Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Who exclusively caps their shrooms?
    #3147753 - 09/17/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know about any of you but I always put my shrooms into capsules. Anyone else always do this? I'm a real pussy about tasting things... Alcohol makes me gag. I think it's because, as a young teen, I drank Robitussin a couple times (barf) and it's sort of made me gag after tasting anything I deem less than pleasurable. I guess it's somewhat beneficial to outgrow alcohol at an early age :P ... And somehow I think I'll be able to down a glass of cactus juice :/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: Ayrios]
    #3147773 - 09/17/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I can tolerate the taste of mushies, but my husband has a very sensitive palate/tummy so we capsule exclusively now. He's said that using capsulated shrooms has completely rejuvinated his shrooming experiences.

InvisibleFuzzt
Junglist
    #3148269 - 09/17/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I just cut shrooms up into small pieces and swallow them like pills.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: Fuzzt]
    #3149635 - 09/17/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i powder mine and tip it into a shot of Drambuie

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3151946 - 09/18/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I cap my shroomz to preserve them on the shelf, packing the powder in as tightly as I can.... The negative to this is that (for me) I have noticed that taking the caps like this, it sometimes takes 2-3 hours before there are ANY noticable effects - even on an empty stomach....

The first time I did this, I took about 1.5gr and after 2 hours, nothing.... So I took another 1gr tossing it off to a weak strain, and expecting the same results of nothing.... Well, about 45mins later, the first ones started taking hold, slow ramp up, and LOOOOOOONNNNG peak, as I am thinking that the second dose hit at the end of the first peak, and the peak was more like a peak-platue...! It was a good experience, but not what I expected....

Has anyone else had these delayed effects from packed capsules...?

ChoW~

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3152075 - 09/18/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Try making some mushroom tea, stir in a little honey or squeeze in some drops of lemon to boost the taste. Reduces nausia, easy to drink, and easy to make.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3152124 - 09/18/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GimpyTomCat said:

Yeah, especially with the easy-to-find vegan capsules.

You can help this by punching holes in the gelcaps directly before use, or by 'unclicking' the cap so it's not on all the way. Lay gently on tongue and it should fall apart after being swallowed.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3152395 - 09/18/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ayrios said:
Quote:

GimpyTomCat said:

Yeah, especially with the easy-to-find vegan capsules.

Unless you are a vegitarian, I can see no reason to use the vegan capsules. They take way too long to dissolve. I just use regular gelatin capsules and I have felt effects within 35-60 minutes.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3152474 - 09/18/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Simply all I could find. I went all around town. The GNCs gave me a funny look and told me they no longer carry gelcaps and a few other similar stores had none as well. Finally found vegan caps in a healthfood store. It's not a personal statement :wink:

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#3152557 - 09/18/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have one word for you - chocolate.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3152581 - 09/18/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Look for them online.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3152839 - 09/18/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OK, I just looked to see if they were gelatin or vegan....  I did get them online from a certain "Basement" company, and they ARE listed as gelatin capsules....  ::::scratching head::::  And the delay has not been a one time thing either, it has been consistant every time I have done this....  I pretty much just plan on the 2-3hr wait...!

In counterdict to this, I also use the kava kava lactone paste (a very wonderful product) in the SAME caps, and I notice the effects start appearing in 30-45min....  So what the hell...? 

I do pack the caps very very tightly with a Berol drawing pencil that has a metal cap on the end that fits PERFECTLY into the end of a "00" size cap....  Since it is oxygen that destroys the actives of shroomz, I would think the tighter you pack them, the less oxygen is in them, and the longer they last.... 

OK, now knowing this, and after my first delayed experience, the second time I took them this way I rolled the caps in my fingers to loosen up the contents....  I still had the same delay....

For reference, Yes - the shoom powder is completely dried with dissesant(sp) before packing, as well as stored with a dissesant pack in a glass bottle....  Yes, on an empty stomach....  No, I was not on any other influences.... 

I had thought maybe that I was packing them to tight, but when I rolled them in my fingers they did give a little, and it did loosen up a bit....  So now I am lost as to why this is happening.... 

I will try the "loosening the end, and poking holes in the caps before ingesting them" next time, as suggested by Ayrios....  I just hope they don't crack or spit open in the process in their super dry state....  Unfortunately I will not know the results for a while (a month or so) because I just did the fungi dance about 2 weeks ago....  I usually space out my vacations about 1-2 months apart....  :smile:

ChoW~

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#3152871 - 09/19/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've never capped shrooms or any other substance for that matter... except weed, like back in grade 9. Made some huge keif capsules. :smirk:

I've gotta try capping shrooms though. Does it help to slow down metabolism? Err, what I mean is, how much longer will they take to metabolize as opposed to eating them raw? Because mushrooms hit me about 15 minutes after ingestion, far too fast and sometimes I get a stomach ache. Not tryin' to jack your thread or anything, just wondering...

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: browndustin]
    #3153311 - 09/19/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Very smooth and gradual comeup. I suppose the capsule doesn't break down evenly since only a small part of the surface is on the lining of the stomach. It must stick to the wall and not roll around. If it broke down all at once, however, the comeup would be accelerated as the surface area of all that fine powder would be quite a bit higher than chewed dry mushrooms.

Offlinealtitude
stranger thanmost

#3155410 - 09/20/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Tea is probably a better option, or even make a soup. Spinkle on some salt and pepper and dip some bread in. lol.
I have put them in yoghurt before, that way they are easy to just swallow without even tasting them.
Never capped them though.

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: altitude]
    #3160474 - 09/21/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This is weird; I only use gelcaps and have never experienced any delayed digestion, in fact, when I use caps with powder the mushies actually kick in faster! Gelcaps are the only way to go, IMHO, I'd never eat them again. Plus, with gelcaps, you dont get as much swamp-gas

OfflineTitanSmoke
Stranger
Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: candykid420]
    #3160983 - 09/21/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

melt some chocolate...add peanut butter...grind your shrooms up mix them in...pour mixture into ice cube tray. wait for them to cool down and turn hard again...yyyyyyuuuuummm!

Invisiblekaleras
imperfectable
    #3161233 - 09/21/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The last 5 times I've done shrooms I have capsuled them. The first three times I experienced a delay ~2 hours long. The other two times they hit in about 15-30 minutes. Only thing really different is that the first three times all of the capsules were from the same batch and had been sitting for a little while; the last two were ingested the next day.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#3163023 - 09/21/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I just eat em with an orange juice chaser.  They're not all THAT bad  :tongue: :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Who exclusively caps their shrooms? [Re: Noviseer]
    #3163562 - 09/22/04 02:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
I just eat em with an orange juice chaser.  They're not all THAT bad  :tongue: :sun:

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale