Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKatrina
Stranger

2nd batch and questions???
    #3138874 - 09/15/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well my first batch of jars grew all green. My second batch, I now have 2 jars left without green. Obviously I am doing something wrong. I intend to try to use the "oven tek" this time. I also figured out that maybe I am incubating at too low of temperature, so I got an Aquarium heater and I've got the last 2 jars hovering around 80 now. My question is this. I have been using the metal lids on my jars, but several teks have shown using 2 layers of foil and just sticking needle right through the first layer and then covering with foil. Would this be better than my metal lids and rings?? Also, this second batch I did I used a diff tek that stated not to pack the substrate down (first tek I used said to), but I have noticed that it has kinda packed down by itself and there is space between the lid and the dry vermiculite and I am wondering if this could be a problem with contam I got this time. Last question is this: I am getting ready to construct my terrarium and I was going to use my cool myst humidifier, but I have been reading about perlite and now I am wondering which I should use. Should I bother with the PF tek terrarium (2 liter bottles and all that) or should I try the perlite method, which works better? Appreciate any info that comes my way. Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKatrina
Stranger

Re: 2nd batch and questions??? [Re: Katrina]
    #3139290 - 09/15/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Okay I did flame the needle, but I did just recently read about the alcohol sponge thing and was going to try that. Living conditions are not bad, but this is the second batch with green. First time I did not flame, second time I did, every 2 holes, but no alcohol. Just thought I would do the oven thing to be safe. Tired of losing so many jars. What is PMP?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation