Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTenchiro
Stranger
Loc: Renton, WA
What is the etiquette for harvesting mushrooms in the wild?
    #3167404 - 09/22/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have been lurking here a while as I am new to the whole mushroom thing. I have been looking around where I live for soem likely spots to find P. Cyanescens and from what I have read they grow mainly on mulched or chipped hardwood.

I found a nice pile of what looks like leaf debris mixed with alder chips and a few stumps thrown in for good measure, in a nice private area and have been checking it off and on as a couple of other species of mushroom are growing there. But today I noticed a couple of spots of what looked kind of like tapioca pudding. I didn't know if this was some sort of growing medium or just a wierd fungus. Now I just wanted to make sure I wasn't encroaching on anyone elses territory, so to speak. It got me to thinking is there any kind of etiquette for harvesting in public area?

Thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: What is the etiquette for harvesting mushrooms in the wild? [Re: Tenchiro]
    #3167935 - 09/22/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

nope, finders keepers!
:wink:

Just leave the land like you found it.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the etiquette for harvesting mushrooms in the wild? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3167983 - 09/22/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

its good to leave a few shroomies there so they can spread around spores so they'll come back, also you should try your best not to damage the mycelia underground

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: What is the etiquette for harvesting mushrooms in the wi [Re: Tenchiro]
    #3168828 - 09/23/04 03:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Take what you need, not what you want, basicly leave some for others that might frequent the area.

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: What is the etiquette for harvesting mushrooms in the wi [Re: rocknliam]
    #3169336 - 09/23/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

When it comes to actives- HAS ANYONE NEEDED LESS THAN WHAT THEY FOUND?????????     :grin: :blush:

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineTenchiro
Stranger
Loc: Renton, WA
Re: What is the etiquette for harvesting mushrooms in the wi [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #3169344 - 09/23/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cool, thanks for the info.

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
    #3169931 - 09/23/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Take what you find as long as they are mature.
Make sure the cap is fully open and it is big.
There is nothing i hate more then baby rapers.
I see ppl come out of the bush with a bag full of babies...its useless. Yeah thell still get ya high...but wait 3 or 4 days and you will get 4 times the weight from the same shrooms.
If its someones yard and you can see ppl have been looking, then leave it alone...but if you are in the bush its all yours.
And try to make it look the same as when you found it, the shrooms grew in that spot because the conditions were right. Make it look as similar as you can and you have better chances of more growing, and if it looks like you ve looked there other ppl will look there.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3170587 - 09/23/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Harvest the mature ones, and leave the pins!

And as said above, it's pretty much finders keepers. And if you're on private property I think people would care more about you plain being on their land than picking all of the mushrooms. If it is someones property, and you are really worried about being caught, go to the door, dressed in a washington state shirt and kindly ask them for permission to collect mushroom specimens from their land to do bioassays for a mycology project in a biology course of yours. If you dont want to do that, just wake up early on a weekend and search with the sunrise, and stray away from open areas, even if that means sneaking around :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom