Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Just a couple of questions for the experienced
    #889546 - 09/17/02 09:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wow, its been a while since ive posted on here, due to a bunch of minor complications of life! the place looks good! (nice new icons)

ok to the questions,
first off, i just put a new batch in my grow chamber, strains- gts/orissa. i noticed 2 of the cakes have a funny mildew smell to them, ive seen this b4, but on cakes i have thrown out. the subtrate looks really dark, on the bottom, but the meliculim looks fine and healthy, its just got this awful smell to it, its not as potent as the other ones that smelled like this a few months b4. what im wonder about this, is should/can i still fruit it? would it be wise not to, or will it matter? im also debating on if its brown rice flour, im a virgin brf user, so im not sure of the coloration diff between that and seed, but im guessing this really isnt the case due to smell.

the 2nd question, is i have found larve of small flies in some of my jars i had. now this could be because of many things:
the duck tape that i used (we didnt have any electrictians tape) in the pc, melted back on some parts, and exposed a hole, could this be the problem? we noticed though, that it was only in the birdseed batch that we were finding these little critters, maybe it was from where my seed sit out in a garage and they came in? but if so, how could they stand such heat from a pc for a hour or 2? anyone have any ideas on that?
ok i look forward to an reply
peace
rain :grin: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Just a couple of questions for the experienced [Re: rain_angel]
    #893461 - 09/19/02 01:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

> its just got this awful smell to it

Awfull smell is never good.
I wouldn?t use them.

>and exposed a hole, could this be the problem?
Yes, most certainly a fly laid eggs i?n the birdseed.

>only in the birdseed batch that we were finding these little critters, maybe it was from where my seed sit out in a garage and they came in?

no, the eggs or larvae wouldn?t survive the sterilisation.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation