Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

I need a home!
    #3136231 - 09/14/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So, I went travelling at the beginning of June. That was great, I had a really good time, learned a lot and came into a part of myself I was striving for before but could never quite reach. I'm back home now and have been since mid-August. The problem is I have no money, no job and no home. I am waiting to hear about a killer job that I really want, and theres a really good chance I won't get it... but even if I do get it it doesn't start for another month and I need money now. I'm not desperate for money coz I defintly have couches to crash on and food isn't hard to come by thanks to Sikh temple and organic dumpsters... I'm just really stressed out about not having my own space yet.

I've been home for a month now and I don't have my own space. I really don't wanna go another whole month without my own home, but I may have to since I don't have the money to pay rent. The other problem is that I feel really alone in this house searching thing, since the person I was looking with hasn't yet circled a single classified ad and is now saying she might just move with a different friend of ours. I need a place to live. The first friends place I was staying at totally stressed me out since its a crazy loud punk house in which two of the residents are an alcholic couple that either party or fight all night on half the days out of a week, and leave major messes in the kitchen... and don't respect me since I wasn't a rent payer (just a cleaning lady/house guest.)

It's partly my own fault for not having looked for a job right away, and I take responsibility for that... however, for at least the last 2 weeks I've had a killer cold so I *couldn't* look, and had I found a job I probably would have lost it by now for calling in sick for so long so soon into finding it.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has any wise advice that I may not have thought of, or perhaps just encouraging words to help me weather through my intense mood swings.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
Re: I need a home! [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #3136843 - 09/14/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

pitch a tent somewhere...

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #3137400 - 09/15/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you'll be stronger and wiser after life quites kickin you in the ass, allways know that something will come your way new opportunity's will arise take advantage of that, be aware and check out local space/shelters/communes get a short term job "day labor."
I've done it lots, it always hurts but is not without reward.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #3138525 - 09/15/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I had to sleep in my truck at Wal Mart for about 3 months while I looked for work when I first moved down here.  I don't really have any wise advice for you, other than just hang in there & keep looking 'til you find something. 

I know how frustrating it can get - I had a couple nights where I almost broke down & blew $50 on a hotel room just so I could take a shower in private (gym showers get old real fast.)  Just remember that nothing lasts forever and you will eventually have a job and a nice warm home of your own. 

In the meantime, savor the experience as much as you can, even during the hard times.  You might not get another opportunity to roam free like this once you're older.  I'm not sure I'd do it again, but I wouldn't trade those 3 months for anything in the world.

Best of luck in your wanderings. :cool:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3139198 - 09/15/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I been in those shoes many times almost yearly. It always stressed me out and put strains on my relationships. Id say get a job at a ymca camp or some sort of resort. They often offer cheap housing, maybe dorm style and discounted meals or even free meals.

Or if im realy lost I go to the nearest chill town/ city and kick it in the park or cool street. After a couple days the locals recognize you and talk to you. Then tell em your traveling and looking for a place to stay. Often times some realy awsome people scoop me up.

And if you find your self in the states let some people know here. Im lookin for a place in philly right now. Maybe we cvan get a random flop house going.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #3139782 - 09/15/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Self proclaimed bum here too. Fuck a job.

you know how to grow mush? start up your own biz. If you know how to do shit right, you'll be better than ok.

Fuck fuckknuckle

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineShroominDawg
Fellow Shroomer

Loc: GA
Re: I need a home! [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3140767 - 09/15/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Selling shrooms is a very bad idea. Thats where you fuck your life up even worse. Listen dude, right now you have your health, and money cant buy that. Rich people cant buy health. When you have less in life you appreciate it alot more. Hang in their a lil while longer, this shits only temporary, and theirs always homelss shelters. If you dont want to do that than get a tent in the woods and live off of the dollar menu at McDonalds. Try going to a church and asking for help, you cant go wrong their, bro. Anywayzs, I hope all goes well for you man.
XxShroominxX

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
    #3140799 - 09/15/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

when you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to get it....

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3141401 - 09/15/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ok lets try this again

You have no job
You eat out of garbage cans
You need a job

End of the problem

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#3160498 - 09/21/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I still don't have a home or a job. However, I went to my moms place for a week (when I had a bad cold) to get better and I got a chance to relax and think. Now I'm totally ok. I find out this friday if I get a job writing zines for 6 months and I have a good chance at getting it. I'm staying at a different friends place now and i'm comfortable there. I'm going on a cleanse so I can make my body stronger, and I'm making my health my first priority. I'll have a home by November, thats a longer wait than I'd like but I'm totally safe and secure as it is right now. I actually have a whole lot going for me right now. Amazing friends, plenty of good food, several warm dry and comfortable houses to sleep in and lots of projects to get started on.

Also, just to let you know fucknuckle, even when I have lots of money I eat out of the dumpster. Grocery stores throw away incredible food! I eat like a god and really just have to supplement the tasty trash with paid for groceries.

I am also considering selling some pot, perhaps shrooms (but I'd rather just share or trade those for favours from my friends... I don't feel right about making my medicine a commodity.)

As it stands I have a good chance at this awesome job, so I'll let you know whats going on by friday.

Thanks for the advice folks.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3160918 - 09/21/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So you are proud to eat from dumpsters. Ok go for it.

You don't have a job

Your going to mabey sell drugs.

You are a very intresting person.

I hope you do well.

Invisiblebub_x
Stranger
    #3161986 - 09/21/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: I need a home! [Re: bub_x]
    #3177725 - 09/25/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Update:

ON monday I ran into a friend who said she had been looking for me for days. One of her boyfriend's roomates was moving for the first of the month and they thought of me coz they knew I was looking and needed someone to fill it. It's really cheap. $260 a month including utilities for a big room in a tidy, quiet home with people that I get along with really well.

Today I found out that I did indeed get the job I had been hoping for. The government is now going to be paying to write and publish zines full time, and after 7 months they're going to give me a thousand dollars for finishing the contract.

My dad is spotting me the money to cover October's rent since I havn't had the income to allow me to save for it. Generally everything has fallen together completely. As soon as I stopped worrying it fell right in my lap, I never should have panicked in the first place.

And hey bub, good link. Everyone should check it out.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3177777 - 09/25/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thats awsome. I'm glad to hear things are working out

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates