. They also contain a whole bunch of other alkaloids that are mostly unstudied. Amanita pantherina seems to result in a significantly higher probability that the person eating them will end up in an emergency room. Reports seem to indicate that eating them produces more of the unpleasant and undesirable symptoms than Amanita muscaria. This is probably due to the many other alkaloids.

From the point of view that Ibotenic Acid and Muscimole are the main active substances, preparation is the same for any of these Amanitas.

Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: amanita pantherina questions [Re: secretmachine]
    #3206168 - 10/02/04 10:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

[http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=9574]

That may change your mind...

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification