Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Animals definately know what's up.
    #3135167 - 09/14/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was just thinking about how much fun it was playing with my cat while tripping, and it occured to me that they definatley sense differences in you (ie. tripping out)

My cat is like super playful and shit when I?m tripping out and having a blast. He?s never like that when I?m sober, it?s strange.

But there was also this one time when I was having a bad trip at night. I was outside just walking around, cursing myself for being so "unprepared" about eating mushrooms. I sat down and put my head in my arms, ya know, sittin the trip out. Then low and behold my cat comes over and starts rubbing up against me and shit, purring. He had to have known something was wrong. He even stood up onto my back and was pushing his nose into my neck, ya know, gettin me to lift my head.

Man... what a great cat. Lenny?s his name. I?ll try and find a pic of him.

allright, found a pic

Edited by adamj (09/14/04 04:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: adamj]
    #3135213 - 09/14/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cats are definatly trippy creatures. Just look at their eyes, it looks like they are constantly in a state of hallucination. eg. Pupills seem to be very big hahaha
Peace

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3135305 - 09/14/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Aww...what a poofy kitty!!!

My cats are AWESOME when tripping.  I have three of them.  One time when my husband and I were tripping together on 4g's my gray fat kitty came and sat between us and we just spent the entire trip laughing our asses off at him.  Seriously, every little thing he did (twitch his tail, lick himself, etc) was such a riot!  He knew we were laughing at him and so he looked pretty annoyed but that just made us laugh harder. 

That was fantastic. 

I :heart: animals.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: MOTH]
    #3135847 - 09/14/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ive noticed this also. I often thought ppl could be just full shit wanting to believe in something out of the ordinary (ie: a fantasy) but my cat showed me otherwise.

I always sit on the couch in the same spot and same usual positions, not giving off away any strange vibes that I actualy took something.

The few times I sat infront of my TV while on a substance my cat for the first time I thought was acting strange, she literally sat directly infront of me staring right at me for minutes. With her normal behavior she just looks at me for a split second to a few seconds then just walks away, but this time she just sat and stared at me.

I didnt give any insentive for her either. I stared at her then stared back at the TV. Then minutes past by she just sat and stared at me, I look back down and she keeps staring at me. After a while she finally left but I thought that was rather unusual to say the least.

I have a theory about it. About the cat being "informed" by "spirits", in other words dead ppl who have already passed on trying to make your bond stronger with your cat. It may sound wacky to some of you at first but this is based on many experiences Ive had of possible proof of the behavior/mentality of ppl who have passed on, basicly Im implying an afterlife. Its long and personal, if you got any specific questions you can pm me.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: bandaid]
    #3135867 - 09/14/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Get this...

My last trip I was sprawled out on my bed, overwelmed by hallucinations. They were everywhere, the ceiling was liquid, green and red patterns morphing on it and the walls were dripping with this liquid.

Well, one of my cats hopped on the bed, and stared at me. This isn't unusual. But then my cat got extremely agitated and ran over to the wall, started jumping up and pawing at the liquid dripping in green ribbons down the wall.

I couldn't believe it...this cat never does anything like this. What made it even more insane is that it looked like some of the green ceiling liquid got on his paw and just as I saw that, *he shook his paw* like he was flicking water from it.

So incredibly strange.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno...
Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: MOTH]
    #3135885 - 09/14/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I love my cat he always stays with me when i trip. Usually he just wants food or to go out, but when im tripping he will stay with me the whole time like hes making sure im ok, hes so awesome.

but if i saw him react to my visuals, i think id have a few new ideas on the world, to say the least.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3135918 - 09/14/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
I love my cat he always stays with me when i trip. Usually he just wants food or to go out, but when im tripping he will stay with me the whole time like hes making sure im ok, hes so awesome.

but if i saw him react to my visuals, i think id have a few new ideas on the world, to say the least.

At the time, it was almost too much to handle.  I was lost in my brain in this sea of colors and writing so when I saw him do that I just burrowed my head in a pillow.  :crazy2:

Offlinetheaquaman54
malfunkchunn

#3135944 - 09/14/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cats definately know when we're trippin. I think thats where the myth comes from that if you pet your cat while tripping they absorb some of the chemicals from your skin and they start trippin too. There was a time when I couldnt figure it out. It seemed like it was true due to the fact that the cat would act weird after I would pet her. But in reality (if there is such a thing) I was the only one trippin and the cat knew it.

--------------------
theaquaman

The Reply-To Feature.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3136090 - 09/14/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Same with my friend's cat. He was extremely affectionate while I was on lsd the other day, and almost seemed to be sharing the experience with me :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#3136121 - 09/14/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

When im baked, my dog follows me everywhere. When i stop it just stares at me and somtimes barks.

maybe it was the smell or maybe it was....(***plays twilight zone music)

OfflineShroomCat
Shroom Acolyte

#3136974 - 09/14/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My dog back at home had some minor issues. She was pretty scared of strangers, but after knowing a person for a few months she was super-friendly. Needless to say, my dog loved me, and wasn't in the least bit frightened of me.

When I was tripping, she would just stand several meters away from me and stare at me like I was evil or something. If I tried to come closer to pet her, she would run away a bit, and then keep staring at me. It kind of creeped me out at first, like there was something wrong with my dog, and I might have to call a vet or something. I was with it enough though to realize she could tell I wasn't entire myself, even though I was still acting mostly like myself, and obviously looked and smelled like myself.

One of the weirdest thing I've seen when I'm tripping was my cat this one time when I must have been tripping at a hard level 3, or mild level 4. I had crazy visuals everywhere. Rainbows and swirls, melting floorboards. It was awesome. My dog looked like she was covered with metallic-rainbow covered threads. My cat looked . . .completely normal. He wasn't blurring, or coloured, or shifting around. If I was looking at my cat, it was like I was barely high at all, except for everything around him. And he knew I was tripping. He'd run up to me, rub himself against my legs, let me pet him for a bit, then run off as fast as he could. But the whole time he looked completely normal, while the world around him was insane with lights, patterns and movement. It was like he was purposely messing with my head. It amused me to no end.

OfflineStinky
Toaster ofPop-tarts

#3137053 - 09/14/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I love animals and I love mushrooms. I have not had the pleasure of being around my pets while on mushrooms, but they are great after smoking weed. I get the feeling that if there was a coke message board, the people that post there wouldn't love animals as much.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: Stinky]
    #3140578 - 09/15/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I highly doubt a coke message board exists, but it would be quite funny if one did :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: deff]
    #3141661 - 09/15/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My first time the I ever took shrooms and it kicked in i was walking down my hall way.  Me cat was walking up and he look at me an ran, I laughed and thought crazy shit about the fact he knew my vibes were different. Some shit anyway :lol:

Anonymous

#3142554 - 09/16/04 04:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

animals have way less of an ego than we humans, hense the "sixth sense".  anytime im shroomin balls, my dogs(well one sadly passed away recently..but when he was around..) would whine to no end and wag their tails and seem to just chill in awe of me.  i kind of felt like jesus, because well whenever i shroom its to get intune with my higherself, so yeah.  but hell yeah animals know whats up!  very awesome to see them as equal to you and not "just a dog or a cat".  definitely see them as a guardian of sorts, a protector.

in the middle of august for my bday i had a few friends over and we took 4g's and were outside at night at the corner of my yard next to this little tree smokin some bud.  and out of no where my cat runs and jumps up into the little tree. (its about as tall as we are, like 5-6ft)  the entire night she kind of stalked us it seemed.  she would always be right around the corner as if chasing visuals or something.  definitely was drawn to our energies.  i patted her on the head and smiled, i was too fucked up to even really do much more than that.  if my friends werent all around id have probably played with her if it was a solo trip.

hey...has anyone else noticed that even if something is supposed to be dirty that on shrooms it will seem totally clean?  This has happened to me twice with the same animals, chickens.  out at my grandparents house they raise a couple dozen chickens to butcher and anyways i was shroomin on 2g's and looked in at the baby chicks and they were glowing a perfectly awesome golden glow, i was in awe, they looked so godly(and they were just fucking chicks, you know?)  then the other time about a few months later when they were all grown up and fat dirty fuckers, i looked at them and they glowed a perfect white.  it was awesome.  why didnt they look dirty on shrooms?  they looked perfectly clean to me.(:lol: not like im tryin to say chickens know what is up, im just sayin this cuz of the person who said their cat looked perfect, no distortions, and these chickens are supposed to be filthy and looked perfect to me)

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3142572 - 09/16/04 04:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My 3 cats are fantastic when I'm tripping. They all have different ways of reacting. The best thing is when I'm in the garden at night, sitting in their world. It makes me feel how it is to be a cat.
Also, I have foxes at the bottom of the garden. If you sit quiet, you hear them running and yelping, and doing their foxy thing. Sometimes you see them.
I think animals exist on a higher plane of awareness.

--------------------
LURK

Anonymous

Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: Loosifa]
    #3142578 - 09/16/04 04:47 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I think animals exist on a higher plane of awareness. 

less of an ego! :wink:  we can go there and beyond man, far beyond.  we gotta free ourselves from what we have becomes slaves to.  the self.
notice how animals love so unconditionally? punish your animal for something and less than a half hour later they come in like im sooorrrryyyy :frown:  you pet em and they just brighten up like nothing ever happened.  :cool:  dogs are more loving than cats IME, cats are a bit cocky...and come off as conceited a lot of the time to me

OfflineMushBus
CURVEBALL MASTER

Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: ]
    #3142895 - 09/16/04 09:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well my cat was a straight pot head. She would see the bong come out and sit patiently beside me for her turn. It was cool but my complex made me get rid of her. Never got a chance to trip around her but its on my list now.

OfflineTugBoat
Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: MushBus]
    #3143010 - 09/16/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You damn hippies!

I kid, I kid

InvisibleKingSpade
Seeker
Male

Re: Animals definately know what's up. [Re: TugBoat]
    #3144609 - 09/16/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:rastamon:
I totally agree, everytime i blaze up and chill around my cat  I always thought he could somehow sense that I was high, its amazing (and a relief) that other people have noticed the same thing! :rastamon:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder